Rye Eye Care

Eye Care - Optometry
Eye Care - Optical Sales & Repair
Eye Care - Pediatric Optometry

05/22/2020

A 5 Star Review by Rebecca Antinozzi I have been going to Dr. Bloom for 20+ years and have known him on a personal level since I was a child, as he was my neighbor for many years. Dr. Bloom and his staff are super personable and friendly. They always go above and beyond, not only performing preventative exams but testing for glaucoma, cataracts and other macular degeneration diseases. They have a ...

Description of Work
Annual Visit for Eye Care

Category eyeglass repair

09/29/2011

It's a pleasant office. Sometimes you wait for 10 minutes, but you always know it's because Dr. Bloom is taking his time with someone else and that he'll take the same time and concern with you. It's fun to look at all the frames they offer--and it's quite a varied collection.

Description of Work
I needed glasses for distance vision as well as a different pair for the computer. Dr. Bloom, as always, did a meticulous exam, never rushing, and suggested a different lens for my computer work. As a result, my neck strain caused by tilting my head while at the computer disappeared. The change was incredible. I'm a freelance writer, so I am totally dependent on working comfortably for 8+ hour days in front of a screen. My regular lenses (distance and reading) are also perfect. It's always a pleasure. Dr. Bloom has been my trusted optometrist for 20 years.

08/17/2010

The appointment ran maybe 5 minutes late--no big deal. Dr. Bloom provided an excellent and completely thorough eye and vision exam. Then I asked about getting special glasses for my computer, and he was able to help with that as well as my regular prescription. Overall, it took almost an hour, but it was time well-spent. Then I got help picking a new pair of frames.

Description of Work
Comprehensive eye exam and new eyeglasses.

12/14/2009

They are very thorough and careful. The office is professional and personable at the same time. They handle emergencies and do a really good job with the prescriptions. They are really nice. There is always a wait. I would continue to go there in future.

Description of Work
Rye Eye Care is my optometrist. I take my kid also there. I was last there in November.

Category optometrist

Ocular disease & trauma, pediatric vision care, optical service & contact lenses.