The Jayson Co

Founded 1936 • With Angi since June 2010

4.3

2150 Stanley Terrace

Union, NJ 07083

The Jayson Company provides water softening and drinking water purification systems installation and service and inground concrete swimming pool and spa service for residential and commercial buildings. The Jayson Company no longer provides HVAC systems sales, installtion or service. WATER QUALITY. Nobody should put up with poor water quality! Jayson provides water softener systems for treating hard water and water purification systems including highly effective reverse osmosis systems. We will provide a FREE water test for acidity (hard water), evaluate all your water problems and recommend the right system to fix them. We will provide a free estimate and can provide complete installation, ongoing service and scheduled salt delivery (you pay only for the salt – the delivery service is free). Water softeners may be rented or purchased, and financing plans are available. In-GROUND POOL SERVICE. The Jayson Company is the only Anthony & Sylvan authorized service representative in Central and Northern New Jersey for concrete in-ground swimming pool repair and maintenance. We provide spring opening and fall closing services, complete maintenance during the season, repairs and superior quality Anthony&Sylvan chemicals and pool products with FREE door to door delivery service. Your satisfaction is guaranteed. Founded by Cornelius Jayson in 1936, the Jayson Company is owned and operated by the third generation of our New Jersey family. Our customers call on us every day because they can depend on Jayson professionals at any time to do the job right. They also know that there is a family standing behind all the work. After all, for more than 75 years our family name has been riding on every job!...

04/29/2020

Nancy I.

They rushed out to demo the pool, empty it and remove the tiles. Now the pool has been sitting empty for 6 weeks. Gary does not answer the calls and they stole $10,000 dollars and does not give us our money back. Beware they do not respond and we will be contacting our lawyer and the Better Business Bureau. Jayson Pools subsequently refunded the money paid since they were not able to complete the work as promised.

Description of Work
Pool resurfaced and re-tiled

Category remodeling

06/05/2019

Steven G.

Called in early May with regard to our Salt chlorine generator not working. A Jayson Company repairman had told me last year the model salt chlorine generator was having problems. When it stopped working I was told in May someone would come out to inspect the unit. No one from Jayson showed. I called again the next week and requested service. I was told someone would be arriving that day. No one showed. A third call was sent to voice mail. A message was left, but I have not received a call back. With my last call to the company, I was told someone would be out by the end of the day. No one showed. Very frustrating because Jayson handles the warranty repairs for Anthony Sylvan Pools.

Description of Work
Warranty work on a pool salt chlorine generator

08/18/2017

Bill M.

Terrible - The new pool manager quoted me a price by pictures that I sent him via iPhone. His price seemed to be awfully high. I asked if he could do any better on the price and he said he would get back to me. After 2 weeks of not hearing from him I called him and he said I am sorry but my original price to you stands. So, I looked into other pool companies and was able to get the job done for half the price what Jayson Pools quoted me. I saved $2,400.00 by doing my due diligence. This is terrible customer service considering I was a long customer of theres. I blame this on ownership who would not answer my phone call or even return my phone call. Well they hired a pool manager much like them. ZERO CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Description of Work
I was looking to get a Aqualink/Jandy system installed.

01/16/2017

Selden R.

Excellent! Less than 1 day install test well before pool openinf in late May. Equipment works great, spa easier to use, pool automatic daily functions and the iphone control is excellent

Description of Work
An upgrade to my pool control system was needed as orig controls over 11 years old and the mfg no longer makes the panel or repl parts. Jayson peoposed the ComPool upgrade which uses the orig switches & wiring but new control digital & iphone controlled panel control at a much reduced cost to replacing the entire controls.

07/20/2016

Christopher F.

This has been a very poor and frustrating experience. The Jaysons service crew opened the pool while I was away and left the filter running on "service" setting with incorrect valve setting so pumping most of the water out of my 50' pool. I have had to refill it and then add the 20+ bags of salt to get the salinity level up again - so maybe another $500 in cost plus several hours of my time. There has been no offer to help with that. To add insult to injury, they then billed me for new pool skimmers (which were not replaced) and $95 for overhauling the gas heater - a service not requested - which was completely bogus as I had just had a new heater installed. I spoke to Gary in the service department about my pool water being pumped out. He had somebody drop off an autofill device two days later - but by then I had refilled the pool myself. I also spoke to Terri in the service department about the billing errors and she said she would check and get back to me. No call back - so I wrote them a letter with my check - still no call back (they definitely got the letter as they have the check). I then e-mailed Terri after a few weeks and she does actually respond to e-mail. Jaysons grudgingly credited the billing errors but no call back or apology for pumping all the water out of my pool or any apology for the billing errors. I was looking for a reliable pool and home services company - unfortunately Jaysons are not that. Their web-sites and mailing say they have been in business for 75 years and "their family name has been riding on very job". My letter requested that somebody in management give me a call to discuss this service but nobody could be bothered. This is the first time I have been motivated to provide a negative review, but I am frustrated by this type of treatment.

Description of Work
Open pool in the spring

10/30/2014

Gary A.

The service techs are very professional, and show up on time. The work done is good, although expensive. Would use them again.

Description of Work
Replace the fliters

Category pool cleaners

Thank you, we work hard at training our service staff and we're proud of their work. While we do try very hard to manage costs and provide a price-competitive service, we do not take short-cuts or use inferior materials just to undercut competitor's pricing. We do sincerely appreciate that you recognize the quality of the service. — BJ Reisberg

06/17/2014

Colleen K.

Jayson is able to handle most any pool repair. They are not cheap, but the know what they are doing.

Description of Work
We have been pleased overall with Jayson and have used them for years to open and close our pool and perform various repairs. We have tried different providers, but have always come back to Jayson

Category pool cleaners,water softeners

Thank you for your review. It is true that we do not try to undercut competitor's pricing because we take pride in using the best materials and taking the time to do the job right. We thank you for your appreciation for a job well done. Please visit our Website if you would like to know more about our many other services! Sincerely, BJ Reisberg.

06/13/2014

Randi F.

They're terrific. I decided to go with them because of their reputation, price and I know the owner.

Description of Work
They replaced 2 furnaces and 2 air conditioners.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the kind review, we appreciate your business AND your friendship! BJ Reisberg

04/16/2014

Alan P.

My stepfather has been hospitalized and just came home. Jayson Co. have maintained my stepfather's pool religiously for years. They have never taken advantage of him, they are very honest and the quality of workmanship is phenomenal! They really care!

Description of Work
Heating and pool service for the last 30 years.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,pool cleaners

Thank you for your kind review. When we say things like "Our family name is riding on every job" and "We treat you right for life" we are sincere. Now into the fourth generation of our family business, we understand that is is especially important to treat our elders with respect and understanding. Sincerely, BJ Reisberg, Vice President, The Jayson Company

03/08/2014

daniel M.

I contacted the Jayson company to install a new water softener. Mike Fanelli came for the estimate and him and Joe were helpful answering my questions. The estimate was in line with others I had seen. Juan, who came for the installation was great. We had issues shutting the water off from the street, so the company had to send someone else later. When all was done, the company swiftly sent me the salt bags (a different group takes care of that). As you can see, I had a lot of interactions with the Jayson company. Communication was not always the best, and there were hiccups along the way, although Lucy was great on the phone.

Description of Work
Water softener

Category water softeners

Thank you for your candid review. I'm pleased that you had a good overall experience and we'll work on those communication issues! If you have any further concerns, communicate with me at any time — the contact form on our Website comes to my attention. Sincerely, BJ Reisberg, Vice President, The Jayson Company

WA Constructions

2020 Super Service Award winner! M/S Warraich Associates is a Design-and-build Construction company, provides value-added construction services to our customers by creating a successful partnership with them throughout the whole construction process. Our pledge is to establish lasting relationships with our customers by exceeding their expectations and gaining their trust through exceptional performance by every member of the construction team. Warriach Associates values integrity, our practices are honest, and our conduct is legal and ethical. We try to maintain the highest level of professionalism, loyalty, and fairness in our relationships with our suppliers, sub-contractors, professional associates and customers. We always strive for win-win partnerships with customers who share our desire to design and build structures that add value to the communities in which they are built. Our employees are our most important resource in achieving our mission as we hope and believe that this path will lead to excellence, innovation, adventure, and to the kind of certain, gutsy leadership that will allow both our employees and our clients to realize their aspirations and a lot more.

C & D Cooling & Htg Co

Turn to C&D Cooling & Heating in Gillette, New Jersey for HVAC service and installation, water heater repairs, and generator purchases. Learn more and request the service you need today. Additional email - alex@cdcool.com. Additional contact name - ALEX POPOV Additional web: www.cdcool.com

Offers by C & D Cooling & Htg Co on Angi
    Challenger Heating & Air Condition Corp.

You have your choice of HVAC contractors in Roselle Park, Elizabeth & Jersey City, NJ and the surrounding areas. So why should you choose ours above the rest? Here are three ways we distinguish ourselves from the competition: We're bilingual. Your native tongue shouldn't hold you back from feeling comfortable in your own home. Work with our trusted heating and cooling company-se habla Español! We accept all major credit cards. You don't have to waste a check or take a trip to the bank to pay for your HVAC services. Choose Challenger Heating & Air Condition. We offer free estimates. As a homeowner, you have a lot of expenses to keep up with. You deserve to know the cost of your repairs so you can prepare financially.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Water softening systems, water filtration & purification systems including reverse osmosis systems and bottleless water coolers (no more bottled water mess, waste and expense!). Also in-ground concrete pool and spa service, small plumbing jobs and junk removal.

The Jayson Company is a full service provider. We do not generally sell individual equipment or parts without installation. Jayson Pool Service is for in-ground, concrete pools and spas, we do not service above ground, vinyl liner or fiberglass pools.