AMERICAN ANIMAL HOSPITAL OF RANDOLPH

With Angi since December 2005

Veterinarians
Animal Boarding Kennels

Since 1978 the American Animal Hospital in Randolph, New Jersey has been dedicated to bringing compassionate care to your best friend. We constantly seek new and innovative ways to comfort your pet and are one of the most innovative practices in the world. The American Animal Hospital was one of the first practices in New Jersey to use Laser Surgery, to be certified in veterinary acupuncture, to use stem cell therapies (since 2005) and to have the capabilities to process stem cells in house. We also won the Practice of Excellence award from the American Animal Hospital Association in 1999. We strive to be the best animal hospital and believe strongly in continuing education....

09/12/2017

The vets and staff at American Animal Hospital are professional and compassionate. They treated my animal very well.

Description of Work
Wellness exam and bladder problem

06/17/2017

I only went there once because I got a coupon from the shelter for them. Even though the exam was supposed to be complimentary at American, the medicines and everything cost almost $300. I love the people who work there, the kids, the technicians, but the vet wasn't warm and fuzzy. It's just he wasn't real personable. Usually pet people are smiley and happy. The lab technicians did almost everythi...

Description of Work
This was just a check-up and shots; rabies shots and medicine for heartworm, ticks and fleas.

09/21/2016

Dr. Stockmal is the only vet we take our lab to! The staff is friendly and knowledgable as well. They do acupuncture, and even stem cell transplant from the animal's own fat.weuse Care Credit to pay for the services we use.

Description of Work
We began going to American Animal Hospital when our first dog was a puppy. The vet we went to got on the floor to play with our yellow lab puppy. He left the practice and we started going to Dr. Stockmal ever since. When our yellow lab got older and became very ill, the staff let us see our Bailey. As we laid down with him and cried, Dr. Stockmal sat down on the floor and cried with us. We now have a seven year old chocolate lab and we have always taken him to see Dr. Stockmal. Our neighbor got a former show dog Irish Setter and they asked us for a vet. Dr. Stockmal !

06/23/2014

I think they are a little expensive.

Description of Work
We use American Animal Hospital in Randolph.

01/19/2014

Dr. Voynick is terrific, kind, pet-oriented and very knowledgeable. The support staff workers are courteous, patient and helpful. They always check the next day to make sure everything is ok. How many doctors' offices for human patients are like that? Sometimes there is a bit of a wait but that's because time with the doctor is comprehensive and all concerns are covered. I'm fine with that. I neve...

11/10/2013

We have been going to American Animal Hospital on and off for the last 30 years and consistently for about the last 7 years. They are close to my home and have extensive hours of operation. They have always been quite expensive, but they tout having the most up to date and most advanced technology. The veterinarians, for the most part, are kind. But in all honesty, any time I have had a problem with my cats or dogs, they have not been able to help and eventually the animals were euthanized. I have obtained the best results from the emergency animal hospital in Caldwell . They saved my Greyhound's life last year. Today's visit to AAH was a nightmare and we walked out after rescuing my Greyhound from the technicians. The technicians at AAH are rude, have attitudes and do not know how to treat animals. The fact that my dogs are always taken to the back for various tests and blood work makes me uneasy. Do not leave your pet alone at this place. Find a vet who cares about animals and not the bottom line. In addition, the wait times at this place are ridiculous.

Description of Work
Two of my dogs were scheduled for a yearly check-up, one of whom is an almost 14 year old Greyhound. Two technicians took him to a back room to draw his "senior" blood work. When we heard someone saying "Stop it" and then "You're choking yourself", I went to the back area and found my Greyhound lying on his side on the floor with one tech holding him down and the other trying to draw blood.

10/29/2013

Cam has been much better after seeing Dr. V, and Dr. Cheng.

Description of Work
Care for Yellow Lab with skin and ear allergies.

05/13/2013

I love Dr. Stockmal. She is so good with my 2 skittish cats. She answers all of my questions clearly and concisely. She takes as much time as we need. I ask to be there for the exam instead of having them do the exam when the technician takes the cats int he back for weight and such.

Description of Work
Dr. Stockmal performed the annual check up on my two cats

04/10/2012

I won't use anyone else. They are very gentle with the animals. They are very caring. They were very caring to me when I had to put my dogs to sleep. They are very busy.

Description of Work
I use them for veterinarian services.

01/06/2012

Their price was expensive. They do a good job. They are usually very polite and professional. They are good with my dog. If I need, I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used American Animal Hospital of Randolph 2 months ago. My dog wasn't feeling well because there was something wrong with her, so I took her to them.

Category veterinarian

ANIMAL BOARDING KENNELS, DIAGNOSTIC & PREVENTATIVE MEDICINE, CONVENTIONAL SURGERY, LASER SURGERY, DENTISTRY, ACUPUNCURE & HERBAL MEDICINE, RADIOLOGY, ULTRASONOGRAPHY, ENDOSCOPY, BLOOD PRESSURE MONITORING, ELECTROCARDIOGRAPHY, PULSE OXIMETRY, BOARDING, SPECIAL NEEDS BOARDING

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available