EDWARD D WILLIAMS

With Angi since September 2008

VISIT WWW.ABMS.ORG TO FIND OUT IF THIS PHYSICIAN IS BOARD CERTIFIED....

06/22/2011

Overall, the procedure was rather effective (but not completely effective - I still have mild pain, but it's managed by ibuprofen).

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I went to Dr. Williams on a referral from my primary care provider (due to extensive pain in my heel).  Dr. Williams quickly diagnosed what was wrong (bursitis) and prescribed a course of treatment (cortisone shot in the heel).  I had been warned about the cortisone shot by co-workers.  My cortisone shot procedure started with a freezing of my foot (so the pain would not be as intense), the actual shot (which was uncomfortable, pressure-wise), and then taping of the foot (for additional stability).  He also went over stretching exercises, to help with my foot and stability.

CATEGORY foot doctor

09/08/2008

Dr. Williams was professional, cheerful, and effective. There was some pain on insertion of the needle, but my sons both tolerated it well. Dr. Williams engaged my son in conversation to distract him. The first time, my son recovered completely and quickly, and the second is in the process of recovery, as the procedure was just done last week.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Dr. Williams treated my sons for ingrown toenails. They both had to have part of their toenail cut away, so the doctor gave a local anesthetic by injection into the toe before the procedure. Then the ingrown part of the nail was cut away. The whole procedure took about an hour or less, including a few minutes of waiting before we could see the doctor and a few minutes of waiting for the anesthetic to take effect.

CATEGORY surgeons