East Islip Dental Care

Founded 1998 • With Angi since May 2012

228 E Main St

East Islip, NY 11730

No one in the world is just like you, and your smile is a shining symbol of your unique personality. Strong, beautiful teeth and optimal oral health will improve your self-confidence and overall health. Dr. Gary Rosenfeld and our East Islip Dental Care Smile Team will show you how. At our inviting dental office, you’ll find experts dedicated to building a genuine and lasting relationship with you. Your visits will begin with a comfortable, honest discussion about your concerns, goals, and expectations. Once we understand how to serve you best, Dr. Rosenfeld and his associates will personally examine your teeth, gums, jaws, and soft tissues. If necessary, we’ll take digital x-rays and photos to update your records. These images help with accurate diagnosis, and they will also become visual aids for us to show you the dentist’s findings. When you understand your condition and treatment options, you’ll make wise decisions for treatment. As your personal guides and consultants, we’ll set you on the path to a lifetime of sensational smiles. For 30 wonderful years, Dr. Gary Rosenfeld has provided comprehensive family and cosmetic dental care. We also offer state-of-the-art cosmetic dentistry and natural-looking restorations for a beautiful, healthy smile. Call East Islip Dental Care today and schedule your checkup, consultation, or second-opinion visit. Our Smile Team will deliver the exceptional service you deserve! There are 3 dentists at this site. Surgery is not performed at this location. To see if a dentist is board certified visit www.abgd.org....

07/27/2017

lauren L.

I give them an A over all for everything. I had a couple of cavities and a broken crown and they had to do a bunch of work on it. They sat down and went through every last thing. They showed me what insurance was going to cover and not going to cover so that I was not surprised. They do not start the work until they talk to you about it. I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
They are my regular dentist now. I go for my 6 month cleanings.

06/15/2017

Helen H.

It was a good experience, they’re just very expensive. So, it’s hard to get all the work done there. As far as convenience with their hours and everything, it’s very good. They’re open 7 days a week. You really can’t beat that. That was the convenience of them really and the place is very clean. The overall “B” is only because of the cost. Other than that, like the service and the people, they were all very nice. They were good. The office is very clean, very pleasant. I would use them again, I just have to save money.

05/17/2016

lauren L.

I wish there was an "A+" option for these wonderful dentists. I came in originally for a check up. Dr. Rosenfeld was extremely pleasant, diagnosed me with some cavities, and recommended a follow up for the repairs with crowns. I elected to have them done piecemeal so that my entire jaw wouldn't be numbed. The staff was extremely sensitive and helpful in planning out my dental care. We talked finances up front so there were no surprises. They were very accommodating with my schedule. I had half of the work done on one side of my mouth. Unfortunately I had an unrelated tooth chip and had to come in earlier than planned for the rest of my services. This was actually on the same side I was scheduled to have the rest of my cavities worked on. I am happy to report on short notice and emergencies everyone is equally as pleasant and helpful. Additionally the crowns that were applied are fantastic. I have nothing but praise for Drs Rosenfeld, Boerger, Henner and their hygienists and assistants who made the experience go so smoothly. I wholeheartedly recommend them to family and friends.

Description of Work
Routine then emergency work- with crowns

Category dentists, periodontics

02/23/2016

Toni S.

They are professional and great bedside manner.

Description of Work
annual visit and great service.

Category dentists

Thank you so much for the kind words about our office. We appreciate it!

06/22/2015

claire L.

Description of Work
I required dental work that needed to be done over several visits. Appointments were readily available. The staff was friendly and always pleasant. The dental work I had done I am very satisfied with and I will continue to use their services.

05/01/2015

Janet M.

I came in for new dentures. However, dentist advised since dentures only 9 months old to go back to original dentist and ask for repair or replacement. I was impressed because she could have made dentures, Instead she took time to discuss that dentures should last 5 years, it was clean break in denture, must be defective, etc. I felt she had my interest at heart.

Description of Work
Dentures split in half

Category dentists, cosmetic dentist, dentures

We are so happy that your experience in our office was a great one. We are very proud of our doctors and will pass along the compliment.

01/01/2015

Frank C.

The dental was new with modern day dental equipment ,, three visits and work was complete

Description of Work
Top molar came out ,, Dds suggested a rebuilt crown or ceramic bridgework , Dds was very confident of the work performed

Category dentists

Thank you so much for the great review!

09/08/2014

Reasey W.

Oh my gosh I wish I had known about this place years ago. I ams o happy I found them. They were on time, very polite, and most importantly releived me of the pain I was in. There was some discomfort but that was not there fault. They worked on and around this issue and I have not been in pain since. My husband and children go for their 6 month check up as well. We will continue to rave about them.

Description of Work
It's been a long time since I have had work done on my teeth due to my negative expierences in the past. But because of the pain I have been experiencing recently I was forced (by pain) to get the work done.

Category dentists

Thank you so much for your kind words!

07/14/2014

Cheryl F.

The examination went well, the Dental Hygienist was excellent. I was x-rayed, photographed and also cleaned. Everyone was extremely friendly. The Dentist then developed an exstensive treatment plan. I will not be using their services though because of cost. I did not plan on spending $27,000 on my teeth ($63,000 without my dental coverage). I was excited about using their services until I received the estimate.

Description of Work
I had an initial examination.

06/28/2014

06/25/2014

Laurie D.

They saw me that day eventhough I was a new patient. Staff was very friendly, dentist was extra cautious so as not to cause further pain and referred me to a TMJ specialist. I will definitely go back for regular cleanings once my jaw is better and able to handle it. There were people checking out who were amazed that they felt no pain. Will update review once I have a teeth cleaning etc...

Description of Work
Had sudden difficulty opening my jaw

06/23/2014

Nicole N.

The staff was very friendly and even though he was unable to pull my tooth he sent me to an oral surgeon right away and got me in to see them right after I left his office. Great experience at both places.

Description of Work
Went there for a cracked tooth. The staff was very helpful.

06/19/2014

Christopher F.

When I first arrived I waited 10 extra minutes to be taken back to the room. I met with the oral hygienist that did a very thorough job of cleaning my teeth. She went over proper flossing techniques and educated me on tooth bone loss. The dentist came in at the end to inspect my teeth and we talked about teeth whitening which I may do in the future. I would come here again.

Description of Work
I had my routine dental cleaning and was seen by the oral hygienist The Dentist came in afterwards to check the X-rays.

05/22/2014

Jaime B.

They were good, very nice and professional. They were both efficient, made things pretty clear, they have the latest equipment and they move things along pretty well. The dentist and the oral surgeon were well equipped. They were busy but they were pretty aggressive as far as fitting you in and getting things done and they were good like that. They let me know when and what and they called me to let me know. They were friendly and I have confidence in them.

Description of Work
East Islip Dental Care did two sets of x-rays and consultations for me. They were suppose to do dentures and implants but I postponed it.

Category cosmetic dentist

03/20/2014

DEBBIE W.

They are very good. They are good overall. Everyone is nice, everyone is helpful.

Description of Work
I use East Islip Dental Care for primary dentistry.

Category dentists

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our practice.

03/19/2014

David L.

They are good. They have a very nice staff. The doctor is a little chatty but he is okay.

Description of Work
I had my root canal done at East Islip Dental Care.

Category oral surgeons, cosmetic dentist

12/12/2013

Anita-Eve P.

Upon my first visit with Dr Rosenfeld, who basically 'rebuilt my smile', I was a 'Dental Phobic' for MANY YEARS and after MANY DENTISTS! First off, the immaculate pleasant atmosphere really impressed me. Top notch, SUPER CLEAN equipment, rooms and staff - all EXTREMELY attentive and highly trained - SUPER CARING SWEET STAFF.. I was floored! I had a lot of necessary work done that I had put off for waaay too long and thought I was in for a painful ride by any Dentist, however the technicians as well as Dr Rosenfeld do everything within their power to make you feel so very comfortable, and ease and my procedures were 99.9% pain free. I had severe gum sensitivity after all of these years of neglect and yet felt no pain what-so-ever. I'm still amazed and have actually befriended the loyal staff. The technicians work so closely with Dr Rosenfeld they are 'preped' as he works as if they already know his next move. I too was impressed when Dr Rosenfeld had mentioned that upon his daily walk he was contemplating my case! He's so thoughtful and caring he even thinks of you on his personal time attaining the best results for each patient. This shows me he truly loves what he does.- and he cares. I'm so extremely enthralled with the end result. I LOVE my smile now and get so many compliments! The look is so very natural. I can't say enough about Dr. Rosenfeld and his technicians. Wow. Phenominal. I hope he has no plans of retiring... ever! LOL! I'm a patient of his for life - and now my husband is too!

Description of Work
After years of neglect and 'Dental Phobia' I had ground down my teeth (bruxism) so far that I would literally cover my mouth to smile. Years of decay and procrastination due to past experiences with Dentists and their staffs had kept me from receiving treatment I so desperately needed - not only due to pain and cosmetics, but also for health reasons. Since I'm a bit older I worry about heart health associated with neglecting ones dental health.

Category endodontics, dentists, pediatric dentist, cosmetic dentist, dentures

10/16/2013

Amazing dentist and staff. Office is state of the art, new and super clean. Both dentists and staff are professional, friendly, caring.

Description of Work
general dentistry work, fillings/crown

Category dentists

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to evaluate our services. I will share this review with all our team members.

08/12/2013

carole S.

Everything went smooth.

Description of Work
Had a cap put on my tooth

06/30/2013

carole S.

The experience was as pleasant as it possibly can be going to the dentist which is not one of my favorite things. The staff was very friendly, everything was explained to me as to what was suggested to be done. The office atmosphere was bright and cheery with a tv in the procedure room. I would definitely recommend this dental practice.

Description of Work
I broke a tooth and was searching to find a new dentist.

06/06/2013

Beth C.

They go over the course prior to doing anything, so you are aware of funds as to what you are going to have to pay out of pocket and what the insurance will pay. They write it all out for you.

Description of Work
My kids have used East Islip Dental Care.

Category pediatric dentist

05/24/2013

David L.

East Islip Dental Care are very clean, very organized, and very well kept. The people were nice, the women were nice, and the dentists was nice.

Description of Work
I go to East Islip Dental Care for dental services.

10/22/2012

Jay M.

They walked me though the pricing options & payment. Which was really nice since I don't have insurance... I went for a discount plan that includes two free cleanings & xrays.

Description of Work
I went in to get extractions done & some fillings. The staff was super nice & pretty ! Lol. The dentist himself was cool & thoughtful.

05/30/2012

Carole K.

, Dr. Rosenfeld explained what needed to be done. He replaced the cracked filling and then the tooth needed to be capped. He took about 3 impressions and gave me a temporary cap. He sent out the bridge to be fitted to the new permanent cap and it was back in 5 days. When I returned for the next appointment, he removed the temporary cap and place the new one in and it fitted perfectly with the bridge. At no time was I in any pain during the procedures and when I needed the tooth to be numbed, I never even felt the needle. He made me feel very comfortable as well as his assistant . The office staff is friendly and helpful. The office is very modern and spotless. I definitely recommend Dr. Gary Rosenfeld. If you don't have insurance, he also has an easy payment plan.

Description of Work
I asked Dr. Gary Rosenfeld to see why one tooth was causing me pain while I was eating. He did so and with an x-ray, found the filling was cracked. This tooth happened to be the support of my bridge.

Category dentists, cosmetic dentist

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are very proud of our amazing staff.

05/02/2012

Betty S.

First I would like to say that I have been terrified of the dentist all my life. I have been to many different offices mostly on an emergency basis when I had no choice. Of course my experiences have all been bad. Last dentist I went to was in Bayshore about two years ago and that was a horrible experience. I went for a root canal and the dentist there actually screamed at me when he saw me crying. I never went back. So I received a card in the mail from this new dental office in my home town of East Islip and decided to check them out. My first visit there I met Shawn Marie (I hope that is the right spelling). She is the hygienist. She is absolutely the best I have ever been to. She loves her profession and it shows in everything she does. She is so mild mannered and calm and so nice that makes you feel comfortable and relaxed. Shawn Marie did my xrays and measured my gums. Then Dr. Rosenfeld came to see me and looked at the xrays. He is the nicest person and the same mild manner. I think he is from the MidWest. What a nice dentist. Anyhow, I went back for my deep cleaning as Shawn Marie calls it. I was so pleasantly surprised. Did not use any kind of anesthesia, except for a numbing cream and did not feel any pain at all. This last month when I went back for the check up I told Shawn Marie that that office was the only dentist I have ever been to that I feel good going to. The entire staff is very professional. Everything is explained in detail. They premises are super clean. Very prompt with your appointments. I like that they use their website to schedule appointments, and use text messages to remind you. They also have the state of the art equipment. I recommend them highly. You will not be disappointed.

Description of Work
This was my six month check up after my last appointment in December 2011. Back in December I did a gum treatment/cleaning. Deep Root cleaning that I had never had before.

Category dentists, periodontics

Thank you so much for your glowing review. It is so nice to be appreciated. I will pass on your kind words to Shaune Marie and Dr. Rosenfeld, as well as the rest of the staff.
    Dentistry - General
    Dentistry - Cosmetic
    Dentistry - Dentures/Prosthodontics
    Dentistry - Pediatrics
    Dentistry - Gum Care/Periodontics
    Dentistry - Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
    Dentistry - Root Canals/Endodontics

General dentistry - periodontal, oral care, gum, scaling & root planning, X-rays & hygiene, fillings, root canals & extractions, crowns, bridges, full & partial dentures, dental implants, cosmetic dentistry procedures & teeth whitening