The Smile Zone

Founded 1975 • With Angi since October 2008

576 Sand Creek Rd

Albany, NY 12205

Here at the Smile Zone our doctors and staff strive to foster a friendly, positive, professional, family oriented dental office environment. We are committed to maintaining the highest ethical, moral and professional dental standards possible. We will always treat every patient with respect and in a caring, concerned, and empathetic manner regardless of the situation....

07/04/2017

mila T.

Great staff, on time , very attentive

Description of Work
Annual exam, X-rays , cleaning and fillings

01/26/2017

Susan P.

They had to refer me to another dentist (dental surgeon). He was really far out so I didn't get to see him. However the X ray went fine, it was perfect.

Description of Work
Consultation and x Ray

Category adult day care,denture labs

12/29/2016

Lindsey M.

I am someone who does not like going to the dentist, but Dr. Schumer and all the staff (from the front desk to all the staff in the back) are excellent! Friendly, gentle, and they do a great job putting my mind at ease. Dr. Schumer is a conservative dentist, which means they'll do anything to avoid invasive drilling, which is great. They are always able to answer any billing/insurance questions I have as well.

Description of Work
Routine cleaning, 2 fillings

09/13/2016

Michelle S.

Procedure went very well. The dentist put me at ease and was very knowledgable. I would highly recommend this practice for dental services.

Description of Work
Bone fragment had to be removed

03/22/2016

Phyllis C.

I having been using this practice since 2/15. I continue receiving excellent care from Dr. Schumer and the hygienists.

Description of Work
I had recently moved to the Albany area and needed a dentist . thanks to angie's list I found Dr. Schumer (the Smile Zone). He is wonderful dentist with an incredible "bedside" manner. In fact, his positive attitude creates a wonderul environment in this practice. Everyone, hygienists, assistants, receptionists and billing , are open and easy to communicate with. they are also, each of them talented professionals who take their jobs very seriously.

02/28/2016

Jeff N.

Excellent. They were wonderful. They told me everything they were doing along the way to doing my filling. I was suppose to have 2 teeth filled but after drilling the first they got a better look at the second tooth and determined a filling was not needed. They are the best I've been to. My wife loves them too.

Description of Work
I had a cleaning in January and had a filling done on the 25.

Category dentists,cosmetic dentist

01/15/2016

Phil S.

On time. Friendly. Introduced to other staff as this was a first visit. I'm almost looking forward to going to the dentist in the future.

Description of Work
Routine cleaning and exam

01/01/2016

Jeanne S.

Very well. Dr Schumer is very professional and competent. He is especially good at giving novocaine shots. He also makes his patients feel comfortable and making the procedures low stress.

Description of Work
I have had and dental implant and fillings done by Dr. Schumer. He is excellent.

Category dentists,periodontics,cosmetic dentist,dentures

03/25/2015

It was fine. They are a wonderful group. I have no complaints about them. People who would go to him would expect a friendly atmosphere, a friendly receptionist, and the treatment. They are going to receive everything. It's a great office. They also see children. He is on top of things. He has 2 other dentists that practice with him. One can do some more work but they also know their limits. When they know that they can't do it internally in their office, they will recommend me to the correct specialist. I have recommended them to others and they were pleased with what they got. With every dentistry, availability is a problem. General cleaning should be at least 2 months out. Their schedule gets plugged pretty quickly.

Description of Work
I went to Dr. Charles Tramontana for a routine cleaning. His website is called Dr. T Smilebone.

03/03/2015

Margaret R.

I like them because they're friendly. I also like the quick service and the clean facilities. They spend time and they're reasonable. I would absolutely use them in the future.

Description of Work
I go to The Smile Zone for cleaning.

11/04/2014

Nancy W.

Excellent as it always is !

Description of Work
I've been going to this office for yrs. now & Pd. Out of pocket before I had ins. I can't say enough about them . I would highly recommend this group for any & all dental work !

10/14/2014

Taryn P.

My hygentist Liz, who is the sweetest person does a wonderful job. She is very caring, always make sure she is not hurting you, and makes me laugh. She even was super accommodating and very interactive when I had to bring one of my young children with me.

Description of Work
6 month dental check up and yearly Xrays

09/26/2014

I have been using their services for about 15 years. They are very professional and the prices are reasonable. The equipment is all up to date and the place is spotless. It’s always a good experience. They have done root canals, crowns, and other services for my wife and I. When you are in the chair, he tells you every little thing he is going to do so there are no surprises and it’s very rare to feel any pain what-so-ever, no matter the problem!

Description of Work
This is my dentist.

Category endodontics,dentists

07/07/2014

Ann B.

The front desk staff are always friendly. The dentist explained in detail why he would not be able to do the procedure here and that he would send me to Capital District Oral and Maxo. They checked with my dental insurance before I left to make sure my dental insurance would cover part of the procedure.

Description of Work
To discuss removing 1 of my teeth.

06/16/2014

Imran A.

They were very friendly and accommodating. Couldn't ask for better service.

Description of Work
I went for a cleaning and whitening. They were very friendly and accommodating. Couldn't ask for better service.

Category dentists,cosmetic dentist

06/15/2014

judith C.

SmileZone accepts my dental coverage and was able to get an appointment for me without a long wait period. That is a plus in itself. All of the staff (from reception area to hygenist to dentist) were all quite pleasant. The cap that had fallen out has been temporarily put in place without any issues. Will be needing some bone removed to make room for a deeper cap since the current cap is too shallow and has fallen out twice now. Dentist explained all that will need to be done...from prep-work to replacement...how one type of cap is better compared to another type. This type of information was very helpful to me. My next appointment for a cleaning and prep-work for the replacement cap is early next month...not weeks or months from now. Very grateful for getting my second cleaning for the year and help with my cap in a timely manner. Would definitely recommend SmileZone to my family, friends and co-workers.

Description of Work
Former dentist no longer accepts my dental insurance. Needed a cap put back in...and will eventually replace after insurance company sends notification of replacement coverage.

05/31/2014

deborah K.

was very pleasant staff very friendly was seen in a timely manner very punctual if you are 2 or 3 minutes late they will try to reach you to see if you are still coming my partials were made in a very short period of time they take a lot of care in trying to get the fit right and make my partials comfortable it take about 2 visit for it to fix to my perfection would recommend to any and everyone you get perfect quality care

Description of Work
had an appointment for cleaning a new bottom partials

02/21/2014

Judy B.

I like them. I can get in right away and I don’t have to wait. They are very pleasant and they do a good job. The office and the staff members are very nice. It’s clean, modern, shiny and bright. It’s really nice.

Description of Work
I use Smile Zone-Dental Clinic for general dental services.

12/05/2012

anne H.

I was seen the same morning that I called and a root canal was started

Description of Work
tooth pain

Category dentists,oral surgeons

05/30/2012

The facilities are extremely up to date, and very well kept. Everybody that works there is very, very nice. They try to pair the same hygienist with the patent every time, to encourage familiarity. That is the first time I've experienced that concept. The staff is very knowledgeable, and up to date, including the admitting staff and the insurance person..

Description of Work
Dr. Tramontana is my general dentist. I saw him about a year ago. I had a cleaning and treatment for TMJ symptoms.

Category dentists,tmj

04/09/2012

I have been using him for years. He is great. In the company I work for, there are couple of 100 people and I would say 20 of them went to him too and they all love him. For the most part, I spend a lot of time with dental assistants; I will be speaking to them how they are trained and the like and they are very well trained. He did some laser surgery on me last year and was very quick to identify the need and to schedule me and took care of it. I had not had a problem with it since. I have spent so many years and there has never been an issue. They are always available for appointment. It is a big dental facility. He has got probably about 8 rooms going at a time. He has got dental assistants and every one of those. If I have a scheduled appointment, they take me in as soon as I get there practically; I mean I may just wait for 5 minutes while they call their dental assistant to come out and get me in. They have a friendly office staff. They are excellent in all respects. The treatment cost is covered under my health plan, so it goes back to them and they'll take care of it for doctor's payment; so I just have to do the copay on the way out. I will continue to use this provider again in the future.

Description of Work
Dr. Tramontana is my dentist.

03/21/2012

Dr. Charles M. Tramontana I have been going to Dr. Tramontana, for years and it is a wonderful practice.

Description of Work
Dr. Charles M. Tramontana - Dentistry - General I last visited Dr. Tramontana, about 2 months ago.

01/18/2012

We've been going to him since 1984. He has treated my sons and me over that period of time. He has always been very fair about the fees. He is very honest and extremely professional. If he makes a mistake he owns it and makes good on it, and it's rare for him to make a mistake. He has always given me very good references whenever I've needed to see specialists. I like him a lot. I have recommended him to all my friends.

Description of Work
Dr. Tramontana is our dentist. I last went to him for a cleaning and exam.

08/18/2011

Description of Work
Reason for appointment: yearly cleaning and exam The provider provided the yearly exam and was extremely thorough and professional. He spoke about preventative care and about areas that needed to be watched or needed extra work when cleaning. He pointed out areas of interest that needed to be given extra attention. He is very professional and I was extremely pleased with his service.

Category endodontics,dentists

05/03/2011

He is very good. He did fit me with a set of lower dentures that did not fit. I do believe there is not much in the back for the denture to hold on to which may be a factor here. Other than that, I have had very good experiences with him. He did extensive work for me and is very professional .

Description of Work
I went to him for oral surgery.

Category dentists,oral surgeons

Dentistry - TMJ
    Dentistry - Denture Labs
    Dentistry - Dentures/Prosthodontics
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Financing

Family Dentistry - Root Canals, Oral Surgery, Implants, Dentures, Crown & Bridgework, Orthodontics. Sleep Apnea.

Medicaid & General Anesthesia.