ROSEDALE & DRAPALA CPAs

Founded 1984 • With Angi since July 2010

2001 GROVE ST

Wantagh, NY 11793

We have provided personalized small business tax preparation, compliance & advisory services for over 25 years. Our firm which is a member of the Private Practice Division of the AICPA, goes through on site peer review and adheres to the same standards as the largest of CPA firms. Our staff including partners, consists of five CPAs, two paraprofessionals and a secretary. Our fees are generally billed on a fixed fee basis so that clients feel they can call and be provided with a quality service without feeling the meter is always running. Feel free to contact us directly to discuss how our firm can help you take your business to the next level. Staff Profiles: Michael Rosedale, CPA - Partner Edward Drapala, CPA - Partner Patricia Klennert, CPA - Manager Arlene Messinger - Staff Accountant Patrick Bacaris - Staff Accountant...

03/17/2020

max R.

Overall great experience. As someone with multiple income streams who is accustomed to filing online I found their services easy and affordable. I also got to check out the best Beatles collection I've ever seen.

Description of Work
Filing taxes for 2019

05/05/2017

Steven K.

Overall, it went well. I had a curveball with my previous accountant who became very sick and was not able to do my return this year. So I had a couple of other options but turned to Angie's List to see what I could find on the site. I found Rosedale & Drapala which was rated well and it was close to where I lived. I called up and the receptionist put me through to Michael. He said he was stressed (which is understandable given the time of year it was lol) but was nice and willing to work with me to arrange an appointment. We scheduled a time for a few days later on April 11th. I took the day off of work to make sure I got this done, but when I arrived for my scheduled appointment, it looked like they weren't ready for me. Sure enough, they had double-booked so they asked me to come back later that night instead. That was a bit of a bummer but Michael was apologetic and very nice about it though and promised to get me in that night. So I went back that night and got my return taken care of. He's a nice guy who I feel like I could talk to for hours (especially about music), and definitely seemed competent. His office was crazy with papers everywhere so I hoped he kept everything organized and together so nothing got missed, but he seemed to have a method to his madness and got everything done so that is all I can ask for. Again, as I said earlier, he seemed a little more stressed than I would think someone who has been doing this so long would be, but I chalked it up to it being a week to go at the deadline. And even though he said he was stressed, he was still nice the entire time and became clear he knew what he was doing. My return was simple and nothing crazy, but I could tell had it been more complicated, he would still be the right guy to do it. Would I go there again? YES, and I plan to. I thought their cost for a normal return was a bit high ($300 when I'm used to paying $175) but as an Angie's List member, I got $75 off for my first time. But I plan on going back because they seem to be good at what they do. Next time I will try going a little earlier in the season and see how that goes. Well, that's about all.

Description of Work
2016 Tax Return

02/24/2017

Anthony D.

As a small business owner, I am very cautious of who to pick when it comes to finances and accounting. And I am not someone who knows much about taxes and finds them so strange, taxes are like picture yourself in a boat on a river with tangerine trees and marmalade skies, nothing makes sense with them. Michael Rosedale is someone that I am happy to have found. Upon entering the office, you are greeted by a very beautiful lady and the way she looked was beyond compare, and she will usher you into the office of Michael, which is wonderfully decorated in Beatles memorabilia. Michael will greet you with a smile and have you laughing. He doesn’t use the complex accountant jargon where you have no idea what is going on and leave you saying, Help I need someone! Everything is done simply and easily and he will lead you down the long and winding road of the tax process. I am pretty sure that Desmond who has the barrow in the marketplace uses Michael and that is why he was able to buy Molly a 20 carat golden ring. And when you’re done, your taxes will come together, right now. The staff is always available, as if they work eight days a week. If something happens with my taxes and I find myself in times of trouble Mr. Michael comes to me, speaking words of wisdom and we can work it out and he can work it out, afterwards the clouds part and here comes the sun, and I say it’s alright. The knowledge and expertise of Michael in personal and business taxes can help everyone from Eleanor Rigby to the a paperback writer. Tax season is very short and there is no time for fusing and fighting over finding a great account, so do yourself a favor and pick Michael.

Description of Work
Business taxes

02/19/2017

Rose D.

Excellent service and personable. Received a warm welcome from Mr. Rosedale. He did his best with trying to assist my husband and I with receiving a decent tax refund. Mr. Rosedale is honest and willing to give tax advice throughout the year. I would high recommend his services.

Description of Work
Individual tax return

02/18/2017

Luis A.

My accountant passed away so I needed an accountant to do our income taxes asap. I found Mr. Michael Rosedale through Angie's list. I decided to give him a try because of the large amounts of positive reviews. My wife and I made an appointment to see and meet with him in person first. You see, being that we were with our previous accountant for over ten years we were being very cautious. After all you are entrusting your accountant with your personal financial information. So, you have to make sure you find a trustworthy professional. Let me just say all the positive reviews were spot on. Michael was very courteous, friendly, and very welcoming. He made us feel comfortable and did not pressure us into anything. As a matter of fact in the initial meeting, towards the end I was going to hire him on the spot, but my wife wanted to discuss it with me in private first. Michael immediately noticed that and said, "Let your wife think about it and you guys discuss it at home, and when your ready come and see me." Let's just say my wife and I were very impressed with the very easy going no pressure at all mannerism he had... My wife and I do not like to feel pressured into things, you see. After going home that night my wife and I discussed it and we knew he was the right accountant for us. We felt comfortable, at ease and welcomed and that was important to us. We came back the next night and he completed our taxes on the spot. Since it was after 7pm we came back the next day to pick up the copy of our completed forms. Let me tell you, the embossed folder with the gold lettering was very professionally done. My wife and I were impressed with the whole experience and it left us thinking, why didn't we find Michael sooner! We also love the fact that he is available 7 days a week and evenings, which for us is a big plus since we normally get home from work after 6:30pm. He also provides his cell phone number in case we have any questions or need to contact him during the year. Our taxes were itemized and complicated so to the independent contractor work that I do in addition to my regular job. When we needed to see my previous accountant we had to miss a day of work because he was only open Monday through Friday 10am to 4pm... as stated before Michael is available outside of normal business hours. Overall, I would without a doubt, absolutely recommend Michael Rosedale. This is coming from someone who is very picky.

Description of Work
Income taxes

01/21/2017

Stephen S.

They were very helpful. They were very friendly, they seemed knowledgeable, they worked on my taxes, and they did a straight forward job. My taxes are fairly simple. I needed some help with a certified financial planner which is outside their scope and they provided a name of a planner that they worked with and had success with, so they were helpful in directing me on where to go when it was something that they didn't do and didn't pretend to do.

Description of Work
They did my taxes.

02/28/2016

THERESA R.

Excellent. Mike is down to earth and we are happy to have him as our Accountant.

Description of Work
Taxes

07/23/2015

Rosanne M.

My wife and I met with Mike a few weeks ago. We were looking for an accountant who could do more than just file our tax return. In retirement, paying taxes and tax strategies can become more complicated than ever before. We wanted someone we could bounce ideas off, regarding things like RMDs and Roth IRA conversions. I'm positive we found the right person. Mike was very knowledgeable about all aspects of our tax situation and took time to go over everything with us. I believe this is the beginning of a long relationship.

Description of Work
Provide needed advice.

07/08/2015

Sherry M.

Due to a unique tax circumstance I might be facing next year I was looking for some insight on how to proceed. Michael gave me his number and when I got in touch with him he asked several questions to drill down the issue and determine what options I have next year. After reaching out to him he responded quickly and offered advice confidently - I really appreciated that he took the time to discuss my specific circumstances. I felt reassured that when I am ready to file my taxes next year that I will be able to go to someone who can handle my situation correctly and in my best interests.

Description of Work
provide advice on a tax situation

05/02/2015

Colleen O.

Did not return 4 phone calls placed over the course of 2 weeks leading up to tax filing deadline. Wound up having to find new cpa at the last minute and file late. Very unprofessional to not return phone calls.

Description of Work
Tax preparation.

Category accountant

I try my best to provide a professional and personalized service to everyone I meet with. I believe all my other reviews support this fact. You indicated you called my office on various occasions and I am sincerely sorry I never got a chance to speak with you and meet you. I was not even aware that you called my office until I read this review. It appears you reached out to me during the final weeks of tax season. I wish you had called me earlier. I am confident that if we had spoken and met, I would have been able help you. Please feel free to contact me anytime this year. I promise to be more responsive and have advised my office to provide you with my cell number should you call.

Jag Tax Management

JAG Tax Solutions has 35 years in the tax industry. We settle your tax debt for the least possible amount and gets you back on track with the IRS and State so levies and garnishments don't interfere with your life. We're #1 at getting the best resolutions, whether it be back taxes, payroll, non-filed, you name it, we handle it. So stop stressing and call now.

Accountants/Tax Consultants
    # 050128
    New York
    New York
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Check

New Business setup services, S Corporation, Corporation, LLC & Partnership tax preparation, Estate tax planning, individual tax preparation & planning, Quickbooks experts, payroll processing, sales tax preparation, IRS and state representation, small business internet and technology advisors. Excel and Spreadsheet on-site services available on a project by project basis. Financial statement audits, reviews and compilations as required for financing, bonds & other third parties.

We do not service publicly traded companies or any companies that must comply with SEC guidelines. Our firm specializes in tax services for privately held businesses and their owners.