BOB JOHNSON CHEVROLET

Rochester, NY 14615

Auto Service...

01/19/2018

Joe A.

I took the truck to Bob Johnson’s service department twice for squeaking brakes. I only had the truck for a few days before the brakes started squeaking. The first time I drop the truck back to them they took the breaks apart and clean the rotors. When I went to pick up the truck after they had called me the brakes were squeaking. I drove off the lot and the brakes were squeaking again. I took the truck back for the second time this time they replaced the rotors and the brake pads and they assured me it would not squeak again. Well guess what they’re squeaking again. I have called them numerous times nobody returns my phone call. I just don’t understand how they got to be number one in the nation.

Description of Work
I purchased A 2014 Chevy pick up truck with a plow, I made a deal with the salesman for $27,200When I went to pick up the truck they told me I old $27,450. The salesman stock me for an extra $200 I was unaware of. I had purchased the truck anyway which was a mistake to begin with. I drove the truck home within a couple days the brakes started squeaking.

Category auto repair, car sales

09/14/2017

Daniel B.

I bought my car there too. I would use them again, I still do.

Description of Work
Oil change. They rotated the tires.

Category auto repair, car tires

05/16/2017

Adele F.

They have been excellent in all areas. My sales representative is Benny Corvino and he is the best car sales representative I have ever had in my life. He is honest, straightforward, and is concerned about what is best for me. I would highly recommend them to anyone as well.

Description of Work
I leased my car through them and they service it there.

03/01/2017

10/20/2016

John R.

05/05/2016

PATRICIA C.

Description of Work
My car was due for inspection but the check engine light was on. I had gotten a quote from one repair shop for $1150.00 to replace 4 solenoids and inspect. So, I took it to Bob Johnson's for an estimate. They replaced the ONE solenoid for free and inspected it. Total $21.00! This is the second time I have been to the LeRoy location and each time have been totally satisfied with them.

03/24/2016

Peter P.

03/22/2016

Anthony S.

05/28/2015

Anthony S.

Description of Work
I had a New York State Inspection, tire rotation, and oil changed. To do jobs they did, was easy to do well, but they took too much time to do it. Howevever, they only charged me $32 for at least $65 worth of work.

02/04/2015

Barbara C.

Description of Work
ongoing problem with oil leak in 2014 Spark. After last visit, seems to be ok.

03/28/2014

George P.

They're outstanding and fine. I brought in there my car twice for service and the service was timely, people were always courteous, informative, and they're fine. The services cost nothing for the first 2 years because it's covered with the purchase.

Description of Work
I went to Bob Johnson Chevrolet and bought a new car. I also used them for other auto services.

10/20/2013

Jacqueline F.

They did a great job: I got right in and they were done in a timely manner: The price was lower then all of the other places I checked: There waiting room is fantastic with snacks, internet service TV comfortable seating and tables:

Description of Work
I had two operations on my eyes right after I had the bed liner put in so this review is well over due. Bob Johnsons Chevrolet Put a bed liner in my New truck:

09/12/2013

Glen J.

Service was done promptly and completely. Very please with results

Description of Work
Had routine lube, oil and filter change performed

08/13/2013

Aaron M.

It went horrible... after i handed my keys to sales person to check my car over for trade in value--- i decided i didnt want the car he was trying to sell me because the price was to high. The sales person named Brady was very pushy and kept going back to try to get a lower price even after I told him i was tired and hungry and that i was working all day since 4 am. He didnt comprehend that i just wanted to go home. As im getting into my car to go home... my check engine light is on as soon as i turn my car on. Usually if the check engine light ever comes on- it happens while i am driving. I called that night to complain about the experience and no one ever called me back... I waited till wednesday for a response and didnt get one so i called again. This time i called the sales person Brady who referred me to the manager who looked over the car named Mike Keefer. When I was talking to him on the phone... i told him that there was reason to believe that the car was tampered with in an effort to try to sell me a new car. In an effort to try to resolve my suspicions- I suggested perhaps if they had surveillance video for reviewing purposes. So that Friday i went in to try to watch a surveillance video just to make sure that he didnt tamper with it. When i get there. .. i meet Mike Keefer in person and said to him that i have nothing personal against him... and that i just wanted to make sure that my car wasnt messed with. I was not present with my car after my keys were handed over so i did not know really what happened to it. His response - was arrogant, rude, unpleasant... unforgving... childish and irritable. He wanted to keep the situation personal. He demanded that i apologize to him after i review the video and said that a guy named Rob Scott was gone for the day and that he would be in on monday so we can review the video at that time. I go in again on Monday.. and this time even worse. When i pull up... i see mike keefer walking around with a clicker going from car to car... he sees me and keeps walking the other way. I went into the building and asked for mike keefer. A guy goes to get him and im left waiting there for 15 minutes. Finally i get up and ask someone if i can see Rob Scott directly since i was busy and had alot of things to do. All of a sudden Mike Keefer comes running out of nowhere saying "STOp... !!!" . .. He said he had some "information" he had to give to rob scott first before we see the video. So... finally im officially HEATED and upset. He goes to get Rob Scott and comes back saying he is gone for the day because he went to a funeral. My suspicions are so high at this point just by the way that he is acting. I felt like he was pushing this off so perhaps they could edit the video. I am a video editor so I know how easily this can be done. When i got home on Monday i asked for the president to inform him of the situation but they refer me to the vice president. I leave him a lengthy message saying how i do not want to deal with Mike keefer anymore. I felt like he was a bully and i dont want to feed his ego any more with an apology. In fact i didnt even want to see him because i felt like i was having an ulcer the last time i saw him because of how upset he made me. The VPs name was John Love. So finally i go there on friday two weeks later and ask for Rob Scott directly.. The guy goes to get him and im waiting and sure enough.. here comes mike keefer who says hes going to watch the video with me. He walks to go do something else so then i go to Rob Scotts office as per the direction of the guy who was looking for him for me. So when i go in there- John Love is in there and shakes my hand. Initially i think... at least this guy seems kinda friendly... but as soon as i opened my mouth to apologize for putting them through the video reviewing process... my how things had changed... The Vice president was just like Mike Keefer, but only worse. I guess corruption starts from the top and works its way down. These guys are so arrogant and full of themselves. As i am reviewing the video- i just figure its probably best to just keep my mouth closed so that i shut these jerks up because i didnt want to listen to them. They were very unreasonable and obviously care nothing about customer concerns. I watched the video and the video was shaky and choppy and nothing conclusively would say that my car was tampered with, but i have no doubt to this day that it was. If not in that video... my car was tampered with in the sense that they failed it for inspection when it should have passed. It in fact passed the emissions portion of their inspection and failed on the brakes and power sterring rack according to them. BUYER BEWARE... stay away from these guys. I also bought my current car there from them about 9 years ago from a guy named Doug Curry. (who i say laughing at me over my request to review video of my car) I will let you be the judge if it was coincidence or not, but i still find it hard to believe that my check engine light is magically on the second i hand my keys over to them. So to top everything off.... After i was done reviewing the video- this is what happened- Me: "Well thanks for letting me watch the video guys- I appreciate it" John Love- "So thats it - we're done here then..." Me: "Yep- were done- thanks..." (I am walking out the door to leave peaceably) (I am outside the door) John Love- "Oh Sir!?!?" (I walk back in the room to see what hes going to say) Me: "Yeah?" John Love- "Youre not ever coming back here ever again are you?" Me- "Absolutely never again" John Love-" Ok Good...." That just goes to show you the arrogant bully type attitude. I was leaving in peace and he just had to do that - to throw hostility into my face. Thanks- Hopefully i can keep potential customers from going there because they are horrible...

Description of Work
Lure people in with Free inspection coupons and then purposefully fail vehicles on the inspection. The failed my car for Front right brake and power steering rack and then listed a whole ton of other things i needed to fix. They even said my car is leaking oil and its not. The next day i get a call from a sales person telling me to go in and take a look at a car and that they have a great deal... Its a scam to try to sell more cars. Why else would they give free inspections? But wait theres more...

Category auto repair, car sales

04/12/2013

Colette S.

They make you feel like you are at home. They make you feel that you are a part of their family and that they are there to help you. It went great. They take the time. They go through every part of the car with you. They will see through every step. They are not turning help all the time.

Description of Work
For automotive we use Bob Johnson Chevrolet. The last time I took my car in was last December. We took the car in for servicing and we went out with a new car.

08/10/2012

Brian W.

I chose them because they are close. I had a positive experience with them, and I will go back there if I needed too.

Description of Work
I had a tip key replaced by Bob Johnson Chevrolet.

Category auto repair, car accessories

11/30/2011

Fred P.

overall this experience confirmed my belief that bigger (dealership) is not always better.

Description of Work
Purchased a certified used corvette from dealership. Sales rep was ok. Had an issue with the quality of the factory wheels, discussed this with the service dept. I was told that cosmetic issues were not covered under the certified bumper to bumper warranty. The wheels had a definite quality issue, the vehicle only had 9300 miles. Since I was not getting anywhere with the service dept. I decided to go to another Chevrolet dealership. Hoselton Chevy not only took care of my problem, (all 4 wheels replaced under warranty)--they made a new customer!!

09/14/2011

Paul S.

I know the owner personally and know how they work and their values. This is a very good dealership. Excellent Service all around.

Description of Work
I had them service my truck all the time when I lived there.

06/10/2008

Carolyn H.

They did not call back when we called there. It took weeks to get the sale over with. They said that they where busy when we called.

Description of Work
We had gone there to buy a new pickup.

08/06/2007

JOYCE P.

We bought both of our cars from them. We like them so much because their service has been incredible and their pricing was the best that we have seen. They stuck to the warranties with out very much haggling. Len is definitely the best.

Description of Work
I purchased a Chevy Malibu from Bob Johnson Chevrolet.

07/28/2006

Bob Johnson Chevrolet does any and all repairs we ever need on our vehicles. They do a great job and I will continue to use them. I also recommend them.

Description of Work
Bob Johnson Chevrolet repaired the gas cap panel on my vehicle.

Category auto body repair

07/26/2006

I bought my car at Bob Johnson Chevrolet four years ago, and I have been going there since for all my work. They are very good. The prices are sometimes high, but I am always satisfied with any work they do. It seems well worth it.

Description of Work
Bob Johnson Chevrolet replaced our brakes and rotors.

JOAN K.

I felt that Bob Johnson Chevrolet did a good job. They were punctual at getting my car fixed and professional in completing the job.

Description of Work
Bob Johnson Chevrolet replaced the brake pads, drums and rotors on my car.

07/26/2006

My overall experience with Bob Johnson Chevrolet was fine. I have no complaints with them. I thought that they were very friendly.

Description of Work
Bob Johnson Chevrolet replaced the brakes in my vehicle.

Auto Service
    Auto Sales
    Auto Tires
    Auto Accessories
    Auto Body Work

SERVICE, NEW & PRE-OWN CARS.