Zalooms Auto Repair

Auto Tires
Auto Radiators
Auto Transmission
Auto Mufflers

The Zaloom Family has been servicing Staten Islanders for over 65 years. My Son Mike and Son-In-Law Christopher work hard to continue that legacy. We have an unequaled 2year/24month Limited Warrenty on parts and labor and always treats our customers Royally. We repair/Maint most makes and models and specialize in electrical and "Check Engine Light" Diagnostics. Our prices are cometative which allow us to pay a fair wage incl health ins SO thats a WIN WIN for all. Announcing our second location at 2041 Victory Boulevard between Bradley and Jewett. Stop in today 718 273 7181...

08/12/2021

Omg I was a bit nervous going into Zaloomie, however all that nervousness went out the door when I was welcomed into the office. I sat there not knowing what was the problem, then they raised my car and within 5 mins they saw what the problem was. My engine mount broke. I was so scared because I thought I messed up the transmission , then I Google what the rumbling sound was and they said maybe th...

Description of Work
Front Rotors, Brakes, Engine Mount, Wiper Blades, Air Filter, Both Headlight Bulbs

11/21/2018

Brought the car in for ny state inspection and a slow leaking right rear tire left the car went home,recieved a call car needed tire rotation I gave the ok over the phone, they called car was done went back to pick up the car proceeded to pay and was told inspection and tire rotation was completed, I asked what about the air leak in the right rear tire and was told they did not get to it and keep ...

Description of Work
ny state inspection and slow leak right rear tire

Category auto repair,car tires,car inspections

06/26/2017

I love them. They are great.I would absolutely used them again.

Description of Work
I used them sometime last year, maybe December of 2016 or January of 2017. I think that time they repaired something. My car is not in great shape.

02/15/2017

They are expensive but they are very good. In fact the local newspaper just recently had an article on them saying they are the best in Staten Island. They're not cheap but they stand behind what they do. I use them all the time. They give a 2 year warranty.

Description of Work
I got a new battery, because the car wasn't starting, and an oil change and filter.

11/12/2015

They referred me to and alarm specialist and they gave me a diagnostics report. Very responsive with my questions ans very professional. I highly recommend. They know what they are doing and know how to deal with the issues.

Description of Work
Needed help with my BMW that kept dying due to a faulty alarm. They were able to fix and consult me with next steps. Very professional! I also got an oil change.

09/28/2015

Cant Say how happy I am with Zalooms, The store manager Ed is a GEM!!!!!!!!! he explains everything soup to nuts, and tells you why. Educating the customer for me is huge since I'm in the service industry. Im never going anywhere else..... GOD BLESS ZALOOMS!!!

Description of Work
They took my wife's 2002 Acura MDX and they replaced pretty much everything. BROUGHT IT BACK TO LIFE

08/12/2015

The fan for the climate control in our 2002 Mini Cooper stopped working. We brought it in to Zalooms, and they traced the problem to a crimped wire and a faulty connector. Now, $400 may seem like a lot for that, but the usual diagnosis would be that the fan is shot...and that repair would be about $1,000 in parts and labor. So by taking some extra time and correctly diagnosing what was wrong, the shop saved me $600. And they did this in one day--no keeping the car for a week and leaving me without a vehicle. Great customer service and excellent mechanics.

Description of Work
Fixed problem with A/C system in 2002 Mini Cooper

07/15/2015

I had another mechanic look at my vehicle after having to have it towed from NJ. The mechanic could not identify the problem after having it a number of days and said since the car had 166,000 miles on it, it also was showing that it had numerous other problems such as a code for 2nd and 3rd gear not working indicating I may also need a rebuilt transmission. The repair costs were adding up. I decided to take it to Zalloom's for a second opinion, and so happy I did! Ed the Service Manager was a total gent and explained exactly what he was to do to locate the problem. His interest in wanting to get to the bottom of this problem was outstanding. To my surprise he hit the nail on the head and repaired the problem and found that my transmission was just fine! Went to pick it up, and heard a noise I never heard before. His techs immediately came out to the car and discovered my drive belt tensioner and engine belt needed to be replaced. Ed did this repair at no charge which was heaven sent since I just spent so much on the initial repair and would have been thousands more if I had taken the first mechanics word and his major misdiagnosis of my problem. Ed and his crew at Zaloom's are very knowledgeable and professional and take such good care of you and your vehicle, you feel like family! They will now be my go to place and will be sure to spread the word how good they are to all my friends and family. It is difficult to find such good honest people these days, but I have certainly found them at Zaloom's Auto Repair!

Description of Work
Ran diagnostic check on my 2005 Nissan Altima and replaced Air Flow Meter and Fuel pump assembly. Also replaced my drivebelt tensioner and engine belt.

10/06/2014

The power door locks work fine. The turn signals and headlights work fine. Work was done in a timely manner. This worked was performed on a 1979 trans am. I would recommend Zaloom's for repair work.

Description of Work
Repaired power door locks. Replaced signal switch.

05/22/2014

The service manager was courteous friendly and professional. The techs at zaloom's diagnosed and corrected the problem. I had a positive experience and will use this provider in the future.

Description of Work
Replaced the thermostat and coolant system flush

Category auto repair

Oil Changes, Maintenance, Fluid Changes and Flushes, Brakes, Steering, Tires, Rotate and Balance, Engine Lights, Tire Pressure Lights, ABS Lights, SRS Airbag Lights, Shocks and Struts/Springs, Air Conditioning, American and Foreign Cars, Transmission Repair, Electrical and Diagnostic Specialists,

Body Work