TACS Auto Body

Founded 1979 • With Angi since July 2006

Auto Body Work
Auto Service

TACS - the auto collision specialists. ...

Caruso's Auto Repair Inc

We are a family owned automotive repair shop that can handle all your car or truck repairs.We offer factory level repairs for all makes and models. We take pride in our state of the art computer diagnostic equipment, our honest reputation and our quality workmanship. We also work on classic cars as well from the 1950's and up. In addition to this we handle all fleets/company repair needs and service with online service history available on line 24 hrs/7 days a week.

01/28/2017

Description of Work
Damage fixed on car.

07/21/2016

Description of Work
Auto Service: TACS not only does premium auto body work, but also excellent auto service work. They are honest and fair in pricing. They diagnosed my car's problems and went over my options with the cost in mind. Very satisfied with their work.

01/16/2015

This was our first experience with TACS, and I would definitely use their services again. We had a rear-end collision, and went to TACS only because it was the most convenient autobody shop that was approved by the other driver's insurance. However, they did a great job. They were quick with the estimate, and they did all of the correspondence with the insurer to get the parts and labor covered. They also provided a rental car on-site (paid for by insurance, but they had the car available on their lot so that I wouldn't have to go running around to get to a rental location). I thought that the repair job was excellent, and they went the extra mile of washing and detailing the interior of the vehicle. The only part of the experience that was difficult was that they had to calendar us out for about a month before we could get service; we had the estimate done and approved by the insurer, but they had a backlog. In fairness, it was during the Christmas holidays and we had already experienced icy conditions, so it's possible that they had a lot of collisions and body work to handle at that time. When there was a little snafu with their not having us on their calendar at the time we expected, they handled it professionally and moved us up to the soonest possible date, based on getting the parts. Mistakes happen -- it's how they're handled that's the mark of a well-run business. Overall, I think that TACS was very pleasant to work with, my vehicle looks like new, and it was such a nice surprise to pick up a freshly detailed car. I would use them again!

Description of Work
TACS replaced the back hatch door and bumper of my vehicle following a collision.

11/19/2013

Ive used TACS for almost 2 years, they've taken great car of our 2 vehicles.

Description of Work
oil change (synthetic), tire rotation

Category auto repair

09/11/2013

From start to finish I felt they really cared and walked me through all the steps of insurance, repair and follow up. Kevin, at the desk, started off with an accurate estimate. Brian oversaw the repair, right on the money of the estimate while dealing with Matt was a pleasure when I picked the car up.

Description of Work
I was rear ended. They were very friendly, helpful and fair. Provided me with a free loaner car while my car was in the shop

06/06/2013

This is the 3rd time in about 20 years I've used TACS for an auto repair. Like a root canal dentist, one hopes not to have to use an autobody specialist too often. But on each occasion, I've gotten nothing but the best service from them. The repairs are beautifully done and they work closely with my insurance company to ensure that all needed work is done and gets paid for by the insurer. It's a very hassle-free experience. TACS even has an arrangement with a local car rental service to have a rental car ready for you when you drop off your damaged vehicle. And the repairs last! I have a 1999 vehicle that suffered extensive front end damage in an accident in 2001. They repaired it then, about 12 years ago, and the front of this car still looks like new! If you need a body shop and you live in the Albany area, I highly recommend TACS.

Description of Work
TACS (aka T.A.C.S.) repaired front end damge to my car following a collision with a deer.

04/01/2013

So pleasant from the time I called to schedule to when I actually brought the car in for the oil change. Everyone was incredibly friendly. They took my car right away and the entire service was done in no time. Great job!!!!

Description of Work
oil change

10/02/2012

They are very helpful and very easy to work with. They are personable. They do everything very quickly. They give free estimates.

Description of Work
I used Tacs Auto Body to put in a headlight switch.

Category auto repair

02/14/2012

I'm grateful to these guys - for knowing their trade and not taking advantage of our lack of knowledge. The job was done overnight and we got our car back the following day - good as new. Honest and skilledguys in this buisness are worth their weight in gold.

Description of Work
TACS found and fixed source of a gas fume leak in my elderly mother's Buick - Fuel Pressure Regulator. The part cost was @ $130, and the rest was labor & taxes. I'd lived with the problem for 2 years before finding TACS, since a previous auto shop had 'tried' to fix the problem, charged us $230. for the effort, and then said "Well, you may have to remove the dashboard panels to access the problem," making me think the problem was VERY expensive to try to fix. I'm grateful to the TACS guys - for knowing their business and not taking advantage of our lack of knowledge. The job was done overnight and we got our car back the following day - good as new. Honest and skilled guys in this business are worth their weight in gold.

07/13/2006

THEY DID EVERYTHING I WANTED DONE. THEY DID EVERYTHING NEATLY AND NICELY. THEY ARE GREAT OVERALL AND WONDERFUL PEOPLE TO DEAL WITH. I CAN'T EVEN TELL THE BODY WORK WAS DONE, IT LOOKS VERY GOOD.

Description of Work
I HAD FRONT END AND REAR END DAMAGE ON MY PICK-UP TRUCK AND THEY FIXED IT.

Category auto body repair

THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING TACS FOR THE REPAIRS TO YOUR TRUCK. WE STRIVE TO DO OUR BEST EACH AND EVERY TIME. HOPEFULLY YOU WILL NOT NEED OUR SERVICES IN THE NEAR FUTURE. THANKS AGAIN, TAC.

Full service collision repair shop, specializing in insurance claims, customer repairs, 24 hour accident towing service, NYS safety inspections, carco insurance photo inspections, frame & uni-body repair, 4 wheel alignments, computer matched paint repairs, free loaner cars.

Mechanical repairs resulting from an accident (oil changes, tune ups, breakdowns), engine or transmission repair, routine maintenance, roadside assistance

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover
    Lifetime on all collision repairs