Sloboda Brothers/ American Septic Service

Founded 1964 • With Angi since June 2012

140 St. Elmo Rd

Wallkill, NY 12589

Sloboda Brothers, Inc. dba American Septic Service, a family-owned and operated business, has been serving the Hudson Valley for over 55 years. We have developed a Truly Green Septic Service that will save you money and save the environment at the same time. Would it give you peace of mind knowing that you’re part of the solution and not part of the problem? Give us a call and let us show you how. Lifetime Warranty on Maintenance Packages....

07/13/2021

julie M.

Absolutely the best! I would never use anyone else. I will refer them to all my friends. Thank you for your excellent service.

Description of Work
Septic pumped

Category excavators, septic tank, sewer cleaning

Thank You [Member Name Removed]!

10/29/2020

Pola R.

Came out and spent a lot of time talking us through the process and providing helpful information even though he was too booked to take the job right away.

Description of Work
Investigate sceptic problem

Category septic tank, drain pipe

It is John's pleasure to share some of his vast knowledge with anyone who wants to learn more about septic systems. Thank you for your interest and your review!

10/04/2020

John C.

Very pleased with the service I received. The crew was on time and didn't waste any time getting the job done. They answered my questions and concerns and suggested I call or email the office. John Sloboda called me back and spent a good amount of time discussing the condition of my system and gave me many suggestions on how to keep the system healthy. These people are top notch at what they do and the price was as good as anyone around. I will use them again in the future and highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Needed to have septic tank pumped.

Category drain pipe

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this! We truly appreciate our customers and always strive to give them the best service possible.

04/27/2020

Mike D.

Call them up to have my septic tank pumped on a Monday told me probably could get out there on Friday maybe sooner called me Wednesday morning said they would be out there at 11 if that was OK I said yes everything was ready for them office staff is very polite and great to work with guys where there at 11 o’clock sharp pump tank gave my wife some information to pass on they send a report about your septic tank status which is very helpful To a homeowner I called John many times after Receiving the report answered all of my questions gave Me great advice what to do and what not to do to To prevent problems in the future I would recommend them to anybody Mike from Newburgh

Description of Work
Pump out my septic tank

Category septic tank, drain pipe

06/26/2019

linda H.

Just bought a 100 year old house and even though septic was checked prior to closing, we started immediately having issues with the line to the tank. Called Sloboda Brothers in the morning and got a call back from John as soon as he finished working. He spent a generous amount of time explaining all of the various possibilities, and suggested I do a die test prior to his arrival in the hopes that the issues is caused by a small but constant leak from one of the toilets. Keeping fingers crossed that's the case, but in any event I cannot imagine most people taking time to explain the process so thoughtfully. Very honest and helpful!

Description of Work
Septic line

Category plumbing, septic tank

03/20/2019

Russ W.

We are selling our house in Orange County, NY. The prospective buyers had our septic system inspected and had some issues. I wanted to clarify their questions so based on Angie's List reviews, I chose to call Sloboda Brothers. John Sloboda called me back within an hour of me leaving a message. We had a great discussion. He completely understood the issues and offered some excellent suggestions on how to proceed. Where we go from here depends on what the current buyers decide to do. If any additional inspection or repair work is needed, I will definitely call this company first. I especially appreciated his willingness to discuss my issue in detail without expecting any payment.

Description of Work
Septic tank inspection consultation

11/15/2018

Frances T.

Professional, punctual, and knowledgeable. Would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Septic cleaning

11/15/2018

Frances T.

Excellent company to do business with. Customer service was great. Called to schedule an appointment and was pleased it was within a couple of days. I received a call that day letting me know what time they were arriving and they showed up right on time. Extremely professional and knowledgeable! They explained the whole process. I also had a new cap installed. The following day I also received a complete report detailing the job they did and even included photos. I would definitely recommend this company,

Description of Work
Septic cleaning

10/26/2018

Elizabeth E.

I called up a few companies regarding an issue with a funky smell in my bathroom. The only company to get back to me that same day was Sloboda Brothers. John took the time to listen to my issue and he gave me a list of things to check before committing to an appointment. After inspecting the bathroom closer, it turned out the issue is unrelated to the septic, which saved me time, hassle, and money. It was so refreshing that he helped out free of charge and explained everything to a complete novice. I'll be using Sloboda Brothers next time I need my tank serviced. I definitely recommend John and his team for any septic service!

Description of Work
Septic Advice

09/19/2018

Rafael C.

VERY WELL THEY CAME AND ASK ME BOUT THE PROBLEM I SAY SEPTIC IS BACKING UP AND THEY STAR TO WORK RIGHT WAY AND FIX IT WILL CALL THEN AGAIN 100% LOVE YOU GUY.

Description of Work
SEPTIC TANK CLEAN

07/31/2018

Rick O.

I was very impressed with John Sloboda upon our first meeting. He took the time to educate me on the workings of a septic system, (in layman's terms, of course). His knowledge, expertise and experience gave me peace of mind, knowing the job would be done right.....and it was! John also uncovered a problem left by the original installer. I highly recommend him and his team!

Description of Work
1500 gal septic tank added to system

06/07/2018

Susana K.

I called John to get a quote for a cover for an old cistern hole and he was extremely helpful and honest. He suggested that I would be better served by a concrete manufacturer and that I could save money that way. He could have easily taken the job for himself and I would have had to pay more. Thanks, John!

Description of Work
called for a quote

05/28/2018

Cherryl A.

He came out to see what he could do and it cost $1000 (originally $1500). He said to be able to know anything, he would have to dig and do some research and discovery. After 2 days, there were no repairs made, no recommendations on how to fix the problem (other than for a new system). He did nothing of value. He walked around the property, perplexed by what was occurring and offering no soultion. For this and pumping our tanks it cost an additional $5600+

Description of Work
Repair Septic; Give other possible solutions

Category septic tank

We received a phone call from the customer that they had 2 tanks that needed to be pumped. They had recently bought the house and told us they knew that the system was bad when they purchased it, but they didn't know how bad. They also didn't know where anything was or what needed to be fixed. We advised them that they should wait to pump it, because if the system could be repaired or replaced, they would be paying to pump it twice. They agreed to have us excavate to find out the components of the system- where they were, what they were, and the condition of them and do any repairs that would help. We spent 3 days there uncovering more and more parts to the system. Each part was poorly constructed and or fixed and each part we found was flooded and needed to be pumped. As we pumped the tanks and pump pits, they would fill back up. The drywells filled up again overnight. We cleared a blockage in a line caused by a check valve that was stuck shut. And we discovered the main problem that needed to be addressed immediately. It was groundwater. The groundwater needed to be re-directed away from the system or it would keep flooding and backing up. Unfortunately, in that town, and because of the house's proximity to a lake, an engineer's plan is required to fix that situation. We couldn't do it. If there was anything we could have legally done to ease the water away from the system, or any repair of the faulty workmanship that would have helped buy them time, we would have. We felt sorry for this new home buyer and cut our cost as much as we could. (It was $6,255.00 instead of $8,000.00) We cannot stress enough that a home buyer should always have the septic system inspected and know where each component is before purchasing.

04/17/2018

Frank Z.

John was very professional. Showed up on time for the estimate and the job. I had a very old metal septic tank that needed to be replaced. He replaced it with a truly green 1000 gallon tank. We encountered several problems (the ground has a very high water level, the pipe leading to the leach field was sloping in the wrong direction, and the fence company put a post with concrete right through the pipe leading to the leach field), and John addressed them all very professionally. Because of the issues we encountered, the job took three days. So far everything seems to be working as expected.

Description of Work
Replaced old septic tank

03/13/2018

Sean D.

Excellent. The report generated by the work provided identified issues that might eventually have caused system failure. Thankfully, they were able to advise with great detail about the options available to me. We were unable to go with a larger fix, but they didn't get hostile about that (like some companies might) but instead offered a cost effective way to prolong the life of the tank until we could invest in a more long-term solution.

Description of Work
Septic Pumping

02/18/2018

James B.

Mr. Sloboda called prior to his arrival. He arrived early. He explained in detail various options for installation of a new septic tank. He also described requirements if a new leach field must be installed. Because the septic tank location is obscure, Mr. Sloboda recommended the name of a septic tank location company.

Description of Work
New septic tank.

01/16/2018

Judy D.

Problem was fixed and they repeated checked to make sure. Great company!

Description of Work
American Septic is the best! I had a backup in my septic Christmas day. I called them the next day and they came right out. Mr. Slobada fixed the backup and checked back several times that day to make sure everything was working. The entire family are lovely and professional. I won't use any other company.

11/15/2017

Marcia S.

John and team are real professionals. They communicated with me every step of the way He made the repair in the most economical way possible. We don't need Angie's list for septic service. We wouldn't use anyone else but John.

Description of Work
John installed my original (still in use) septic system on a lake more than 25 years ago. Recently we needed some repair work to keep the system working properly.

09/13/2017

Karen D.

Great service, I will definitely hire him when I need services in the future.

Description of Work
Had questions regarding inspection of a septic system on a house we were purchasing. John was unable to come and perform the inspection because he was booked up when we needed him however he promptly returned my call and gave me great detail of what to look for, signs of a deteriorating tank, etc. He was so helpful and took a lot of time answering my questions.

08/31/2017

Susan L.

Would highly recommend talking to John

Description of Work
John was the original installer for a septic on a house I was going to potentially buy. He didn't have to help me at all but he was literally amazing. He talked to me about the property, the septic, options to move forward. He was really wonderful and knowledgeable.

04/26/2017

Jessica R.

Great team, John was very pleasant as were the women on the phone who scheduled and the team that came out to pump.

Description of Work
Routine Septic Pump

04/19/2017

Beth R.

The work went well and I have had no problems with my system. However, with that being said, I would not hire them again, nor would I recommend them and here is why. After doing a lot of research over the years (which I should have done before hiring them), I have come to find out that what they did for me was "overkill" (way more than my situation needed) and their prices are extremely high (compared to other local companies). I feel as though they took advantage of me and now know that they basically did. PLEASE if doing business with this company do your "due diligence" and get more than 1 estimate!!

Description of Work
Septic Tank replaced.

Category excavators, septic tank

The job was completed in 2004- not 2017! Since you state that you have not had any problems in the 13 years since we did the work, we find this review to be very unfair.

03/10/2017

John C.

Great. They were very nice, conscientious and were able to perform service when I was out of town. Sent photos and full report

Description of Work
Cleaned septic tank

10/26/2016

Art K.

It went very well and I would hire them again. They were prompt. efficient and the price was reasonable.

Description of Work
Cleaned out my septic tank.

09/26/2016

Matthew G.

Unfortunately the owner no longer installs new systems, however if he did I'd higher him just from the phone conversation. Very knowledgeable, 50 years experience, professional and polite. I was educated on septic systems having never had one before. Their number is definitely being saved in my contacts.

Description of Work
Septic, New Install

In and Out Excavation LLC

Here at In and Out Excavation, we can do anything from land clearing, rock hammering, septic work, grading, pool and foundation digs, Drainage services, and much more. Please call with questions on other services!

JSP Plumbing & Heating, Inc.

At JSP Home Services, their Kingston plumbers and HVAC technicians are dedicated to providing excellent customer service and will get the job done right the first time. They have over 50 years of combined experience helping individuals with matters such as bursting pipes, leaking toilets, backed sewage, broken HVAC systems, and more. They understand that emergencies can happen at any time, which is why they’re available 24/7. The Better Business Bureau gave JSP Home Services an A+ rating, while Home Advisor named them as an “Elite Service.” They can work on any make or model and have an indoor air quality specialist on their team. Call (845) 250-6470 to learn how their Kingston plumbers and technicians can help your home or business.

D Rohde Heating, Plumbing and AC

D. Rohde Heating, Plumbing and AC LLC is a fully insured Heating Service company that provides affordable top quality services to the Hudson Valley, including parts of Ulster, Dutchess, and Orange Counties. This family owned company has decades of experience and will always arrive at your home with a smile and with all of the tools and knowledge necessary to take care of any plumbing and heating problem, big or small. We have no minimal trip charge and our pricing is designed to protect the consumer from being taken advantage of. We are there when you need us and will take care of your needs in the quickest, cleanest, and most professional way possible.

Offers by D Rohde Heating, Plumbing and AC on Angi

3A-391, 084, 124, 1245
    NYS, Ulster, Westchester, Putnam
    DEC, DOH
    04/14/2021
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Financing Available

Septic tank pump outs, septic system repairs and replacements (tanks, inlet and outlet pipes, junction boxes, seepage pits), riser pipe and lid installation, no dig leach field cleaning (a truly green process), sewer and grease trap pump outs, and septic inspections.