Crisafulli Bros Plumbing & Heating Contractors Inc

Founded 1939 • With Angi since July 2006

25 INDUSTRIAL PARK RD

Albany, NY 12206

We pride ourselves on delivering unbeatable customer service. Our staff is professional, knowledgeable, and friendly and treats every job or project, no matter the size, with the “Red Carpet Treatment” it deserves. We strive to accommodate YOUR schedule, understanding that time is one of your most valuable assets. Crisafulli Bros is a New York State Certified Women's Business Enterprise (NYS WBE). Additional phone number (518) 288-5816. Additional email: cbi@crisbro.com....

03/09/2022

Anthony C.

Completely lied about a model hot water heater. Never changed two shut offs, yet bled lines in tenant apartments to be slick. Avoid these overpriced con artists.

Description of Work
Lied about part and work they never did

02/08/2021

Keith D.

Wow...this has gone down the tubes (pardon the pun). Waited for over two months with no updates to fix my water heater. Have been a red carpet customer for almost 10 years!!! Bought a new furnace from them last year!!! And they let me walk as customer, didn't even try to correct the problem. Stay away!!! Customer service sucks, not worth it.

Description of Work
Water heater fixed

Category appliance repair,water heater repair

10/20/2020

Michael S.

They serviced my furnace for the past 2 years, and they pretty good, they will be coming back soon for the maintenance and check of my furnace. They also repaired a plumbing problem for me from the basement and drained out the water.

Description of Work
Maintenance of the furnace

09/29/2020

R H.

Five years ago, We purchased a high end two stage furnace and central air system from Crisafulli , all at the salesman’s recommendation. We used their yearly service contract to check and maintain ( these contracts are questionable in value and Crisafulli is poor at renewal notifications). The system worked as expected for that period until an unusually warm stretch in August. Without warning, the furnace blower appeared to malfunction. It cycled on but would not run more than a minute or two. After trying some things in the troubleshooting section, we called Crisafulli. They came promptly but could not determine the cause of the malfunction. Apparently the tech had no experience with this two stage components. After four hours and a discussion with Rheem support, they decided to replace the circuit board and motor, not able to exactly determine the problem. This took a week to get parts. In the meantime I was able to self help on the Internet and determined the ECM module in the furnace blower was malfunctioning.Tech returned and Replaced that item first and the system fired up. I note that they are terrible on communication re service contracts and parts status. Rheem covered the part under warranty but I was still out 400 bucks for service and labor. Rheem has not fessed up about fragility of their ECM motors system after writing their CEO. The salesman should have been more diligent about evaluating our duct system for suitability for this system. Crisafulli repair Tech was punctual , friendly and neat. Firm is so so price- wise and and as previously noted, terrible on communication. Advise to stay away from these more complex systems unless there is a full evaluation of your entire duct system. Can’t recommend Rheem at all.

Description of Work
HVAC Repair

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. We do appreciate all feedback – both positive and negative – as it allows us to continually improve. We strive for our customers to be completely satisfied and do take all feedback seriously. We have elevated your situation to our Customer Service Manager who is looking into it further and will be reaching out to you over the next few days. Thank you again.

01/27/2020

JONATHAN H.

After initially paying for the year and having our tankless water heater inspected, we did not hear from Crisafuli again until a few days before our “contract” was due to expire. They claimed they called repeatedly over the year and left messages, but as I provided them with my cell number I know that I received no calls or voice messages. They scheduled me for a furnace visit (sorry about the AC, that needed to be done in the summer....). They said they’d call my cell 20-30 minutes before arriving, No call, no service. I called their customer service, was told a manager needed to speak with me, no call. Out at least a couple hundred dollars. I don’t recommend getting this service and even though they do reasonably good work, I can’t recommend the company because they are unprofessional and made no effort to correct this problem despite being paid.

Description of Work
Crisafuli offers a “Red Carpet” Service plan to provide routine inspection and maintenance of furnace, AC and water heater systems. This is a one year agreement where they will schedule you for visits at the appropriate time of year to perform the service.

09/05/2019

Brian T.

Very professional staff. The installers did a great job installing our new furnace and replacing the down draft

Description of Work
Replaced Furnace and down draft

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed] for sharing! We are thrilled to hear that you were so happy with the recent installation of your new furnace and down draft. We hope it brings you years of warmth and comfort! Thank you again and have a wonderful weekend!

04/26/2019

Teresa M.

Avoid them at all costs. We had a problem in the basement that shorted out the hot water heater. The guy from Crisafulli came ($89 minimum charge to come to the house) (I wasn't there but my adult daughter was), The guy called me at work and said he checked the serial number on the water heater and it was more than 9 years old and should be replaced. But the water heater is only 3 1/2 years old. I told him I still have the receipt. "Oh, it must have been in a warehouse for a long time." Sure. Then he tells me the boiler isn't working either. I told him the boiler is just 3 months old so what's wrong with it? To find out will be $107 for a diagnostic fee, but if I pay $399 for "red carpet service" they will waive diagnostic fees. I pass on the red carpet service. Less than 5 minutes later my daughter tells me the guy came upstairs and apparently he diagnosed that someone had accidentally shut off the natural gas switch to the boiler. So I'm already up to $200, he's only been in the house for 15 minutes and I still don't know what's wrong with the water heater. I asked him how he can charge $107 to "diagnose" that the natural gas switch has been turned off to the boiler and he says "he doesn't work for free." What about the $89 service fee - he says that's the cost to get a "qualified professional" to pull in the driveway. Lucky me. He leaves an estimate for $1450 to replace the hot water heater. Another plumber came the next day from (NOT CRISAFULLI) and replaced the water heater for $750. Imagine that - no service charges, no diagnostic fees and no one telling me 10 times that if I purchased the "red carpet" service I could have saved 10%. Ten percent off is still 100 times more than they're worth. Stay away from them.

Description of Work
Hot water heater would not light

Category water heater repair

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed] for bringing this to our attention. While this is certainly not the type of feedback we like or expect, we do appreciate all feedback, both positive and negative, as it allows us to continually improve. We strive for our customers to be completely satisfied and do take all feedback seriously. We have elevated your situation to our Customer Service Manager who is looking into it further and will be reaching out to you over the next few days to address your experience. Thank you again.

05/11/2018

Michele C.

It's always great, they are wonderful. We use them for all of our heating and plumbing needs.

Description of Work
They did some zone replacement valves for our hot water baseboard heat.

05/01/2018

Edward M.

Tech was very professional and did the job correctly the first time.

Description of Work
Fixed leaky baseboard hot water line

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,plumbing

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for sharing your experience! Ensuring customer satisfaction is our goal and we are happy to hear our technician provided you with Red Carpet service. Thank you again!

03/17/2018

matthew L.

Crisafelli plumber is a well known company in our area. I saw their trucks all over the neighborhood. When a family friend who was a plumber said they would not be available for days I called Crisafelli to see if they could help. I feel like I helped them make the quickest $90 they have ever made. They sent a tech to my home who was 2 hours late and smelled horribly of cigarette smoke. He looked at the pipe and stated, "this is going to be a major job!" He went outside to the truck to get me a quote. Not sure if he just wanted to make $90 for 20 minutes of looking at a pipe and not do any work or if their prices are just really high but I was quoted close to $2000 to repair a single leak in a copper pipe and replace an 8 foot section of pipe. I know the job would have required draining the heating system, do the work, and refill then bleed the system but the price just seemed outrageous for the work involved. Another local plumber came to the house for free, quoted me half that, and was willing to throw in additional work on our boiler while still being half the price. I am sure this company has technicians who do great work but their prices are just too high. I expect to pay for quality service but this just seemed like robbery.

Description of Work
Replace Hot water head pipe and repair copper pipes

02/19/2018

Joanne K.

I had Crisafulli install a new furnace on January 10th. They were very efficient and had me scheduled for the installation within two days of signing the contract. They were very easy to work with from start to finish. The workers arrived right on time and had the work completed by mid-afternoon. They did a nice job of cleaning up and spent time explaining the furnace and the new thermostat to me.

Description of Work
Had New Furnace Installed

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed], Thank you so much taking the time to share! We are so happy to hear that you had such a good experience with the installation and that the team was able to help you become familiar with your new furnace and thermostat. We hope you enjoy many years of warmth! Thank you again! Crisafulli Bros.

02/08/2018

Maria H.

I was initially very disappointed with the plumbing work Crisafulli Bros. Plumbing & Heating Contractors provided and their unwillingness to stand behind their warranty agreement; under the pretense that the warranty was not transferable as it had been paid by the previous property owner. However, after numerous calls and long conversations with management and the vice president, a technician returned to the property on February 8, 2018 to review the issue. On February 8, 2018 the technician arrived as scheduled. Upon investigation, he determined that the issue was related to the work performed on November 30. 2017 and December 21, 2017, he then proceeded to correct the repair within the terms of the warranty with Mr. Alan A’s, approval. Timothy was professional, patient, and diligent with his work. He took his time and ensured that the line was completely soldered before leaving. Most importantly he completed the job efficiently properly. Overall, I'm pleased the issue was resolved. They stood by their work and did exactly what they said they would. I hope they keep up this level of service to all their customers. Thank you!

Description of Work
plumbing work

Category plumbing

[Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for taking the time to share your most recent experience with us! It is our goal to ensure you are 100% satisfied and we are thrilled to hear that Timothy was able to diagnose the issue, we could rectify any concerns with the warranty and that Timothy was able to repair the problem so efficiently. We will be sure to let him know! Thank you again for working with us through this and we very much look forward to providing you with the level of service you received from Timothy.

01/22/2018

Margot T.

Went very well. The person was very respectful of my house, explained the process, started and ended when he said he would. I'd easily hire him again.

Description of Work
Cleaning of metal air ducts.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,air duct cleaning

01/22/2018

Maria H.

Crisafulli Brothers de-winterized and repaired plumbing issues on our property to get it ready for closing. Less than a week later, I discovered that the pressure relief valve in the main water pipe they replaced was leaking as this had not been properly installed. I called them right away. After a couple of weeks of waiting, I was able get in contact with one of their managers. Their response was I needed to pay they over $500 for the service if I wanted their mistake fixed. I told them this was ridiculous as it was clearly an issue that had been caused (or left unfixed) by them on December 21. He stated that although there was that possibility. The labor warranty is not transferable. That the bill was paid by the previous owner, and the warranty was voided when the property sold. I told them that they even gave us written confirmation that everything was in working order. He said, “we can come out and repair, but it will not be under the warranty” Crisafulli claims their customer service is their priority. In my experience, you are their priority when they are taking your money and nothing goes wrong. Their customer service does not include standing by their workmanship. They don’t care about the quality of their work, because they can void their labor warranty under any excuse. Crisafulli brothers know how to make money. They incompletely fix things and say that they are fixed. They charge extremely high rates for very poor service, and then charge time and a half to re-fix them. (Thanks Crisafulli brothers!! ) I certainly wouldn't recommend using this company if they think so little of customers.

Description of Work
Plumbing work

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,plumbing

[Member Name Removed], I know our technician was out with you earlier today and I wanted to be sure that all of your concerns have been addressed and you are 100% satisfied with the service you were provided. If you have any questions or concerns, please give me a call at 518-449-1782. Thank you, Stephanie Pistana Customer Service Manager

12/21/2017

Ken E.

Jeff was excellent. Although we were his last customer for the day, he treated us as if we were his first. When he arrived, he asked what was going on and explained all of our options. He then proceeded to fix our toilets and faucet, taking the time to explain what was going on in each case While it was the end of the day, Jeff took his time and was very thorough. He was both personable and professional. We also had a nice talk about music before he left since we both have daughters who are musicians. In a few words, we were very pleased and our toilets and faucet are working fine again

Description of Work
Our faucet was leaking and our toilets continued to run after flushing

Category plumbing

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for sharing such wonderful feedback with us! We will be sure to pass your kind words along to Jeff. We are very lucky to have him on our team. Thank you for putting your trust in us. Have a safe and happy holiday season, Crisafulli Bros

11/15/2017

Barbara O.

Very well! Tasks were completed successfully in a timely manner. Worksite was left cleaner than it was originally.

Description of Work
Maintenance service for furnace.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for the wonderful review. We are happy to hear that you are pleased with the maintenance work on your furnace. Our team takes great pride in the work they do and will be thrilled to hear such good feedback. Thank you for putting your trust in us. Have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving, Crisafulli Bros.

10/29/2017

June G.

Following a mold remediation in the basement of my house I was advised to have the ductwork cleaned. I called Crisafulli Bros. and set up an appointment for an estimate. A comfort specialist came and explained the process as well as other options I might consider all of which were very expensive. I decided on just the basic cleaning and a week later Larry from Crisafulli came to do the work. He explained in detail what he was going to do before beginning the job. The cleaning took almost the entire day, Larry did a very thorough cleaning and was very careful when going through all the rooms in the house in order to access the registers. He also checked the heating before he left to make sure it was working properly. The equipment used included a HEPA filtered vacuum which helped to clean the exhausted air. I would recommend Crisafulli Bros. for air duct cleaning.

Description of Work
Air Duct Cleaning

Category air duct cleaning

Hello [Member Name Removed], Thank you for the wonderful review. We are glad to hear that you are pleased with the duct cleaning. Our team will be thrilled to hear such good feedback. They really take pride in the work they do. Thank you for putting your trust in us. All the best, Crisafulli Bros.

09/06/2017

JUDITH B.

We had some work done on our air conditioner last year, he is also our plumber. They serviced it and we have a contract with them to work on our A/C whenever necessary. They recharged and serviced it. I don't recall price. Quality is good. We've worked with them for years. They handle our plumbing, heating and A/C needs.

Description of Work
Recharged and serviced A/C

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your wonderful review and your recommendation .We're pleased that you had such a positive experience. Let us know if we can help you again in any way in the future! We are here for you 24/7. All the best, Crisafulli Bros.

08/25/2017

Nancy R.

Excellent!! My salesman Jerry Lyman was very professional and responsive. The price was fair for the work done. The two men who came to do the work were very competent and hard working. They explained everything they were doing and cleaned up every day. The A/C is very efficient and cools my house wonderfully. I am very pleased.

Description of Work
Had central air installed in my older house which did not have duct work in place. It was a complicated job..

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for taking the time to share such wonderful feedback with us. Making sure our customers are consistently provided with the Red Carpet Treatment they deserve is something we take pride in. We will be sure to pass your kind words along to Jerry. We are very lucky to have him in our team. Thank you for putting your trust in us. All the best, Crisafulli Bros.

08/21/2017

Donna B.

..............................................................................

Description of Work
........................................................................................

Eileen H.

They did fine work. I signed up for their "Red Carpet" service

Description of Work
Furnace tune-up A/C tune-up

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your wonderful review. We're pleased that you had such a positive experience. Let us know if we can help you again in any way in the future! We are here for you 24/7. All the best, Crisafulli Bros.

Eileen H.

fine! Very professional & very thorough. I signed up for their Red Carpet Service agreemen.

Description of Work
Furnace Tune-up and A/C tune-up

Donna E.

The work was well done. They had just instituted a new flat rate price system. I do think that increases the cost of the job. Even though the work was done well, it only took about an hour or so and cost $800.

Description of Work
I had to have plumbing to allow for additional drainage and water supply for a new dishwasher.

Category plumbing,drain cleaning

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you are pleased with the work that was done. Making sure our customers are consistently provided with the level of service they deserve is something that we take pride in. We took our over 75 years of experience and came up with a set price for everything we do that would allow us to provide reasonable rates while maintaining the prompt and professional service our customers deserve. I understand it's painful to deal with unexpected and unwanted prices. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to give me a call. Thank You, Stephanie Pistana Customer Service Manager Crisafulli Bros. 518-449-1782

07/31/2017

Louise B.

installation of new toilet went very well and all was cleaned up afterwards

Description of Work
toilet installation

Category plumbing

Thank you for your straight A review and your recommendation. It's our top priority to provide exceptional "Red Carpet Service" that makes you want to tell your friends and neighbors. Let us know if we can help you again in any way in the future! All the best, Crisafulli Bros.

07/29/2017

Angela R.

We are extremely satisfied with the service we received! Crisafulli Bros. worked very hard to understand our needs, and to find creative solutions for the challenges posed by this difficult project. They listened to us, and went out of their way to provide us with multiple options where possible. The work performed was very high quality! Crisafulli Bros. was very punctual, and kept a very neat work area. The end result is that we have an air conditioning system which is quiet and unobtrusive, Most importantly, we no longer fear hot weather! Our dog gives them the highest possible reviews as well!

Description of Work
Installation of a new air conditioning system in an existing home which was not previously air conditioned, including inspection of the home, design and specifications for the system, sourcing of all products and equipment, and installation. This was a difficult project, as the home did not have existing ducting.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are glad to hear that you are pleased with your new air conditioning system. Our HVAC install team will be thrilled to hear such great feedback. They really take pride in work they do. Enjoy the rest of the summer staying cool and we are happy to hear that your dogs are enjoying your new AC system as well. All the best, Crisafulli Bros.

Safewell Technologies, Inc.

Safewelltech is a licensed and insured well water contractor, certified pump installer and professional water treatment company. We are authorized dealers of high-quality products so that you can choose from a wide range of solutions not always offered by others. Contact us today for assistance with all your well water pump, tank, testing or treatment questions or needs. No job is too big or too small.

Fink Woodworks LLC

Offers by Fink Woodworks LLC on Angi
    Capital District Electric

Give Capital District Electric a call at (518) 573-1059 where no job is too big or too small. We do quality work, right the first time! Whenever you call Capital District Electric you will speak to a licensed electrician. Whenever you have us do your work it will be done by a licensed electrician not a helper or a electrician in training. We accept Checks, cash and all major credit cards. Additional email - capital.district.electrician@gmail.com.

Offers by Capital District Electric on Angi

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Crisafulli Bros Plumbing & Heating Contractors Inc

How is Crisafulli Bros Plumbing & Heating Contractors Inc overall rated?

Crisafulli Bros Plumbing & Heating Contractors Inc is currently rated 4.6 overall out of 5.

What days are Crisafulli Bros Plumbing & Heating Contractors Inc open?

Crisafulli Bros Plumbing & Heating Contractors Inc is open:

Sunday: Open All Day

Monday: Open All Day

Tuesday: Open All Day

Wednesday: Open All Day

Thursday: Open All Day

Friday: Open All Day

Saturday: Open All Day

What payment options does Crisafulli Bros Plumbing & Heating Contractors Inc provide

Crisafulli Bros Plumbing & Heating Contractors Inc accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Does Crisafulli Bros Plumbing & Heating Contractors Inc offer free estimates?

Yes, Crisafulli Bros Plumbing & Heating Contractors Inc offers free project estimates.

Does Crisafulli Bros Plumbing & Heating Contractors Inc offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, Crisafulli Bros Plumbing & Heating Contractors Inc offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Crisafulli Bros Plumbing & Heating Contractors Inc offer a senior discount?

No, Crisafulli Bros Plumbing & Heating Contractors Inc does not offer a senior discount.

Does Crisafulli Bros Plumbing & Heating Contractors Inc offer emergency services?

Yes, Crisafulli Bros Plumbing & Heating Contractors Inc offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by Crisafulli Bros Plumbing & Heating Contractors Inc?

Yes, Crisafulli Bros Plumbing & Heating Contractors Inc offers warranties.

What services does Crisafulli Bros Plumbing & Heating Contractors Inc offer?

Crisafulli Bros Plumbing & Heating Contractors Inc offers the following services: Plumbing, Drain Cleaning, Water Heaters, Heating & Air Conditioning, Water Softeners, Fireplaces, Sewer Cleaning, Ceiling Fans, Boilers, Heat Pumps, Humidifiers, Indoor Air Quality, Duct Cleaning & Sealing, Air Cleaners, Radiant Heat, Geothermal Products, Radiant Heat, Hybrid Heat, Tankless Water Heaters, Sump Pumps, Gas Line Services, Sewer & Water Line Replacement, Water Pressure, & Remodeling - Kitchen & Bathroom.