Barry Best Seamless Gutters & Gutter Helmet

Founded 1989 • With Angi since August 2008

PO Box 540

Chittenago, NY 13037

Barry Best Seamless Gutters was started by Jon and Kelly Barry over 32 years ago, and it has grown to become one of the most respected seamless gutter, Gutter Helmet, and awning providers in the area. Together, they have continued to own and operate the company, and have brought aboard a team of certified, knowledgeable installers. Together, this team has provided services to various families, installing awnings, Gutter Helmet, and seamless gutters in Fayetteville NY, and the neighboring communities....

gutter repair (81)gutter cleaning (10)awnings (3)

07/21/2021

The service was great. I called the office manager , very polite, she explained to me what needs to be done. The guy who did the estimate was very polite , he answered all my questions. They were all polite and professional. No complaints at all. I recommend them to anybody.

Description of Work
Installed seamless gutters

Work Completed On 08/24/2020

07/21/2021

My wife was so pleased with their work, they came on time, the pricing was fair, they didn't try to up charge, they stuck to their quote and they didn't leave a mess. They were very respectful to her when she have questions.

Description of Work
They put gutters on the house.

Work Completed On 07/14/2021

07/21/2021

The work is excellent, the product is good quality and the service was great. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Seamless gutters

Work Completed On 06/21/2021

Thank you for the great review! It was a pleasure to work for you. ~Holly Westcott, Office Manager

01/30/2020

Had a 20' Awning installed over our patio area. It's now a beautiful space that we can enjoy even on the hottest of days! Thanks to Jon & the rest of the Barry Best crew!

Description of Work
Retractable Patio Awning

Category awnings

Work Completed On 07/20/2021

10/29/2019

They never called us. We received an email over a week later that they do not maintain whatever email address is provided with your list and couldn't get to us for 6 months. We only wanted an estimate at this time and understood there'd be a delay in scheduling the work. Clearly they didn't want the work.

Description of Work
gutter repair and some replacement

Work Completed On 10/29/2019

I am so sorry for the mis-communication. We DO correspond with our email address several times throughout the day-however the Angie's List account is not something that we have the time to log into and check every single day, especially during our busiest times. Our response to you was only letting you know ahead of time where we were at with our installation schedule for your benefit. We would have loved the opportunity to give you an estimate and to earn your business. But if it's something that you need done right away- our schedule would not be able to accommodate that. That is all our email was implying. If you would reconsider by giving us another chance, please call me today at 315-697-5000 so that we can set up an appointment for an estimate next week. ~Holly Westcott, Office Manager

07/09/2018

Excellent quality service for a great price.

Description of Work
Full gutter installation.

Work Completed On 06/01/2018

The best compliment a company can receive is a good review! Thanks again!

11/15/2017

They were good. They were on schedule and on price. That's the most I could ask for. They were good guys.

Description of Work
They put gutters on.

Work Completed On 08/15/2017

Thank you so much for the review, we are pleased that you are happy!

11/07/2017

They were prompt, efficient and professional. It has been raining for several days, very heavy at times and we have not had as much as a drip over or under the edge of our gutters. Barry Best did not try to sell us the "newest, fanciest or most expensive" they simply solved our problem.

Description of Work
We had gutter problems with rushing overflows and slow leakage that were causing problems with our foundation in both front and back of our home.

Work Completed On 11/07/2017

Thank you so much for the review [Member Name Removed], we strive to please!

10/01/2017

They had done a reasonable job at my previous house, a very large center hall colonial, and I expected the same at my much smaller, one-story home. I specifically stated that the downspouts were clogged and had to be removed and cleaned. That was not done, even though I was charged for it, because the gutter overflowed with the next rain. When I complained, the owner told me that it was the fault of the pipe that the downspout drained into and that she would have to have them tear out a portion of my driveway and reroute the drain pipe. Quite an expensive ordeal. Fortunately, a family member was visiting and double-checked the downspout for me. Gee, it was totally packed with leaves and debris. I am sure it was an oversight and that they wouldn't have intentionally tried to trick someone into a large expense. I am now working with another company with whom I can feel more confident.

Description of Work
Simple gutter cleaning on a small ranch style house

Category gutter cleaning

Work Completed On 10/01/2017

Dear [Member Name Removed], I am so sorry to hear about this happening to you. I do have record of us doing some work for you back in 2010, however I am having trouble locating a more recent work order for you and some of your claims are confusing to me. You say the work was completed on Oct 1st, 2017. That is a Sunday and we don't work on Sundays. Also the "owner" who told you that your driveway would have to be dug up and to re-route the underground pipe is a "HE" not a "SHE". And we don't offer any underground services, therefore we would never "try" and trick you into paying for that because we don't even do that sore of thing! If you would be so kind as to call me I would really appreciate it. Again I am very sorry about this. Obviously there is a misunderstanding somewhere, please call me so that I can help straighten things out. [Phone Number Removed]. We are open 9a-5p Monday-Friday. Holly Westcott, Office Manager

08/09/2017

Excellent. Very professional. Did not over sell us. Did what they said they would do for the price they estimated in the time frame they promised. The work provided the solution we needed.

Description of Work
Repairs to existing gutters and downspouts.

Work Completed On 04/12/2016

Seamless Gutter Installation. Gutter Helmet Installation. Retractable Patio Awnings. Helmet Heat- Ice reduction system.

Gutter repair or cleaning, roof cleaning, window cleaning, power washing. Fascia or Soffit Repair. PVC, or any underground drainage. Window, door or stationary metal awnings. We also do not install products previously purchased by customers; including awnings, gutters and gutter covers.

MasterCard, Discover, Check, Visa, Financing Available, American Express