Zalooms Auto Repair

Founded 1985 • With Angi since September 2007

2041 Victory Blvd

Staten Island, NY 10314

The Zaloom Family has been servicing Staten Islanders for over 65 years. My Son Mike and Son-In-Law Christopher work hard to continue that legacy. We have an unequaled 2year/24month Limited Warrenty on parts and labor and always treats our customers Royally. We repair/Maint most makes and models and specialize in electrical and "Check Engine Light" Diagnostics. Our prices are cometative which allow us to pay a fair wage incl health ins SO thats a WIN WIN for all. Announcing our second location at 2041 Victory Boulevard between Bradley and Jewett. Stop in today 718 273 7181...

08/12/2021

Sherries T.

Omg I was a bit nervous going into Zaloomie, however all that nervousness went out the door when I was welcomed into the office. I sat there not knowing what was the problem, then they raised my car and within 5 mins they saw what the problem was. My engine mount broke. I was so scared because I thought I messed up the transmission , then I Google what the rumbling sound was and they said maybe there is debris in the rotor . When I saw the engine mount snapped in 2 immediately I said to myself omg this is gonna cost an arm and a leg. I was so surprised at what it came up to I felt such a big relief. They didn't have the size for my wiper blades so I left and got it at autozone came back and within 5 minutes blades, filter and bulbs was changed free of charged. I am soooooo grateful for Zaloomie they have gained a customer for life. I am definitely recommending all of my friends near and far to take a trip over the bridge it is worth it. From their professionalism to the work environment and the quality of work they provide in such a timely manner my car was fixed within 3 hours or less. Zaloomie's from the bottom of my heart I thank you.

Description of Work
Front Rotors, Brakes, Engine Mount, Wiper Blades, Air Filter, Both Headlight Bulbs

11/21/2018

James S.

Brought the car in for ny state inspection and a slow leaking right rear tire left the car went home,recieved a call car needed tire rotation I gave the ok over the phone, they called car was done went back to pick up the car proceeded to pay and was told inspection and tire rotation was completed, I asked what about the air leak in the right rear tire and was told they did not get to it and keep an eye on the tire and bring it back when the tire was going low a couple of days later I checked the tires with a gauge and the right rear tire was leaking, so they could not have performed the tire rotation and charged me $119 dollars. Brought the car back was told sorry they forgot to do the rotation. Not acceptable will never use this service station again.

Description of Work
ny state inspection and slow leak right rear tire

Category auto repair, car tires, car inspections

06/26/2017

Elizabeth D.

I love them. They are great.I would absolutely used them again.

Description of Work
I used them sometime last year, maybe December of 2016 or January of 2017. I think that time they repaired something. My car is not in great shape.

02/15/2017

Barbara L.

They are expensive but they are very good. In fact the local newspaper just recently had an article on them saying they are the best in Staten Island. They're not cheap but they stand behind what they do. I use them all the time. They give a 2 year warranty.

Description of Work
I got a new battery, because the car wasn't starting, and an oil change and filter.

05/18/2016

Tammi P.

Description of Work
Inspection & oil change

Category auto repair, car inspections

04/19/2016

John G.

Category auto repair

Thanks you [Member Name Removed] and all our Angie Customers for trusting us with your 2nd biggest investment. "We strive to take the stress out of Auto Repair" George Z.

01/20/2016

Christopher G.

Description of Work

Category auto repair, car tires

11/12/2015

Carlos V.

They referred me to and alarm specialist and they gave me a diagnostics report. Very responsive with my questions ans very professional. I highly recommend. They know what they are doing and know how to deal with the issues.

Description of Work
Needed help with my BMW that kept dying due to a faulty alarm. They were able to fix and consult me with next steps. Very professional! I also got an oil change.

09/28/2015

TYRONE S.

Cant Say how happy I am with Zalooms, The store manager Ed is a GEM!!!!!!!!! he explains everything soup to nuts, and tells you why. Educating the customer for me is huge since I'm in the service industry. Im never going anywhere else..... GOD BLESS ZALOOMS!!!

Description of Work
They took my wife's 2002 Acura MDX and they replaced pretty much everything. BROUGHT IT BACK TO LIFE

08/12/2015

Nancy C.

The fan for the climate control in our 2002 Mini Cooper stopped working. We brought it in to Zalooms, and they traced the problem to a crimped wire and a faulty connector. Now, $400 may seem like a lot for that, but the usual diagnosis would be that the fan is shot...and that repair would be about $1,000 in parts and labor. So by taking some extra time and correctly diagnosing what was wrong, the shop saved me $600. And they did this in one day--no keeping the car for a week and leaving me without a vehicle. Great customer service and excellent mechanics.

Description of Work
Fixed problem with A/C system in 2002 Mini Cooper

07/15/2015

Jeanne M. P.

I had another mechanic look at my vehicle after having to have it towed from NJ. The mechanic could not identify the problem after having it a number of days and said since the car had 166,000 miles on it, it also was showing that it had numerous other problems such as a code for 2nd and 3rd gear not working indicating I may also need a rebuilt transmission. The repair costs were adding up. I decided to take it to Zalloom's for a second opinion, and so happy I did! Ed the Service Manager was a total gent and explained exactly what he was to do to locate the problem. His interest in wanting to get to the bottom of this problem was outstanding. To my surprise he hit the nail on the head and repaired the problem and found that my transmission was just fine! Went to pick it up, and heard a noise I never heard before. His techs immediately came out to the car and discovered my drive belt tensioner and engine belt needed to be replaced. Ed did this repair at no charge which was heaven sent since I just spent so much on the initial repair and would have been thousands more if I had taken the first mechanics word and his major misdiagnosis of my problem. Ed and his crew at Zaloom's are very knowledgeable and professional and take such good care of you and your vehicle, you feel like family! They will now be my go to place and will be sure to spread the word how good they are to all my friends and family. It is difficult to find such good honest people these days, but I have certainly found them at Zaloom's Auto Repair!

Description of Work
Ran diagnostic check on my 2005 Nissan Altima and replaced Air Flow Meter and Fuel pump assembly. Also replaced my drivebelt tensioner and engine belt.

06/11/2015

01/13/2015

Daniel L.

10/08/2014

Iris L.

Description of Work
I had my transmission rebuilt. I know this was the problem because I took it to a dealer, and then Zaloom looked into it and confirmed the problem. Zaloom took care of it for several hundred dollars less. Afterwards I had some minor issues, totally unrelated to the transmission and they looked at it and fixed it gratis. Their service was terrific and I will certainly use them again in the future.

10/06/2014

John L.

The power door locks work fine. The turn signals and headlights work fine. Work was done in a timely manner. This worked was performed on a 1979 trans am. I would recommend Zaloom's for repair work.

Description of Work
Repaired power door locks. Replaced signal switch.

05/22/2014

Carlos C.

The service manager was courteous friendly and professional. The techs at zaloom's diagnosed and corrected the problem. I had a positive experience and will use this provider in the future.

Description of Work
Replaced the thermostat and coolant system flush

03/28/2014

Sue N.

Excellent job.

01/06/2014

moises R.

Always a pleasure, been coming here for a few years now and the owner George has always been honest with his service and fair with his prices. He now has his son Joe taking on more of the responsibility along with another gentleman Ed. My wife's minivan is currently in for service and after dealing with Joe and Ed today it's apparent that honesty and fairness is a value of the shop not just something the owner does.

Description of Work
Great service!

09/14/2013

lee E.

I made an appointment, dropped my car off they called when it was done and I picked it up.

Description of Work
Inspection and replaced battery

Category car inspections

09/25/2012

mark C.

very well.

Description of Work
oil change and basic fluid /tire inspection.

12/21/2011

Arnold O.

They were really top of the things. They set up an appointment and stick to it. They addressed the problems promptly and they took care of everything. They are fair and they are really good. The new tires hit something on the highway, and I went to a different place for new ones. They said the special order would be $150. I went to Gemma Zaloom and told what happened. They brought in new tires for me from the distributor and they put on new tires for me at the service cost. They are very friendly and attentive to my needs. They pulled out the headlight and checked the battery. When I asked for the bill, they charged me nothing for the service. They really make us feel comfortable and at home.

Description of Work
Gemma Zaloom Automotive Inc did a state inspection and an oil change on October 31st. They also addressed my problem with the power windows. I had purchased new tires from him.

Category auto repair, car tires, car inspections

09/05/2007

GEORGE F.

The company is very cooperative, personable, and truly know their business. I have used them for 3 years. While they had the vehicle up on the hoist, they did an overall check to ensure that everything was in good working order. This was a complimentary service. I am so pleased with their honesty as they truly do not attempt to take advantage of me. They truly focus on customer service.

Description of Work
My air conditioning was not working in my 1997 Mercury Grand Marquis. Upon evaluation, they indicated there were no leaks. However, it was low on Freon, so they added more.

Auto Service
    Auto Inspections
    Auto Tires
    Auto Radiators
    Auto Transmission
    Auto Mufflers
    NYS
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Oil Changes, Maintenance, Fluid Changes and Flushes, Brakes, Steering, Tires, Rotate and Balance, Engine Lights, Tire Pressure Lights, ABS Lights, SRS Airbag Lights, Shocks and Struts/Springs, Air Conditioning, American and Foreign Cars, Transmission Repair, Electrical and Diagnostic Specialists,

Body Work