Caruso's Auto Repair Inc

Founded 1991 • With Angi since April 2009

1310 Helderberg Ave

Schenectady, NY 12306

We are a family owned automotive repair shop that can handle all your car or truck repairs.We offer factory level repairs for all makes and models. We take pride in our state of the art computer diagnostic equipment, our honest reputation and our quality workmanship. We also work on classic cars as well from the 1950's and up. In addition to this we handle all fleets/company repair needs and service with online service history available on line 24 hrs/7 days a week....

02/25/2020

William A.

It went great! He explained everything, and how the car works. He was extremely friendly, extremely knowledgeable, explained problems that may occur, and not pushy at all.

Description of Work
Oil change, and inspected the entire car.

08/16/2018

Toni H.

Lots of smart mouth talking and very condescending attitude. Interrupting me while I was explaining the situation.

Description of Work
Catalyst Convert

Category auto repair

Hello, we are sorry you feel this way....but you never hired us to do any repairs for you. I went through our customer list and we do not have you in our system. I do believe you called our shop for a price quote since you were getting a hard time from another shop?? But I think you left the review on the wrong page because we never serviced your car.

10/03/2017

Karlean N.

When my long time mechanic decided to close his business I needed to find someone who was just as honest as he was. After doing the research on line I found Caruso's and I'm so glad I did. Very professional, friendly, honest. After having talked with them I made my appointment and was very very pleased. The service was done very timely and was much less that that I thought the cost would be. They recommended what I should do in the future for service.

Description of Work
Car inspection, oil change and tire rotation

Category auto repair,car tires

Thank you for taking the time to leave us you feedback!! we welcome you to our shop and look forward to servicing your car in the future......we are honored to be your new Go To shop!!

09/11/2017

Amit C.

Great quality of work, professional and courteous people. Car drives like new. The price was about $100 more than a cheap discount store, but $400 less than a dealer. Got Angie's list discount as well. Highly satisfied with the work and highly recommended.

Description of Work
Replace brake pads and rotors Tire balancing and bead sealing Oil change, air filter State Inspection

Category auto repair,car tires,car inspections

Thank you for your review!!! we look forward to giving you the same great service in the future!!

04/20/2017

Valerie O.

It was an excellent repair. They are very accommodating people. I would highly recommend them to anybody. It took probably an hour and a half. I waited for them. They had a nice waiting room with coffee. They were very congenial people. A guy came out and talked to me and explained what they were doing. I think it was a father and a son operation. The father came out and we were talking because he is around my age. It was a very enjoyable visit.

Description of Work
We had our brakes done there.

Category auto repair

We love happy customers!!! thank you for taking the time to leave us your review and we look forward to taking care of you in the future!!

04/11/2017

Valerie O.

Made an appointment, showed on time, wasn't in the book but they squeezed me in, which slowed down/took time to get project done. Very courteous, great job, price was OK.

Description of Work
4 complete new brakes on 2012 Toyota Camry.

Category

11/21/2016

Susan L.

So grateful to have them help me keep my older car in good shape. They are always helpful and honest. Thanks for coupon, Joel !!!

Description of Work
Oil change and bulb replacement.

11/16/2016

Hope R.

The quality of the work done is excellent, an A+.

Description of Work
Brakes and exhaust repair.

Category muffler repair,auto repair

03/31/2016

Susan L.

It's a win-win when you can go to a locally family owned business and get honest expert service. Joel, thanks for keeping my older car going!

Description of Work
Repaired exhaust system, oil change.

03/26/2016

Kathy K.

They were extremely knowledgeable and answered all the questions I had. I had done a lot of research before I decided to have them do work on my car. I told them I just wanted an estimate until I decided on what tires I wanted and I shopped around at other car shops before I realized that they were the best. I was very happy with the work they did and they were kind, courteous, and professional. I plan on bringing my car there for all services. Thank you Joel for your patience with me while I did my homework.

Description of Work
I had them put 4 new Michelin Premier AS tires (that I requested) on my Camry, balanced and aligned. I had new brakes and rotors put on the front of the car and a Transmission Fluid Flush.

Category auto repair,car tires,transmission repair

Thank you for giving us the great feedback and sharing your experience for your first visit with us !!! we are all about happy customers and sharing our knowledge so you can make the best decision and get the best service at the best price!!! with so many products /parts out there to choose with various range of prices knowing which is right for you can be the most difficult!! but we love to give that help to our customers!!! we look forward to giving you the same great service in the future.
    Auto Service
    Auto Tires
    Auto Inspections
    Auto Transmission
    Auto Accessories
    Auto Radiators
    Auto Mufflers
    American Express, Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa

N.Y. State Inspections and Repair Emission Failed Cars. Roadside Assistance. Induction System Clean-Up Service. Auto Service – Brakes, Alignments, Computerized Tune-Ups, & Computer Diagnostics.Fleet Vehicle Service – Small & Large Companies

We can repair most sunroof's but not all manufacturers