Pyramid Veterinary Hospital

Founded 1982 • With Angi since January 2010

2405 Pyramid Way

Sparks, NV 89436

Additional hours - By Appt from 9:00 AM....

05/04/2016

Arthur C.

Our cat Kitty was seen by another Vet on 04/21/2016 for booster shots and checkup. At home Kitty was drooling and having difficulty breathing. She would not eat or drink and hiding from us. I called the original vet and explained that Kitty was dying and need to get in soon. They said sorry but they could not see her until the middle of May and we felt she would be dead by then. They said sorry but they were very busy. We called several more vets but no one would help us. I then called Pyramid Veterinary Hospital and they said bring her in at 7:45 the next day even though we were not existing customers. After a sleepless night we got to the vet. They did an in depth checkup including x-rays . She had an upper respiratory infection and needed antibiotics and other treatments. Kitty is back to good health and I truly believe the staff and doctors at Pyramid Veterinary Hospital saved Kitties life. A few days later I delivered flowers to the staff and doctors at Pyramid Veterinary Hospital.

Description of Work
Checkup and emergency service.

08/04/2015

Category pet stores

Richard P.

Description of Work
removed cyst, mistreated my dog |. I went to another vet for follow up

Duane P.

Description of Work
My 18 year old cat had a stroke of some sort, they did there very best to save her and I thank them for that. She passed in mid or late Nov. of this year.

Christy C.

Description of Work
Our 6 month old puppy was treated for parvo and thanks to them she is up and doing well.

10/08/2014

Lorene P.

I took my cats here for years and was happy with their care but something changed. They added more veterinarians and I guess they were growing too fast because when my cat was sick and needed an ultrasound, the communication was very poor. The veterinarian, Dr. Gray, would communicate with me through the office staff rather than calling me directly. If, I had a question about a test or procedure, the office staff would ask Dr. Gray and then THEY would call me back. On the day of the ultrasound, I dropped my cat off in the morning and was told they would call me when the ultrasound was completed. I waited all day and finally at 5pm I called them only to be told I could come get her, she never had an ultrasound! When I picked my cat up, I asked Dr. Gray why she didn't call me when she knew my cat was not going to have the test after all and she didn't really have an answer. She just took it for granted that somebody else would have called. I wrote a letter to Dr. Meier because she is a vet and co-owner. I explained my frustration with this matter. Not only did I never receive an apology, I never even received a response! I now take my cats to Advanced Pet Care because they show genuine care for my cats and they appreciate my business (they sent me a thank you card).

Description of Work
My cat was sick with unknown cause and after several tests was scheduled for ultrasound.

09/15/2014

Stephanie B.

I was wonderfully happy with them and I've had them for years. They are wonderful, they have quality vets and they have great staff. I can't say enough about them. I've liked their knowledge, usually when you take an animal in it's just for check up but I've had animals that had problems and brought them in and they were able to find out what was wrong and it was great. I've been with them for a long time. They were very reasonable considering what they did.

Description of Work
I've used Pyramid Veterinary Hospital for animal boarding. It was a dental and tooth extraction.

06/16/2014

Peggy B.

They have been very good, personable and give good service. They took care of my cats well, but it is a little pricey.

Description of Work
Pyramid Veterinary Hospital is my veterinarian and they take care of my cats. I went in last week to pick up cat food.

06/24/2013

Peggy B.

Magic, my cat, was awake and ready to go home. He was hungry and I gave him some soft food. He is now putting on weight. The staff at Pyramid were very friendly but I waited over 15 min even with an appointment. I got before and after pictures of Magic's mouth and a detailed account of what the vet did for him.

Description of Work
The vet cleaned and extracted several teeth for my 14 year old cat. She gave me liquid medication for the pain and an antibiotic for the infection

03/05/2013

K C.

I've had pets my entire life and Dr. Marks and the staff at Pyramid Vet Clinic are by far the best! They gave me an estimate of services prior to my cats dental procedure and took me back to the area she would be housed until the procedure was performed. The procedure required anesthesia and when they didn't start on time they called me to let me know they would be delayed and that I shouldn't worry. They called me 3 more times during the day: after they had taken x-rays to confirm what needed to be done; after the procedure was done; and then finally to let me know when to pick my cat up. When we picked up our cat Dr. Marks had a file ready for us and explained exactly what she did...including pictures of the decay in our cats mouth and how to administer medications. The following day the office called to check and see how Lola was doing. Just fantastic service.

Description of Work
Domestic cat had tooth decay and required removal of several teeth.

11/14/2012

Duane P.

It went very well. For the first time ever my cat came home wide awake and alert, this has never happened before after a procedure.

Description of Work
My cat went to Hospital to have two of his Thyroid glands removed, his teeth cleaned and pulled as needed and his nails trimmed. Dr. Nesler D.V.M. called me right after removing the Thyroid glands to give me an update on my cats condition. An hour later his assistant called to update me on my cats dental surgery. All went well. When I picked my cat up at 4:30 PM, he was wide awake and looked great. These Doctors and their assistants really care about your pets. It shows in the way they treat you and your pet.

02/16/2012

Joan D M.

I really like the veterinarians there. They have several different veterinarians and I really like them all. They provide excellent quality service to my pets.

Description of Work
I took my dogs and cats in for shots and a check-up.

08/05/2011

Kelly R.

After a bad experience elsewhere, this hospital was a breath of fresh air. The staff was very friendly. The aide listened to my concerns and reassured me on the points I was concerned about. The Doctor was friendly, proffesional. She explained to me the one problem she found, a Luxating Patella on the rear right leg in a very clear manner. She also went over treatment options without sounding like she was pushing for an expensive procedure over other options. They treated my dog with compassion and care. It is little things that often count the most. The aide made sure that my nervous little Chihuahua was turned so as to be able to see me nearby as they gently held her for examination. The cost of the visit included a Bordatella Vaccine and six months of Heartworm treatments. I never had the feeling that they were just trying to sell me drugs the way that some Vets have done. I was very happy with my experience overall and would have no trouble recommending this hospital.

Description of Work
General examination, health assesment. Bordatella Vaccination. Six-month's Supply of Heartworm medication also purchased.

03/10/2011

Duane P.

It went quite well. They were very good with my pet.

Description of Work
General checkup for thyroid condition and blood pannel.

02/10/2011

john B.

It all went well.

Description of Work
We have had it all done here, from having a loving cat put down to getting our new boxer pup on the road to good health!!! Best Vet in Reno!!!

01/21/2010

John L.

This vet hospital has about six vets and I have been seen by four of them. All are competent, professional and caring, but I have decided on Dr. Janet Maker to try and have her be our primary vet. The Hospital is open five and one half days a week and with the multiple vets it is usually possible to get an appointment the same day, if necessary. From calling around and discussing vets with other dog owners I believe that Pyramid's charges fall in the middle of the range. Some individual vets may be cheaper but getting an appointment the same day is more difficult and they may not be open on weekends.

Description of Work
I have taken three dogs to Pyramid over the course of a year for various services beginning in February of 2009. The $297.00 cost was for neutering of an 18 month old male. He has also had all his shots and had surgery for an ingested foxtail. The foxtail required multiple visits as the abscess on his neck repeatedly had to be drained and probed to locate the foxtail. Two other dogs were taken for shots.

Veterinarians
    Pet Stores
    Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa

Veterinarians services including pet care, surgery & in house laboratory.