C & T Towing Inc

With Angi since February 2011

2113 Elizabeth Ave

RAHWAY, NJ 07065

Additional DBA - C & T Towing & Auto Repair Family owned & operated. Additional phone - (908) 296-0270....

03/25/2012

Manisha K.

Went in for an oil filter change, fuel filter change, tire repair, and brake work. Was promptly greeted the second I exited my car. The mechanic brought me in to the office, we discussed the work I needed and within 5 minutes my car was already in the garage. After a reasonable wait, the mechanic invited me out into the work area to discuss what was needed. He showed me my worn down front rotors and brake pads and explained that the tires had leaky valves. The brakes were original and I knew they were probably due for replacement anyhow. We discussed my options and I authorized the work. The entire time I felt my car was in good hands and I never once felt I was being taken for the proverbial ride. After another hour I was told the work was complete. (The girl in the office had helped me kill time by recommending a good breakfast place a block away) I settled up and was on my way. The entire experience was painless and simple.

Description of Work
-Oil Change -Fuel Filter replacement -valve replacement on all 4 tires and re-balancing -front rotor and brake pad replacement

Category auto repair

12/21/2011

Ken L.

Definitely a family-run operation; a bunch of friendly guys, and experts at their jobs but also some real characters. A real slice of Jersey. Very customer-oriented, they made sure to spend time talking with me and with other customers about cars, repairs, estimates & quotes, and different options. The shop is just a few short blocks from Rahway train station on the NJT, but they insisted on dropping me off and picking me up when I came back the next day. Were definitely busy the days I was there, but were happy to work me into their schedule and track down the parts they needed ASAP. Were so concerned that I was okay with the job, and emphasizing that they'd cover the work they'd done, that they almost forgot to ask me to pay. :)

Description of Work
I needed a tow to a shop after my car refused to stop, and my usual shop was slammed. Theses guys sent a tow truck within an hour, comped me part of the repair cost for the tow, and were able to isolate the problem (dead fuel pump) shortly. They recommended a full replacement of the gas tank as well, which I'd already figured was probably going to be necessary. Price was in the range I expected, for both parts and labor, so nothing to complain about. Parts came in the middle of the next day and they had me on the road again by the evening.

Category auto repair,towing

02/27/2011

Richard E L.

I had asked for a tow during the historic snowstorm and was informed that they won't even attempt to drive under those conditions, so I had to wait a couple of days for the roads to get plowed. It was a difficult problem to diagnose and the owner stayed in touch with me, communicating the problems and the possible solutions. I appreciated that he didn't pretend to have all the answers at the beginning of the repair and continued to seek my authorization to explore different options. I drove off the lot happy but then the next week another unrelated problem cropped up, which I can't blame them for, but I also think they might have found it if they had spent a bit more time testing the car after the repair.

Description of Work
I have used C&T for towing and roadside service. I also recently utilized their auto repair services. He also suggested other repairs that were needed, without applying pressure. I also asked him to perform a tune-up and he perfomed only the minimum of replacements... other service repair places would have replaced many more parts (like the water pump). It is a different approach and saved me money in the end.

Category auto body repair,auto repair,towing

Auto Service
    Auto Towing
    Auto Body Work
    Auto Inspections
    Auto Transmission
    Auto Tires
    MasterCard, Visa

Residential, commercial & industrial auto repairing and maintenance including brake repair, car & truck towing, computerized wheel balancing, diesel inspections, electrical, flat tires changed, oil changes, tune-ups, junk car removal, battery, starter, transmissions, tire change & motorcycle towing.