Rocky Shores Veterinary Hosp

Founded 2006 • With Angi since June 2010

341 Route 25A

Rocky Point, NY 11778

We offer incentives for pet insurance policy holders and Care Credit customers.We also have an online pharmacy and home delivery service through ProxyRx....

06/03/2020

patricia M.

Always seen when needed Squeezed in when there's something urgent Front desk always courteous Vet techs are great with handling pets Dr Cindy and Dr Rob always explain things thoroughly Always compassionate when any treatment is required, to the time when euthanasia is needed for a beloved pet

Description of Work
2 cats treated since 2009 Both with pancreatitis One had a mast cell tumor of the abdomen One with an eye removed due to a hole in his cornea, inflammatory bowel disease, a displaced toe & a tooth abscess that spread to the area near his eye socket

11/06/2019

Lorraine D.

Good no stones or crystals!! 😊they did not have to sedate her to do this procedure.!

Description of Work
Xrays of her abdomen to see if she had stones or crystals.

06/02/2019

Chelsea M.

Being new to the area I didn't know where to take my munchkin. This vet office came highly recommended by a coworker. They were very accommodating to my feeling of urgency and got me in right away. The vet and tech took all the time I needed to ask all my questions. They were very genuine and kind to my dog and myself. Before I left they made sure I had all the information and treatment guidance. The staff is very competent and honest. I received follow up calls from both a vet tech and the vet to make sure Duke was continuing to get better and to make sure any additional questions I had were answered. Very grateful to find a great local veterinary office.

Description of Work
Health scare with my pup

10/28/2018

Tonia C.

I have only had wonderful experiences here. They are all so caring towards the animals and their owners. I wouldn't take my pets anywhere else.

Description of Work
Veterinary care

08/23/2018

Jami G.

Wonderful. Felt my pet was well cared for. Everyone was friendly. Dr took his time. They were recommended to me and now I’ll be recommending to others.

Description of Work
Veterinary care

07/18/2018

Colleen D.

Dr. Cindy (and the support staff)as always,were gentle but thorough in examining my pet. Dr. Cindy explained what was wrong and what the treatment would be. She was very clear about what we needed to do and reassured us that if there were questions or problems support was a phone call away. Dr. Cindy and Dr. Rob have taken care of our pets for over 15 years. The care and concern is phenomenal. The standards that they hold themselves to is incredible and quite honestly has not ever wavered in all these years. There are many other competent,qualified vets located much closer to us but we have chosen to make the 45 min. ride to Rocky Shores because they have always taken such an active part in caring for our animals. They are honest about the situation,whatever it may be,and have always treated us and our pets with the utmost respect and caring compassion. It is really very hard to find the right words to describe the experience of being part of the Rocky Shores family. I guess the best review we can give...our dogs are actually excited about going to the vet. They love to see Drs. Rob and Cindy!! Can you say that about your pets?!! To use an old phrase...they are a cut above the rest. If you are looking for a vet give Rocky Shores a try. It can't hurt!!🐶🐱

Description of Work
Dog had unexplained sudden swelling of leg,needed to find out why.

05/05/2018

Neal P.

Always nice and caring. Dr. Rob is the best.

Description of Work
Brought my two dogs in for checkups

11/20/2017

Vera R.

The procedure was done professionally and they followed up as they always do the following day. I could not ask for better vets or staff.

Description of Work
My senior cat had an infection in her mouth so antibiotics were given the week before to clear the issue, and then her teeth were cleaned.

06/11/2017

Robert H.

Excellent service

Description of Work
Best Veterinarian I have ever utilized. My dogs love going to the doctor. My 14 year old basset hound is still truckin thanks to Dr Rob and his crew!! Baby Lab Molly loved him too.

09/19/2016

Jeanine S.

I have two cats that are patients there. The staff really cares and the Doctor's are not only very knowledgeable, but also very calm, reassuring and dedicated. They also do the best they can to treat the patient without unnecessary expense. I no longer procrastinate when it's time to go to the vet, because I am not longer afraid of extremely large bills due to unnecessary tests and products.

Description of Work
An office visit, a treatment and medication.

08/24/2016

Laura B.

I have a nine year old Cocker Spaniel - and a 13+ week old puppy. The staff at Rocky Shores are always polite and attentive to me and just wonderful to both of my boys! They have the art of distraction down to a science - so the dogs don't even know they're getting a shot. Professional - clean - and caring!

Description of Work
Puppy Vaccinations.

07/24/2016

Lorraine D.

I called the office as soon as they opened on a very busy Saturday morning. They were great told me to come right down. The x-rays showed that his leg was not broken, just sprained, love them all there at Rocky Shores!! My dog is a family member and there is treated as such!!!!!!

Description of Work
Macho my 14 year old dog needed an emergency visit, an exam, and x-rays,

07/02/2016

Jacqueline M.

It went great. In and out in no time even with going in without appointment while they had their day booked.

Description of Work
Examined pet, gave necessary water under skin and appropriate meds.

02/09/2016

Ari L.

Dr. Rob and the staff of Rocky Point Animal Hospital are the kindest and make you and your pet's Vet experience as easy as possible. We take both our dogs (and previously our cats who have since gone to kitty heaven both at over 20 years old) to see Dr Rob and he is always thorough and has a wonderful way of understanding both what the owners need and the pet needs. If not for Dr. Rob our younger lab would have possibly died from a serious tick disease that is very hard to diagnose and he is currently treating our other Lab for liver disease. We are very attached to our pets and we know we found the right vet. The staff is caring and loves to interact with their four legged patience. We have even brought Dr. Rob a dog we found bleeding and running loose one day and his office staff cared for him and Dr. Rob fixed him up and they kept him until we were able to locate the dog's owner. This vet's office goes above and beyond what other Vet offices do. We would never go anywhere else!

Description of Work
Today we had to bring in one of our Labs for blood work because she is not eating. We know she does have liver disease. She is 11 years old and we are doing everything we can for her.

Category veterinarian, pet grooming

10/07/2015

Lorraine D.

The visit went great, they found out that my little man , Macho, had impacted anal glands. The doctor had to express them. Yuk! They are very swollen. They put him on a antibiotic and he has a recheck in a week. He had his nails done while he was there, he really hates his nails done but they did them just fine. A big help to me because he won't let me do them .I love them all there!

Description of Work
found out why my dog was having issues pooping, also cut his nails while he was there.

05/12/2015

patricia M.

I met Dr. Robert Guasto 6 years ago when I adopted my 2 adult male cats at LAPH/ Grateful Paws no kill shelter in Huntington. I was concerned that one of my cats had ear problems, so I returned to the shelter to have him checked out. I was immediately pleased at his demeanor and handling of my cat. As it turns out there was no major issue, just a deep ear cleaning, which resolved the problem in a few days. The same cat had a cloudy eye when adopted. About a year later he developed problems which required an enucleation to remove the eye. I saw an ophthalmologist in Plainview who advised that there was a hole in the cornea and the eye needed to be removed. I was displeased with the way he treated my cat after he was told he came from shelter. I went straight to Dr. Guasto that Friday, had blood work completed prior to surgery and had the eye removed the following Monday. My cat came home after his surgery and was purring and rubbing as though he was saying thank you for his relief. Rather than being reclusive and hiding because of his painful eye, he became an instant mush. I reside in Patchogue, but prefer to go to Rocky Shores for the grtea care my cats receive. If you're looking for a great veterinarian, give them a call.

Description of Work
Routine check up, update for rabies vaccine, ear cleaning.

03/08/2015

Heather D.

This was the final visit, in what was a loooong line of visits...starting with our rat terrier eating 2/3 of a bag of semi sweet chocolates...we're lucky she's still here. If it wasn't for Dr. Rob, and his staff, I. Sure she wouldn't be. Anyways, after her bout with the chocolate, she had a change in her bladder functions. We thought, perhaps, she had developed diabetes...but, we're not doctors. We called, they got her right in, no problem, and did a full blood work up and exam...we had results with in 15 minutes...thankfully no diabetes. Through the exam, it was discovered that she probably just had a UTi, and we were given meds, but to get it started immediately, she got a shot. And off we went. I have to say, but the end of the day, we noticed a difference. I cannot recommend this office enough. To tell you all they've gone through with our pets, well, there isn't enough space. We've been going to them for 8 years now, and they've seen us through some very rough times. They are supportive, honest and always available. Two thumbs up!

Description of Work
Examination, blood work and medication

Veterinarians
    Animal Grooming
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Rocky Shores Veterinary Hospital, P.C. is a full-service, companion animal veterinary hospital providing comprehensive medical, surgical and dental care. We are accredited by the American Animal Hospital Association. Our services include: House-calls, Wellness and Vaccination Examinations, Radiology, Humane education, Behavioral counseling, Microchip implantation, TNR services.

Boarding and Grooming