Brighton Animal Hospital & Boarding Kennel

With Angi since July 2006

723 Linden Ave

Rochester, NY 14625

Our entire healthcare team is committed to providing personal attention to the unique concerns of each individual pet owner. Thank you for taking the time to read about our veterinary practice and the services we offer. We welcome your comments and suggestions....

08/04/2020

Tammi R.

I started as a patient in October of 2019. In January of 2020, I started as an employee. That employment opportunity did not work out, however I wanted to remain a client. I was let go as a client for no valid reason and then when I called to have my pets medical records transferred to their new vet, they were never sent. I made this request on at least 6 different occasions, to no avail. My dogs had been heartworm tested in April and I had been buying their heartworm medication on a monthly basis. The fact that they gave me no notice that they were going to drop me as a client left me without heartworm medication for my dogs. Dr. Foley did agree to sell me some last month to keep them on the schedule until we got the records switched over so the new vet could sign off on the prescriptions. Well here we are again with them needing their medication and the records still haven't been sent. I shouldn't have to keep calling and requesting these records be sent. Not only is it unprofessional but it is also putting my pets at risk. This is uncalled for and unacceptable. Be upset with me that is ok, don't take it out on my pets. Your supposed to be in the business of helping animals.

Description of Work
Animal Care

05/04/2017

Joan K.

01/30/2017

Robert P.

Great experience!

Description of Work
When the kennel we had used for years was no longer available, we tried Brighton Animal Hospital. Couldn't have been happier. Our puppy was happy healthy and clean at the end of her 4 day stay, and most importantly they took our 7 year old daughter back to see where her dog would stay and made HER comfortable with leaving our dog there.

Category veterinarian, kennels

06/03/2015

LINDA G.

01/07/2015

CONNIE I.

The service was very good and I was very pleased. The area was very clean. They take very good care of the dogs and have a Vet on site. I would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
They kenneled both my dogs, and had their nails clipped.

Category veterinarian, kennels, pet grooming

10/14/2014

Kristen B.

Went well. We were pleased with the staff, doctor, and our dog's recovery.

Description of Work
Neutering

10/08/2013

Julie E.

The vet (Foley) told my husband to take them to the humane society that and quot;he would not put perfectly healthy cats downand quot;, however, these two, indoor cats had not been seen in 3 years, because they had been very healthy up until the last 6 months, and just getting them into the cat carrier was traumatic for them. All this information was made known to the vet. He was very cold, and clearly seemed to want to make money by trying to convince us that their likely conditions could be treated. Needless to say, we immediately found another vet for our dogs, but sadly had to have our cats euthanized at the humane society. I truly believe Dr. Foley was simply trying to create revenue without any consideration for the entire situation.

Description of Work
After a lengthly conversation and very painful decision process I was counseled by the vet receptionist that I was making the right decision to euthanize my two very old, sick cats. I took a week to come to the decision to make an appointment and when my husband brought the cats in for our appt. the vet refused to euthanize them without a complete physical exam which I'm sure would include blood work. Etc. I explained my conversation, and never once was the subject of a complete physical necessary in order to euthanize, in fact she only questioned whether I wanted a group burial or did I want their remains. I was a client for nearly 20 years. My cats were 13 and 15. One stopped using the liter box all together, the 15 year old was most certainly suffering from a thyroid disorder (I had a cat many years ago, and after surgery and several hospital stays, I had to put that cat down, so I was not going to put this 15 year old cat thru that).

09/27/2012

Aimee B.

As always the visit went smoothly. The vets are professional, love animals, and are very smart. They respond to problems quickly and treat our dogs with compassion. Even if we didn't live in the area we would bring them there. The only downside is the check out process. With 4 dogs wanting to go home waiting for the paperwork can seem endless.

Description of Work
Our 4 dogs received their yearly checkup shots, 1 with an illness was quickly and accurately diagnosed, and all received heart worm and tick/flea preventatives for the year. What may look like an expensive visit was extremely reasonable given all that was done for 4 dogs.

04/23/2012

Susan L.

I've used Brighton Animal hospital for over 20 years. I've taken all my animals there and I've used them for boarding as well. The boarding facility is fine and the animals are well cared for. Their staff is what makes this place stand out. Dr. Foley is second to none in Rochester. He is an excellent vet. He is smart, knowledgeable and compassionate. I trust him completely with all of my pets. The front office staff is also wonderful. Many have been there 10 - 15 years and truly love their jobs and the animals. As long as I live in Rochester, Brighton Animal Hospital will be my vet and boarding choice.I

Description of Work
I've used Brighton Animal hospital for boarding and all my vet needs. The most recent visit was 11 days boarding for my two dogs, over the spring break.

Category veterinarian, kennels

04/14/2012

Maura W.

We have a 10 mo old puppy, and weren't happy with the vet we saw back when we first got her (at 3 and 4 mo.) Friends recommended Brighton Animal Hospital. We went yesterday for a and quot;new patientand quot; exam and heart worm testing. Despite the fact that it is a busy place, we did not wait long. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. The vet took time with us, and answered all of our questions. They were very gentle with the pup when she needed a blood draw. New to pet ownership, I don't have much experience to go on as far as cost, but it certainly was comparable or below what we paid at the other place.

Description of Work
Vet exam of 10 mo beagle/Jack Russel puppy $46 Fecal exam $19 Heartworm/Lyme/Ehrlichia $47 8 mo. of heartworm (TriHeart #6) $65

10/18/2007

CAROL R.

This is a great place to go. They are definitely very reasonable compared to other veterinary services who try to pile on the charges. The price depends on what you go there for.

Description of Work
They've bathed my dogs before. We take them here for routine veterinary care. We've also used them for kenneling.

09/06/2007

LAUREN P.

Brighton is sometimes busy and sometimes not. I wish there were less animals in the waiting room, I feel like we are all bunched up together. I guess his price is fair compared to others I have checked out. Other than being busy and having a full waiting room with pets everywhere, I'll give them a score of a B.

Description of Work
I take my dogs here for general checkups.

08/30/2007

DAVE M.

I have a lot of confidence in the veterinarians and staff members there, which is why I use them. There is not anything that I don't like about them and there isn't any specific doctor that I like to see. Their prices are fair.

Description of Work
I take my dog to them for routine check-ups and shots.

08/06/2007

ROBERT H.

They have an incredibly great loving staff and a wonderful hospital. We have used their services for many years and our dog literally drags me in there. I think he believes it is a doggie camp. I would highly recommend them to others.

Description of Work
My dog stayed at Brighton Animal Hospital for one week in their kennel.

10/11/2006

TRICIA A.

As we are new in town, finding a vet was based on word of mouth from folks we met in the park walking their dogs. Brighton was given high marks and when I visited in September for my cats annual visit, I agreed. We say Dr. Garafalo and she offered some helpful advice in dealing with my senior cat's asthma issues and also provided a treatment for a recent limp. She was very receptive to questions and offered reasonable lower cost ways to address issues. I'm sure I will take both of my dogs there as well. The staff was also very polite.

Description of Work
Routine cat care including rabies vacc, distemper/parvo booster, fecal exam.

08/21/2006

GEORGE B.

These people are very professional and love animals. I have taken my dog to Brighton Animal Hospital for years and always get good service at a good price. They treat me like a valued customer, and I would not use any other place for my dog.

Description of Work
I took my dog to this Brighton Animal Hospital when I went on vacation for a week. They charge a per day price for boarding, but they perform many other services at different prices since they are an animal hospital.

08/15/2006

JOAN W.

My overall experience is very good. I can always count on Brighton Animal Hospitaland Boarding to give me quality service and a wide variety of services. These people are professional and the place is very clean. They treat the animals with respect.

Description of Work
I board my dog at Brighton Animal Hospital & Boarding every time I go on vacation. They charge different rates for the size of animals and other different services such as shots and grooming. I kept my dog there for one week.

07/28/2006

We are happy with Brighton Animal Hospital's services. They are our normal vet, so they know our animals. It was convenient and affordable. They get their own running and sleeping area, but there is an option to put them together. They always seem happy when they come home.

Description of Work
I kept my two dogs at Brighton Animal Hospital for two days.

Veterinarians
    Animal Boarding Kennels
    Animal Grooming

Exams, microchip identification, senior care, behavioral & nutritional counseling, spay & neuter, dental care, labs, vaccinations, grooming & boarding