North Coast Construction

Founded 2006 • With Angi since December 2009

7096 Dryer Rd

Victor, NY 14564

Additional contact: Ed Povero.

03/20/2017

carlos S.

I guess this was a misunderstood. I did pay for works to be done in my house. Although the contractor kindly told me they do not perform such works (drainage needs), I did pay for the services throughout Angies list, I saw my money going off from my account & so far (more than a month) I have not receive a reimbursement from the company nor Angies list. The description is not clear & maybe tricky I' say. Be careful!! Hope I can get my money back soon.

Description of Work
Connect gutter downspot & make a Drainage in backyard.

Category remodeling

[Member Name Removed], I informed Angie's List to back charge my account to reimburse your expense. Please call me at 755-7022 to confirm.

08/10/2015

ANN S.

They were very professional, always showed up when they said they would and did a great job!

Description of Work
Vinyl siding, drainage, front stoop and walkway.

Category plumbing, remodeling, siding

05/05/2015

laura P.

They were close, and he said they could do it fast. The experience was great, and perfect.

Description of Work
I did use them for basement remodelling, they put in an Egress window.

Category egress windows, basement remodeling

02/25/2015

Frederick B.

Jim was very nice to work with. He appeared very knowledgable and professional. He did come by for a few hours one day to survey our property and talk to us to get a feel for what we wanted done. At the time we were new home owners that bought a fixer-upper, but we had a limited budget and needed to prioritize what work we could afford to complete. His business is large enough that he goes by word of mouth alone and does not need to advertise. That says a lot. I would have like to have used him. However, in my opinion he seemed skittish about taking on a client like me that only had "small potatoes" to offer him. We had a very limited budget and wanted someone who would pay attention to detail and care about the little things, even in small work. He stopped responding to phone calls and emails and ultimately it was determined he just wasn't interested in a client like me. I am not able to comment on his work as he was not hired to do anything.

Description of Work
We had North Coast on-site to price up some minor work, and see about setting up a relationship for long-term major work that would be needed in the future. We ended up not hiring him to do any work based on price and responsiveness.

12/24/2014

Pamela F.

GREAT! He saved us thousands of dollars.

Description of Work
He repaired a section of roof, advising us to try that first, to stop a leak rather than doing an entire roof tear-off and new roof. He was right and we were very happy!

Category remodeling, roofing

11/03/2014

Raymond B.

This company was responsive and professional. I am sure they would have done a good job had I selected them.

Description of Work
I did not have this provider do the work. His estimate for installing an egress window in my basement was $4700. I was able to find another contractor that did the work for just under $4000.

Category egress windows, siding, replacement windows

05/08/2014

Richard L.

We initially had them come out for an estimate on our roof. They were the only company of the three other estimates that said the roof could be repaired instead of having to replace the entire roof. I felt that their price was fair. We worked together in discovering how to go about each step of the process. We dealt directly with the owner, Jim. They appear to be a family owned company. They completed the work in about one week. He brought in a couple of workers to complete the roof and a specialist in carpentry. I purchased the large window, had it delivered, and they installed it. One side of the porch is almost all glass windows with a sliding glass door. They built a wall on the West side and installed a window in the wall. They put siding on the outside and insulation in the walls. Before, they enclosed the porch, we could barely use it in the winter and now we have plants out there that have survived. Jim was easily reachable by phone whenever I needed to get into communication with him. They did a good job with the project and we are pleased with the work that they did.

Description of Work
They enclosed an open back porch. They installed windows, insulation, and also completed other repairs on our shingle-roof.

Category insulation, roofing, replacement windows, sunrooms

05/05/2014

Natasha T.

We have used North Coast before and would recommend them again. Main person on our job was Ed Povero. When an issue arises, Ed can offer up solutions that look good and function well. Great attention to detail. While it always feels like a reno project takes longer than you want it to, we felt like Ed always tried to leave us with working appliances/temporary sink set-up for as long as possible. This will probably not be your lowest quote, but their work is excellent.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel. Took kitchen down to studs. Moved and expanded entrance to dining room. Installed new cabinets, flooring, and new lights. Cost above does not include cost of kitchen cabinets, countertop, and tiles.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, electrician, lighting, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

04/13/2014

William M.

Came for estimate never got back to us.

Description of Work
nothing

02/25/2014

Frances C.

Job well done. No problems; no complaints. Satisfied customer.

Description of Work
Re-seal driveway

01/13/2014

Jill T.

North Coast Construction does a great job. I would recommend them for any construction job you might have. I'm not sure of the cost of service, since it was over a year ago. I do remember it was reasonable compared to other contractors.

Description of Work
Replaced ceiling and drywall in livingroom

08/31/2013

Allan K.

They were very busy so it took a few weeks to get a quote. The quote was complete but about 3000 more than the competing quote that we ultimately selected. We ultimately had Lowes do the demolition, plumbing, electric, and installation of everything but the flooring. The flooring was was installed by Messner.

Description of Work
I asked North Coast for a quote on my kitchen remodel.

08/28/2013

David N.

The man who came out seemed really good and knowledgeable. I have friends who have worked with him that was why I called him but unfortunately, he was really busy so I did not end up going with them.

Description of Work
I got an estimate from North Coast Construction for building a deck.

Category decks

08/27/2013

Patrick S.

While it took months to work our all the details, order the windows and schedule the work, when the time came to complete the project the team from North Coast was efficient and did good work. The team, Chris Corbett assisted by Tyler Corbett, was very professional, easy to talk to and careful to explain their work as they tore out our 60-year-old wooden windows and replaced them with PlyGem sliding windows. The project took almost a week to finish, and while I was surprised by how long it took I soon realized the amount of work involved. Everything was cleaned up nicely and all the waste taken away. The windows look great and we are very happy with the work.

Description of Work
Replaced all the windows in the living areas of our house

08/12/2013

Carl T.

They are outstanding. They did a magnificant job.

Description of Work
Did some drywall work for us in several rooms.

Category drywall

06/25/2013

Barbara V.

They did an excellent job. I got lots of very positive comments from other people who have seen it. The construction quality looks great and pretty solid.

Description of Work
I hired North Coast Construction to build a deck for me.

Category decks

06/02/2013

Noelle O.

Jim at North Coast Construction was very professional and took the time to explain in detail the work to be done prior to purchasing any materials in order to ensure that I understood the process. On the day of installation, North Coast Construction arrived on time and did a wonderful job installing the flooring. They did all the prep work and clean up work and the new floor looks great!

Description of Work
North Coast construction was hired to install laminate flooring in the entrance room of my house.

04/25/2013

Scott O.

North Coast Construction gave me some ideas on what would look good or what would not look good. They were easy to work with. They were very prompt and they did a great job.

Description of Work
North Coast Construction remodeled two bathrooms, some electrical, plumbing and air conditioning units. They replaced the bathtub, sink and the shower.

Category electrician, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

04/10/2013

john L.

Jim came out and gave me an estimate, which they maintained. He and his son were very professional and punctual. It required several trips to get the drywall finish just right, and I was very pleased with the work. I would definitely use Jim and Dan again, and I highly recommend their services.

Description of Work
The job was to frame in the opening above the fireplace and mount a flat screen TV. This was not a large job, but it needed to be done very well since it was the focal point of the room.

03/25/2013

Douglas C.

For the tub, they carried it from the garage and were very careful of our home. They inspected the basement location fornew plumbing installation and checked that everything would work properly. They were careful and attentive to the work quality. They tested the plumbing for leaks. Without asking, they took away the wood packing material so we didn't have to deal with it. My spouse was very pleased, which is challenging to do. For the custom copper range hood they examined the existing duct work, spoke with the vendor, and determined that new larger duct would need to be installed for the hood to work properly. In both cases they were very thorough and professional- I felt they knew what they were doing and this was not an experiment for them.. They kept the promised schedule and completed the work on time as promised.

Description of Work
This was the second time we've used North Coast. This time they installed a slipper shaped cast iron clawfoot tub and the plumbing underneath. In a previous engagement they installed a custom copper range hood.

02/09/2013

Dale W.

The remodeling project went very well. Jim Ludwig of North Coast Construction was our contractor. We wanted to gut our family room and redo it. but we didn't know where to begin. Jim gave us some excellent ideas and advice, which we implemented. He proposed removing the paneling, resurfacing the brick fireplace with cultured stone, installing a flat screen TV above the fireplace with wires hidden, installing recessed lights and additional lights and switches, adding crown molding, updating the flooring, and provided suggestions on room arrangement. He explained each step, was patient with our indecision, and flexible with our changes along the way. Jim did a lot of the work himself and was on site for much of each day. His crew arrived at 8:00am and put it a full day. They were friendly, polite, and conscientious. They cleaned up after themselves at the end of each day. Jim coordinated all aspects of the job smoothly (drywall, electrical, gas lines, cultured stone, plumbing, tile, etc.). He was accessible, returning calls or messages quickly. Above all, he took great pride in his work. No detail escaped his attention. We have recommended him to friends and would call him again for a project in the future.

Description of Work
Family Room Remodeling Project

Category drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, handyman service, hardwood floor, lighting, masonry, plumbing, remodeling, interior painters

11/02/2012

Paul C.

The work was done more or less on time - all the agreed on deadlines were met (which included a wedding) and were done in highest quality in finishing. My only regret on the project was that, on the architect's advice, this contractor did not do the interior finish work on the addition: his finish work was much finer than the general contractor's work who was more concerned - understandably - with the reinforcing bars in the 11' retaining walls he was responsible for. My only warning to anyone considering this contractor: when he did the work for us he was very much in demand - therefore book this contractor well in advance. I had no complaints at all with the work or workmen - the only complaint on the whole project was the neighbor who complained to the sheriff that one of the carpenters on the job was singing along with his Ipad while doing boring work e.g. hanging wall board and taping joints. The deputy was stumped about what to do about the complaint but decided as the carpenter was only singing during normal working ours he would take no action. (I did agree that the carpenter couldnt carry a tune in a covered basket.) While on another job bettween the stages of our project, the carpenter's Ipad was stolen, so I gave him another Ipad. There were several instances when the work was held up awaiting materials and some material that was delivered was unsatisfactory and required replacement. Therefore a strongly urge anyone considering a renovation project to allow for unanticpated delays caused by damaged materials.

Description of Work
The work done by this contractor was the renovation portion of a longer addition/renovation project that was done in stages over several years so we could continue to live in our residence and was done to plans prepared by & under the supervision of an architect . This contractor did the renovation of 3 bathrooms and a large bedroom - the work included new windows, a new skylight, plumbing, wallboard and floors and in some cases new framing and two flights of outdoor stairs.

Category closet systems, countertops, decks, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, gutter repair, hardwood floor, insulation, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, replacement windows, skylights, woodworking, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, doors

10/16/2012

laura P.

The egress window was installed as a result of the sale of our house. We had a very tight time frame and Jim accommodated us completely. He called when he said he would call and he completed the work on the day that he said he would. He did excellent work and met all of the regulations and finished the work with no issues or problems. We would highly recommend North Coast Construction and have never had a satisfied experience with a contractor.

Description of Work
We had a basement egress window installed as a result of the sale of our house.

Category egress windows, excavators, masonry, remodeling

09/13/2012

Guy A.

We bought this house planning to do the main service described above. Our schedule was very tight. We had an architect make the drawings ahead of time and were looking to get things started in June and done in a few months. Jim and Ed were one of five contractors we talked with. They were quick to respond, came to see the place, asked sensible questions and understood perfectly what we were looking for. Their offer was on the mark price-wise and they committed to meeting our schedule. They started working almost the next day. They had the house to themselves for two weeks and then we moved in too. Jim, Ed and their three younger workers worked their tails off every day for the next two months to get things done in time. This projects required not only the professional skills that North Coast had to offer but a lot of problem solving and creativity as the project proceeded. For example, in one of the bathrooms we wanted to replace the vanity without remodeling the rest of the bathroom. However after removing the old vanity we learned that there were no tiles underneath. It was impossible to find matching tiles. It was amazing to see how hard Jim worked to look for different alternatives in a way that it won't delay the project and still look great. At no point in time they tried to convince us to changed the whole bathroom floor (which would be easier and more profitable for them). Throughout the whole project we were involved in the decision making process without being overwhelmed with details. They were always professional, clean and courteous. They would lay out any options and were always ready to listen to our concerns and needs. The team was extremely trustworthy, they took great care of our stuff and notified us whenever there was any problem. It was very nice to have the same people coming here everyday. We got to know them and felt very comfortable with them (which we do not take for granted with three young kids around). We could not be more happy with their work. Ed is a master carpenter, plumber and all around problem solver, Jim is a very talented contractor, he has very good advice about colors, aesthetics and functionality and very well connected in terms of suppliers. Their entire team takes very justified pride in their work. As the job progressed, we felt confident enough to do the additional scope of work described above (windows and bathrooms). Their offer on this was also excellent. They took one more month to finish this too, and we are delighted with the way it turned out. We would recommend North Coast construction for all our friends and would definitely call them for any job in the future.

Description of Work
The main service was demolishing and redoing half of our first floor (size of area redone was over 1000 sq ft). This included new kitchen (demolition of a formal dining room and turning it into an open-space style kitchen, installation of kitchen cabinet, electrical work, plumbing, framing etc.), dining room , family room (removing wood-panels from the wall, installing new dry-walls, painting and removing carpet), pantry, adding half bath and mudroom, relocating the entrance from the garage and adding a laundry room upstairs. We then added a full bathroom in the basement, replaced about ten windows (two large picture frames), and redid the master bathroom. Because of the condition of the house, the work included replacing almost all the plumbing in the house, adding an electric panel and improving the insulation.

Category remodeling, replacement windows, home remodeling, basement remodeling

08/27/2012

cynthia P.

Fantastic on all counts! Expert workmanship, great communication, timely completion and all at the price they quoted. This is a construction company with integrity. There were no surprises. Everyone was great to work with. I was extremely impressed from my very first contact with Jim Ludwig. He is great at communicating every step of the way and was always available if I had a question. I had estimates from other companies but chose North Coast because I was impressed with their professionalism, they had the best price, and they had great reviews already on Angie's list. I will definitely use North Coast on my next projects and have been recommending them to friends since my good experience. Funny thing.....I was remiss in waiting so long to add this review when, oddly enough it was their timely ways that impressed me the most.

Description of Work
I needed a new detached 2-car (20'x20') garage after a large tree fell on my original garage. The job required demolition and removal of the damaged garage, then a complete rebuild that included concrete work to repair the foundation and floor. Jim and Ed worked with me to get the garage built within the insurance allotment. For example, we were able to reuse the garage door. They also made a great suggestion to add attic storage with a pull down staircase and that only added a small additional charge.The end result is that I'm very happy with my new garage! See the attached pic.

Category electrician, picture framing, garage doors, gutter repair, masonry, remodeling, roofing, siding, replacement windows, garage builders, storage units, doors