G & J Home Remodeling Co Inc

Founded 1968 • With Angi since July 2007

If you watch our entertainingly unpredictable commercials below you will have a good understanding of who we are and how we do business. We have been in business Since 1968 over forty five years now. Here at G&J Home Remodeling we would like to offer you an experience like no other in this industry. Easy going & no pressure salesmanship great work done by respectful and professional people who care about their work and have been with G & J for manu many years. We stand behind our workmanship 100% for the life of the material. For all of youir Roofing, Siding, Windows, Doors, Decks. Enclosures, Sunrooms and Additions including Basement finishing, Call the Good Guys at G&J Home Remodeling for a Fast Free Quote with Zero Pressure. At G & J Home Remodeling Co. we offer you a Fair Price, we do Great Work, we stand Behind that Work Forever and "No Baloney". Additional contact name - Paul Mandelis. Additional email - paul@mandelis.com. Award winning....

B. More Decor

I have just moved to the finger lakes area from NYC where I helped run my fathers window treatment business for many years. I came to this area to start my own venture. I can help you with anything and everything. From helping you turn your house into a Home, to just a simply helping you fix a single shade.

Reyes Interior Painting

At Reyes Painting. Our mission is simple, to provide high-quality services for our valued clients. Our goal is the satisfaction of the client in each project.

DiMartino Construction & Remodeling

With over 35 years as a family owned business thru 3 generations in the construction, contracting and home remodeling business, we bring to you the finest quality in residential and light commercial improvements. Whether you need an new Siding, Windows, Roofing, A new deck of any type or addition to your structure, a kitchen or bathroom remodeled, a basement refinished or more, DiMartino Construction & Remodeling is your ONE STOP SHOP FOR ALL OF YOUR HOME REMODELING NEEDS. . Please call us for a free in home estimate or consultation.

Offers by DiMartino Construction & Remodeling on Angi

04/11/2019

Marjorie O.

G&J put a new roof on for me a few years ago. Strong winds did some damage to one side of the roof and eaves. I left a message for Paul the owner to see what i needed to do. The next day I came home and it was fixed! One call and boom it was done !

Description of Work
Repair of roof

10/10/2017

Marjorie O.

5 layers of roofing> Huge surprise but G&G handled the job and got old roof off and new roof on in record time. And it looks great

Description of Work

Category decks,flooring contractor,remodeling,roofing,replacement windows,chimney repair,doors

04/24/2017

Marjorie O.

They came in strong and then amount of workers dwindled.. Wok was left undone and very messy.Never came back for finishing touches, trim on windows and doors.

Description of Work
Roof, flooring Windows and doors

Category insulation,roofing,replacement windows,window treatments

10/30/2015

John S.

I was pleased to have G & C Home Remodeling Co. Inc. complete the evaluation of my home. I felt they did a thorough observation of the dwelling based on their professional experience. They forwarded me a complete evaluation in writing, that showed they are a professional and capable vendor. I feel there was an initial breakdown in communication, that has sense been improved. Thank you for the follow up and help.

Description of Work
Overall evaluation of my dwelling on the outside to access condition over years in the Upstate New.York environment. Checked the roof, siding, and gutters. General overall inspection.

08/18/2015

Diane Y.

They arrived as scheduled, did the job in two days and withe the extreme weather last year, I actually used less utilities than the year before. I am thankful I had the job done, and I thank them for their expertise.

Description of Work
Put in additional insulation in the attic, put in blown in insulation in all outside walls, and put foam insulation on all sills in the cellar.

Category insulation,roofing

06/17/2015

John M.

The work was done quickly and efficiently. The workers were competent, polite and left the house in excellent shape. I discussed possible future work. The company deserves its high rating.

Description of Work
This was a roof diagnosis and repair. The manager came by on schedule and did a thorough assessment of needs, including some that we had not noticed but that were important. Then G&J repaired missing shingles, cleaned the drains and repaired some of the brick walls.

Category masonry,roofing

06/17/2015

Mimi M.

This was an Angie's List deal. After this past winter, recent rain storms, tornado warning and hail in Tully, I decided to purchase the roof maintenance package to have my roof inspected and maintained. I purchased the roof maintenance deal on 6/16 and Paul from G&J was able to come to the house on 6/17, the next day. They found and corrected minor issues (cracks, raised nails) and replaced a few missing shingles. Paul assured me that having done this roof maintenance will help to extend the life of the roof for a few more years, but said that a roof replacement would be needed in the next 3 to 5 years. The estimated cost would be around $18k for the roof replacement. Though, I wasn't happy to hear about the roof replacement, I was glad to have done the minor roof repairs that bought me some time to save for the roof replacement. While they were here, I asked about repairing a detached fascia board that held some gutters and if a cracked skylight needed to be replaced. They will setup a time to repair the detached board (estimate $550). The cracked skylight did not need immediate replacement since the inner window was still intact and the plastic membrane still seemed to be intact - preventing water from coming in. At some point, the skylight will need to be replaced, but the need was not immediate.

Description of Work
Roof inspection/maintenance and minor roof repair.

Category roofing,replacement windows,skylights

01/14/2015

shari C.

Immediately after this company finished the work and cleaned up (very nicely, I might add), I wrote a review for Angie's List, which I continue to stand by 150%. The reason for this update is, that after all of this time (a few years now) and all the various weather conditions the job has been tested with, I can honestly say that I would have them come again - and again - in a heartbeat. House continues to look "new" and lovely, no dings, no breaks, no color stripping or fading, absolutely nothing to complain about. Thank you for this opportunity to update my original bright and shining review. And thank you again, G&J Home Remodeling Co, Inc. Shari Carter

Description of Work
In addition to siding an extremely old and extremely complicated house, they repaired gutters, a drain pipe cover, and a variety of other things not in the contract -- nor were they charged.

Category gutter repair,remodeling,roofing,siding

10/02/2014

Daniel I.

I have to say that this was the best experience I have ever had with a contractor and I've had many. Paul did everything that he said he would when he said he would do it. Paul didn't just put siding and porches on my home he transformed it. Paul and his crew throughout the project went out of their way whenever I had a question or concern. The quality of their work was exceptional and the price couldn't be beat they were thousands less than any other contractor. My only regret is that I wasn't able to post before and after pictures (not that tech savy) those pictures truly would have told the whole story. If you're looking for a contractor you'd be crazy to go anywhere else.

Description of Work
Installed siding and built two porches one on the side of the house and one on the front.

Category decks,roofing,siding

09/08/2014

John L.

In all fairness, I believe this company is presently over booked with work due to recent storm damage in the area. This may be why their estimate was significantly higher than others.

Description of Work
Provided estimate for roof replacement.

Dear [member name removed] Thank you for taking the time to provide a bad review. It gives me the opportunity to point some things out to Angie's List members and yourself as well. Our prices are lower than some outfits & higher than others. If you got more estimates you would have seen that. It was also about a thirty minute drive and since we don't use subcontractors it costs us more cause my people are paid drive time as well. In my experience and from all the stories I hear weekly from people that got burned by the lower price outfits. Subontractors, amateur workmanship, injuries to workers & no proper insurance ,damages, leaks and so on... all had the same thing in common they went for that lower price. If you are looking for professional workmanship that comes with a 30 year workmanship warranty then we are a tried and proven outfit that has been in business for over 45 years. So to recap...FAIR PRICE. GREAT WORK. STAND BEHIND THAT WORK FOR EVER AND.....NO BALONEY. So there you have my response.

Roofing, siding, windows, decks, doors, porches, sun rooms, porch enclosers, basements & additions.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available