Kaminsky, Dr Stuart N

Dentistry - General
Dentistry - Cosmetic
Dentistry - Root Canals/Endodontics
Dentistry - Dentures/Prosthodontics

Stuart N Kaminsky, DDS, PLLC in Syosset, New York, is a dental office that has been providing professional, expert dental care to patients since 1980. With more than 30 years of experience, Dr. Kaminsky offers all phases of family dental procedures with an emphasis on preventive care, root canal therapy, restorative rehabilitation on your own teeth and on implants, as well as cosmetic improvment. Our staff would like to welcome you to our family of valued patients. Please feel free to call for an appointment today!...

Steinberg Dr Matthew S

We strive to make your visit comfortable. Children are welcome. Most insurance plans are accepted and we work with your insurance plan to maximize benefits. Payment plans are available. We offer hours every other Saturday. We employ four people. www.agd.org, www.ada.org, www.njda.org, www.leddental.com.

10/31/2017

It went great. My wife &I have been going to Dr. Kaminsky for over 15 years. He is thorough, explains what he will need to do. Is clear about test and is gentle and caring. Always polite.

Description of Work
Dr. Kaminsky repaired broken filling but he has done numerous dental work over the years for my wife and I.

10/09/2017

Though in a very small office, the doctor does his own cleaning on patients. Very thorough and gentle.

Description of Work
Dental cleaning and check up.

Category dentists

Thank you [Member Name Removed] it was very nice meeting you.

01/18/2016

All was good...he does a great job with the cleaning. The Dr. does it himself. The office is VERY small but that does not seem to affect the quality of the office.

Description of Work
Regular dental check-up

01/25/2015

Very nice receptionist and dentist. Office space is a little outdated and drab but service was great.

Description of Work
Cleaning and checkup.

07/03/2013

Had work done by a previous dentist that I had lost all faith in. He had performed root canal on a tooth that acted as a seat for my lower partial. After fitting the tooth with a crown the partial no longer fit. This dentist did not want to work on fitting my partial as evidenced by making me wait in his chair for 57 minutes while he treated two other patients. I would probably still be sitting th...

Description of Work
Would not make an appointment.

05/23/2013

Dr. Kaminsky was WONDERFUL!!! I have been looking for a doctor like him for a LONG time! I love doctors that will take the time to talk to you, and explain what they are doing and why- and he is the definition of this type of doctor! I also love that he takes the time to answer your questions so patiently and thoroughly. He is SUPER gentle! and his staff is amazing! I can't wait until my next appointment!

Description of Work
I wanted to make sure my gums were healthy, and my teeth were in great shape! I have been looking for a dentist for a long time.

08/27/2012

From start to finish I was thoroughly pleased. It turned out I had a large tartar build up from the length of time I'd last received a cleaning, and this was irritating my gums. Nevertheless, the doctor covered all bases and took digital x rays to rule out any other problems. He went over and explained everything he was doing as he examined me, which I appreciated (dentists rarely do that), and was not condescending in the slightest. A particularly notable aspect of the visit involved how I required a cleaning, and Dr. Kaminsky explained that he does all hygienic cleanings personally himself. At first I was a little taken aback by this, as this is rare. I thought to myself it might be due to the economic times, and necessary staff downsizing, but the cleaning I got from him the following week was the probably the best I'd ever had. I'm not sure exactly what he did, but it was a thorough and extensively careful cleaning. It was a cleaning done as it should be done. Once I got home, I noticed that there was some stubborn coffee stain on some back teeth (that the doctor had noted to me) that did not come off with the initial cleaning. I called up to inquire if the doctor could correct this minor issue with some more abrasive pumice, and he did so the next day without charge. All in all, this was an excellent experience, and I am definitely not only coming back to Dr. Kaminsky, but am referring my wife to him as well. Friendly and helpful office staff, too. His reputation is well-deserved. The office is run very well, and they call and give you multiple reminders about your appointments. My only caveat: God help you if you don't confirm.

Description of Work
Needed an emergency appointment for some intense pain I was experiencing on the lower jaw line. Recently moved to the area, but hadn't had check-up in a while, and was concerned there was something wrong. The office made availability for me the very same day and was exceptionally accommodating, despite the doctor's busy schedule. Dr. Kaminsky runs a tight ship in his office, and is thoroughly professional in every way, including, and particularly, regarding punctuality for his appointments. I was unfortunately fifteen minutes late to my appointment due to an unforeseen toddler tantrum at home. They got me in the dental chair immediately, and within minutes Dr. Kaminsky appeared. A husky man with a beard who looked like a cross between what could have been Santa Claus without the costume, or a friendly grizzly bear says, "Hello, I'm Dr. Kaminsky (shakes my hand)...you're late." He said it half serious/half jokingly, but it immediately set the tone for his no-nonsense approach, which I admired. I told him what happened, and he was understanding. He took time examining my mouth and seeing what the problem was, and did not rush me in the slightest.

04/19/2012

Appointment was easy to make. Had an opening which was good for my schedule. Office conveniently located in a medium sized medical building. Easy to find with ample parking. Waiting area was somewhat small, but for a guy in solo practice was adequate. I was not looking for a spa, was looking for a good local dentist! Office staff very nice as was the assistant and dentist. Dentist was not rushed, explained everything completely and was very patient. Dentist was involved in all areas of care including the dental cleaning. As I had not been to a dentist for a number of years, x-rays were needed. They were done and interpreted immediately. Was able to replace an old filling, plus an additional cavity was filled. Office handled the insurance forms. Set up a follow up appointment. Now I have a good local dentist!

Description of Work
Was looking for a new dentist. Had not been to a dentist since high school (25 years ago!). Had an old filling that needed repair. Looked for a local dentist, checked Angie's list as well as surfed the net. Found Dr Kaminsky and set up an appointment.

04/04/2012

I had been going to a very good dentist for 35 years. Sadly, he passed away about a year ago. The idea of going to a new dentist was upsetting to say the least. I have always been "dentist shy" and would cringe even when I heard the drill being used on someone else. I was recommended to Dr. Kaminsky by the office manager in my primary doctor's office. I called and made an appointment with some apprehension. However, after being treated by Dr. Kaminsky for just the removal of the cracked cap, I actually chose to remain in the chair and have all the work done at one time. He is what I can honestly say is a "painless dentist". With just two perfectly placed injections (which he numbed me for) I FELT NOTHING - not even a twinge. And, last but not least, I had very minimal discomfort the next day despite all the work that was done. I cannot say enough good things about him and recommend him to everyone. He takes time to explain what he is doing and why. He has a very gentle touch. He is a wonderful dentist. Thanks to Dr. Kaminsky, I am no longer "dentist shy". My husband and I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Kaminsky.

Description of Work
I had a broken cap on a lower left rear molar, a gumline cavity in aother lower left molar and a loose large filling in an uppoer left molar. Husband had a loose filling and a cleaning.

03/16/2012

He was fantastic and gentle. My kids also love him!

Description of Work
I used them for dental care and advice.

Category dentistry

Dental exams, digital x-rays, cleanings, dental consultations, tooth colored fillings, teeth whitening (bleaching), root canal therapy, crowns, porcelain veneers, bridges, dentures & implant.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available