J. Bowers Construction Co

Founded 1959 • With Angi since March 2005

3113 Mogadore Rd

Akron, OH 44312

J. Bowers Construction, Inc. was built on the twin principles of honesty and quality workmanship. These are still the guiding factor in how we do business today. Our goal is to provide clients with extraordinary service and value. From the first inspection of the disaster site to the finishing touches of the restoration work, J. Bowers Construction, Inc. strives to meet each client’s individual needs – and bring their home or building back to working order as quickly as possible. Additional contact name - Sean Bowers. Additional fax - (330) 628-8473....

4.3

4.4

3.9

roofing (14)water damage restoration (8)window replacement (4)siding companies (4)decks & porches (2)flooring (3)gutter repair (2)furniture refinishing (2)home builder (1)

07/09/2018

Jules R.

Brian was awesome. I don't know how I could say enough good things about him! He came out and found a tiny hole in my roof about the size of a penny. We have no idea what caused the hole, but something small must have been traveling pretty fast to cause the hole.. He was very kind and helpful even though his company no longer travels to our area. He put a patch on the roof without even charging me!

Description of Work
There was water dripping from my ceiling and Brian came and checked things out for me since they had put the roof on about 8 years ago.

Work Completed On 06/20/2018

10/29/2017

Wendy F.

Horrible, late, poor workmenship. Lie after lie. Home owner beware.

Description of Work
Home repair.

Category flooring contractor,gutter repair,remodeling,siding,water damage restoration,replacement windows

Work Completed On 08/15/2017

03/25/2017

Cassie P.

They have been phenomenal. They kept me in the loop about what they were doing and answered any questions or concerns. They are incredibly responsive and courteous. This was all new to me and they made a difficult situation so much better.

Description of Work
We had a house fire and they were contacted by the fire dept. to board up the house. We talked to them then and decided they were the company we wanted to go with to do the repair. They took most of the house down to the studs, did the demo from the fire and the rebuild which included plumbing, electric, heating, custom woodwork, hardwood floors, etc.

Category decks,flooring contractor,remodeling,water damage restoration,replacement windows

Work Completed On 03/25/2017

Review for J. Bowers Construction Co - 3113 Mogadore Rd, Akron, OH - 34675511

03/14/2017

Carol G.

J. Bowers sent someone to the house immediately. In pouring rain, he found an isolated roof problem, took pictures, did some immediate remediation, and explained everything. The estimator was also knowledgeable. I authorized them to do both the the interior and exterior repairs. Everyone I worked with was professional, knowledgeable, answered all my questions in detail, and wanted the job to be done right. If you have weather-related damage, J. Bowers is the company to call.

Description of Work
I called J. Bowers Construction regarding a water leak of unknown origin that had ruined part of my home office ceiling and one wall.

Category roofing,water damage restoration

Work Completed On 01/12/2017

07/23/2015

Janna B.

Went well, service was done well, they were honest about pricing, availability and knowing what they were doing. A couple other roofing companies were not sure how to work with the corrugated roofing that is on our barn.

Description of Work
Repaired and replaced sections of corrugated roofing, aluminum and clear panels.

Work Completed On 03/31/2015

04/22/2015

Michelle R.

It was never completed. Did not have permits, contractors not registered, neither were the roofers. They could not finish a job in 5 months that should have taken a week. The work they did finish was shoddy.

Description of Work
They were to supposed to put on a roof, shutters, siding, replace window from hail damage. Stain deck, repair fence, trim painting, replace hand rails.

Work Completed On 07/04/2012

06/23/2014

Brenda B.

Everything went perfectly. The job only took two days and they were finished! The crew that came was completely professional and they cleaned up everything, no scraps left inside or out. I will definitely use them again in the future and would highly recommend them to anyone. Excellent service!

Description of Work
They replaced 10 windows and took away the old ones. It was a custom job and they matched the wood to the windows.

Category replacement windows

Work Completed On 11/13/2013

11/17/2013

ellen E.

They board up my house after a fire tore out insulation and flooring I wanted to save my deck so they tried cutting a section but cut main beams ruining it I was also going to save part of my stockade fence and they took it upon there self to do it after being told I had someone to do it and charge me 10 thousand for that they were unfamiliar with zoning rules and cost me 3mo time in the process of rebuilding

Description of Work
J. BOWERS CONSTRUCTION CO

Category home builders

Work Completed On 02/01/2013

05/06/2013

Bruce H.

The weather was horrible, early March. They worked in the cold and the job progressed as scheduled. Totally new porch from footers for the supports to decking, stairs and rails. In addition, they installed vinyl siding, which still looks nice.

Description of Work
J Bowers took down and replaced the entire front porch. They also covered the house with vinyl siding. Everything they did continues to work as it should.

Category decks,roofing,siding

Work Completed On 03/10/2000

10/30/2012

Ed F.

The technicians were great. However the sales person (who has since left the company) was slow to respond and hard to reach. I do not blame J Bowers for that though. However, I feel that someone should have been paying more attention to him, and my job, I was going to have them do all of the re-install, which turned out to be the complete kitchen. But do to the sales person not communicating, I chose another company.

Description of Work
dishwasher slow leak under floor; laminate floor removed underlay removed commercial dehumidifiers installed temp to dry floor.

Category water damage restoration

Work Completed On 08/22/2012

Roofing, complete home remodeling, commercial build outs

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal