Almost Perfect Landscaping

Founded 1980 • With Angi since June 2007

208 Curley Ct

Paramus, NJ 07652

Additional email - services@aplnj.com. For Quickest Response Please Contact by E-mail office@aplnj.com. Almost PERFECT Landscaping & Lawn Maintenance has been providing superior landscaping services throughout Bergen County, New Jersey for over 30 years. Our foundation was built on the success of our landscaping division which established a cornerstone for all our operations: (See our Co. profile in Angie's list) almost PERFECT is a family run business who believes that customer satisfaction always comes first. Please see our Web site for a detailed summary of our company. Its worth a 30 second calls to see why you would consider us for your next Landscaping Project. Sundays-Available by appointment only. Appointments are available outside of regular business hours upon special request. Locally owned & operated....

01/09/2020

mayumi M.

Frank's crew does a good and through job. Since they came for their last cleaning after the town finished collection of leaves, they took the debris away with them.

Description of Work
most recently, winter cleaning

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch, tree service

03/29/2018

julia G.

Lawn looks phenomenal. What looked like a mid size army of men with several trucks showed up and made quick work of the mess left by winter and several bad storms. Frank and Courtney are so responsive and just a pleasure to deal with. I had a written contract with lots of options PDF’ed to me within a day or so. They have auto billing! This is awesome and just takes that one more thing to do off my plate. Look forward to a gorgeous yard this year...finally!

Description of Work
Contract for lawn maintenance, spring and fall clean up, fertilizer, etc

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, leaf removal, mulch

03/26/2018

Benzi H.

Almost Perfect Landscaping may as well be referred to as "Perfect Landscaping" but the "Almost" must have been added by the owner, Frank, because he is just so humble. From my first message to his office, all the way to the final handshake was pure pleasure and ease. I reached out to Almost Perfect Landscaping at the beginning of the summer asking for help with my lawn but got a "sorry we are fully booked". My thoughts? Weird! Who says that??? I then decided to call other companies, none of which seemed like they knew a grass blade from a weed so I decided to try and do the lawn reno myself. ..... Fast forward 3 months = Mid August: Of course my lawn looks like ---- so I try my luck again with Almost Perfect Landscaping and I get the wonderful response "this is a perfect time to reach out to us for what you need done, we'll have someone call you" Shortly after, I get a phone call from an energetic gentleman, Frank. He asked me what I am trying to accomplish, I give him a brief overview and he says he'll stop by within a day. Frank called me back with an understanding of my property and had recommendations ready. I hired Frank + Almost Perfect Landscaping and was extremely impressed and pleased with the outcome. No need to hire a Landscape Architect, this guy has great plant and tree selection recommendations. Work was done while I was at work all in 1 day for an unbelievably fair price. His work is worth every penny.

Description of Work
Lawn Renovation - Sod and Plant Installation

Category landscaping, lawn service

We are so pleased to hear that you are happy with the work completed! It was a pleasure working with you, we hope to do so again in the future.

03/07/2018

Sal L.

First, I usually don't write reviews, but I felt compelled to do so after my experience with APL. I reached out to Frank to do some work on my new home's backyard. Within a few hours of reaching out , he had contacted me and scheduled to come to my house (on a Saturday no less) to scope out the job. Frank was professional, friendly, and explained all my options to get the results I wanted. I was very impressed with his knowledge, and no pressure tactics. I was expecting a quote to be 4 to 5 times what he actually quoted me , and I was floored. Not only had he come in SO much under everyone else, he had 5 guys there 2 days later, and had the job 100% complete IN ONE DAY. I could not be more pleased. If you are looking to get some landscaping work done, do not hesitate to contact Frank and APL. He is cost effective, friendly , and fast! 100% Recommended.

Description of Work
Landscaping, Complete Backyard Overhall

11/06/2017

Yamila R.

Frank was amazing! He followed through when he said he would, met our requests with remodeling our front lawn (that needed some love) and the PRICE couldn’t have been better! No wonder he has such great reviews because he was a pleasure to work with, plus quality work for a great price. I’ll definately be using Almost Perfect again!

Description of Work
Our front lawn needed some trees/bushes to add to the curb appeal. Small garden area in front of bay window.

08/28/2017

Jason D.

Best landscaper we've work with in the sea.

Description of Work
Frank, Courtney and the team are very reliable, thorough and deliver fantastic results. Their lawn work is consistent and when the plant trees/bushes or prepare the lawn for the season or for winter, you are never disappointed. I've had them work with us for 5 years with no stopping in sight!

08/12/2017

Lauren G.

Almost Perfect does my regular lawn maintenance, and I recently had them clean up several overgrown plants to "reclaim" my back yard. It made a huge difference! Thank you!

Description of Work
Regular lawn mowing and yard clean-up, plant pruning & removal

Category landscaping, lawn service, tree service

Thank you for the review! We enjoyed working with you and we are pleased to hear you are happy with the work thus far.

07/24/2017

Sean M.

Left a message that wasn't returned for five days. The advertising said my area was serviced, but was told it was not worth their time and money to come to my house. Contacted them again after getting a referral from a friend urging me to try again, and they never called back.

Description of Work
Weekly lawn maintenance

Category gutter cleaning, landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, leaf removal, mulch, tree service

We apologize for the confusion about servicing your area. We do perform plantings and other projects in your area. We do not perform regular maintenance (lawn cutting in your area). Reason being we do not have any regular (maintenance) clients in the Elmwood Park area. As much as we would like to service to everyone who calls all over Bergen County we do not have the ability to do so. I do hope you find a provider that you will be happy with for the remainder of the landscape season.

07/17/2017

Frank D.

Cleanup is done nicely, although a few of my Christmas lawn decorations got ruined, probably by a weed wacker. Spring cleanup costs are way too high for my little lot so I only did it once.

Description of Work
Fall/spring cleanup

05/31/2017

Paul B.

We selected Frank and his crew for regular year long service to maintain my mother's yard after a competitive bid process that gave us two excellent choices. Frank's service seemed a bit more comprehensive, so we chose them for year one. We renewed for year two of the basics - mowing, spring and fall cleanup and seeding, snow and leaf removal. Mom wasn't interested in heavy fertilizing or weed killer type service, just the basics. They have been fully reliable and responsive, and flexible working with a senior citizen who isn't always good at returning calls or answering questions. Now going into our third year, we asked Frannk to add some color to the yard - and he came right out with some very well suited, basic but attractive color for the front. Then he came over to walk the yard and talk with Mom about the larger back yard and what he could do there that would look good, give Mom some spring and summer shrubs and flowers to appreciate from her windows and deck, and still fall within Mom's low-maintenance requirements. We were really touched and impressed by Frank's responsiveness as well as his evident pleasure in thinking about what Mom might like and how he could make it happen.

Description of Work
Lawn maintenance, leaf and snow removal. Their service also took care of the gutters, an added benefit that we hadn't expected.

Category gutter cleaning, landscaping, lawn service, leaf removal, mulch, snow removal

Your mom is a pleasure to work with. I can't wait to take her out to the nursery to review the plant selections and see what she likes and matches the conditions. I love doing projects like these, it never gets boring.

05/24/2017

Joan H.

Joan Hong in the last week Frank, the owner, and his crew are exactly what they call themselves: almost perfect. And considering that no human being can be perfect, Frank is the best. Frank is very knowledgable, friendly and will work with you and your budget to get the job done. In our case the job was to clean chips, roto till, level, seed and top dress. We lost our backyard when we cut a tree and removed the roots. We received three quotes and chose to work with Frank although he was slightly more pricey than the lowest bidder because he seemed like he knew what he was doing and also the type of person who would keep his word. The company was "almost" perfect because on the last day the crew was held up by a previous job and arrived at our home several hours late. But we got two calls letting us know what the status was. He showed up eventually with twice the man power needed to make up for the lost time as well as tons of annuals for the yard to thank us for waiting. We loved the fact that Frank not only supervised but also got to work side by side with his crew! That said a lot about Frank's professionalism and about his passion for what he does. So, the job got done and everybody was happy. Like everyone else who said Frank is their go-to landscaper, he is ours as well. We can't wait to see our new lawn. Thanks Frank! You are our landscaper hero.

Description of Work
We needed a new lawn for the backyard.

Category lawn service

Thank you so much for the review! I really enjoy working with clients and creating landscapes that they can enjoy throughout the season. I apologize for the scheduling delays, and thank you for your understanding. I am pleased to hear that you were happy with the overall outcome of your project, and look forward to working with you again.

04/27/2017

Woochae C.

Horrible. They cancelled my contract unilaterally because they lost some of their workers. Now I have to find new landscaper this late in the season. Instead of hiring new workers, they leave their customers high and dry. Completely unprofessional and irresponsible! Will never do business withem again

Description of Work
i hired them for annual maintenance contract for my lawn

Category lawn service, lawn treatment, leaf removal, tree service

This was an unfortunate situation for both of us. We feel terrible to have had to cancel our contract due to unforeseen circumstances. We are a family run business and our employees are also all related. Sadly a father of our crew leaders suddenly and unexpectedly passed. Due to this unique situation we had to reduce our client routes for regular maintenance since our crew leaders are out of the country for the funeral for a few weeks. We cannot just replace long time experienced employees without the quality of work suffering. Again, this was a difficult and unique situation for us which is why we called immediately to explain the situation and give you time to find another provider. We are truly sorry if you were inconvenienced.

03/08/2017

Marina R.

We're very happy with their service.

Description of Work
We started using them in the Fall.

Category landscaping

Thank you.

12/20/2016

Henry A.

When it snowed this week the snow was removed adequately. However, I received an email from Frank Porter (owner) this morning "Please call me asap. We are reducing our snow route due to lack of employees. 4 men have decided at the last minute not to do snow removal." This has left me high and dry scrambling to find another service provider. I called him and he offered no help nor did he seem to be interested in seeking another crew. Not ok

Description of Work
Snow removal

Category lawn service

Yes we did let you go at a time prior to any storm. We notified you as soon as we found out our about our reduction of the work force. Again I amm sorry.

12/14/2016

Marina R.

Excellent! They came out almost every week during the fall to take care of all the leaves and debris in our yard. Trimmed back shrubs and got the property ready for the winter. The crew was respectful and professional and we will certainly continue to work with Almost Perfect Landscaping.

Description of Work
Fall clean up of leaves and yard.

Thank you.

12/05/2016

Doug W.

So far it's great. Frank came out and we talked about what I needed and when. He went out of his way to accommodate me - including moving a ton of wet leaves. Very responsive. I look forward to years of working together.

Description of Work
Complete Property Clean Up as well a gutters

Category gutter cleaning, lawn service, leaf removal

Thank you too.

11/02/2016

Henryk B.

Great! Almost Perfect was incredibly responsive. I contacted company in late September, Frank, the owner, got back to me quickly, came out and looked things over, discussed them with my wife and myself. Because there was little time left to do fall seeding and because I had to travel, he arranged things so the work was actually done before my trip. Incredible! He had one crew come early in the morning, another later in the day, everything was done efficiently and thoroughly. I felt very good about my interaction with both Frank and his people. Some additional work was necessary subsequently, and it has been very easy to arrange. I intend to hire Almost Perfect again to help keep the property in good shape

Description of Work
My lawn was in terrible shape, front and back, following a removal of a couple of trees and some other problems. It needed a thorough clearing of remnants of roots, clearing of bushes, etc., additional topsoil being put down to even out surface, new grass being seeded. In short, the lawn needed to be saved!

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, mulch

[Member Name Removed] I think you mentioned that you also found us on google and reviewed the website. Regardless we also enjoyed working on your property.

10/31/2016

Paul U.

I decided to try out Almost Perfect after a few years with another company, because Almost Perfect's pricing was better. I did not expect it, but it turns out their service is better, too. In fact, today my yard looks amazing! I hired them in the spring, and at the time my grass had some bare patches with lots of weeds-- today, it is truly *almost perfect*. The crew is really good about taking care of the areas all around my house. I had some questions/concerns about lawn care at the beginning, and they very personable and helpful. Also, they've gone above and beyond a few times. For example, I garden myself and now that summer is over, the bedding flowers that I planted need to come out. The crew was over this past weekend, and they knew it was time and pulled those flowers out for me without me asking. Courtney and Frank are great, too, ready to answer questions and provide reasonable quotes. The Almost Perfect team gets an A from me, and I already appreciate their hard work-- the land around my house looks beautiful! Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Biweekly grass cutting over the summer, Turf Builder program (to get rid of crab grass and lots of clover), aeration, grass reseeding, pruning of yard's bushes and trees

Category lawn service, lawn treatment

This year was terrible weather regards trying to maintain any lawns. I am glad we were able to meet up to our quality of work.

10/25/2016

Carolina R.

The crew did an excellent job every other week for me during the fall they also clean the leaves before mowing the lawn. When I asked Frank the owner to do some seeding for me before the winter started his crew did an excellent job. This was done for about $350. My lawn was cut every other week for $48 as long as we agreed not to use any fertilizer or water it too frequently. In the month of May and June when greens a lot the lawn is cut weekly

Description of Work
Lawn mowing and seeding

Category lawn service

Yes we do need to be more responsive. Your job did turn as we both expected.

10/10/2016

Heather M.

Very thorough -if anything, too thorough! Communication could be better; crew showed up without notification, but I don't know Heather that is unusual for landscaping work.

Description of Work
Total yard cleanup, tree & hedge trimming, gutter cleaning

Category gutter cleaning, lawn service

We found am opening in our schedule and that is why we showed without contacting you. I did not realize you wanted to be their when we did the work.

10/09/2016

Matthew L.

As a landscape architect with commercial project experience, I was very particular in choosing the right person to work on the outdoor space around my house. Initially it started with a complete weed infested back lawn that needed immediate help. I came across Almost Perfect Landscaping from Angie's list and decided to give it a try based on their great reviews. When I first met Frank Porter the owner of Almost Perfect Landscaping at our initial meeting to discuss work for my back yard, he seemed very knowledgeable about his plants as well as very helpful in figuring out what's the best approach to making my back yard not only more pleasant to look at, but more functional and enjoyable. The work started smoothly with the process of site material removal. After some initial wood work installation was done, I realized that some parts were not complete to my expectations. I discussed my concerns with Frank and he was very accommodating and told me he would get it fixed right away. He and his crew made sure that I was satisfied with the final result. Frank and I will definitely be working more together in the future. I would highly recommend him to anyone who is looking for not just a typical landscaper but someone who is very knowledgeable, and can provide high quality work for their outdoor space. He not only listens to your concerns and wants, but is also dependable and flexible. Frank is there to help your outdoor space reach its full potential and beyond.

Description of Work
Residential outdoor space

Category fencing, landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, pavers, gravel

07/07/2016

Lourdes M.

Frank (business owner of Almost Perfect Landscaping) was very thorough when explaining the process of re-seeding my yard and front lawn. The previous owners had placed a lot of rocks through out the yard, and due to safety reasons, I had two huge trees removed (different company), which left my yard bare (just dirt). I was thinking of having it replaced with sod, but Frank assured me that he can have the same results, for a fraction of what sodding would cost. And yes, the results are not immediate (a couple of weeks, especially since it was a fairly cold spring), but the end result is amazing! The best part, is that he constantly maintained communication with me, and visited the property to make sure everything was going as it should. I was completely at ease. My yard looks so green and lush! I have already referred him to a couple of friends who stated that they have never seen results like this from other landscapers. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
I needed clean-up and grass re-seeding of my backyard and front lawn.

Category landscaping, lawn service, leaf removal

Thank you very much for the review! We really enjoyed working with you and hope to continue to do so in the future.

06/04/2016

Lauren G.

Very prompt, straightforward, and thorough.

Description of Work
Frank came by and provided an estimate and an explanation of available services and lawncare programs. I signed up for lawn trimming, which was done right away.

05/25/2016

Dana C.

After reading many glowing reviews of Almost Perfect, I contacted them for an estimate for landscaping work. I got a quick reply asking for my address. I provided that, and got a prompt and courteous response saying I had been added to their "estimate log." When I hadn't heard anything from them two weeks later, I contacted them again. I got no reply, and have heard nothing from them since the request for my address. From earlier reviews, I see they use Google Earth to look at properties before visiting. It's possible they looked and decided my job is too small for them. If I ever hear back and they can explain the delay, I will revisit my review.

Description of Work
Nothing yet.

Category landscaping

[Member Name Removed] I am sorry for any inconvenience we have caused you in selecting a service your property. Yes we do fall short at times in responding however, I do take pride in all my work in all the work I perform. Thank you and we again and wish we could have made it up to you.

05/21/2016

Kenneth B.

The owner said he would come out and give an estimate. The day after he was supposed to come he said he was too busy to do the work. I think the job was too small for what he prefers.

Description of Work
Said they would come and do an estimate. The day after they were supposed to come they said they were too busy to provide services.

Category lawn service

We at Almost Perfect enjoy completing jobs big and small. We apologize for not being able to assist with yours and hope that it has been done by another service provider to your liking. This season has been overwhelmingly busy and we were regrettably unable to get your project on our schedule in a reasonable amount of time therefore we felt that if we were honest with you and declined to bid early it would be better than sending the quote and leaving your project waiting for weeks. Again we are very sorry for any inconvenience and hope in the end you were happy with whomever you decided to work with.

American Chimney Service

Family owned & operated. With over twenty years experience, Robert Brancaccio, owner of American Chimney Service, believes that obtaining the proper certifications and licenses greatly enhanced his business and his ability to service his customers properly. While the State of New Jersey does not require certifications for chimney sweeping and cleaning services, American Chimney Service does. At American Chimney Service, we hold ourselves accountable for every job we take on. We always follow through, and take our responsibilities seriously, as we know that this is the key to success. We are open and honest, always making sure to inform clients of their options and deliver value. Integrity is critical, and we try and make recommendations that will save clients time and money. We also pride ourselves on products and work of the highest quality to help maintain the safety and well being of our clients. We know that your time is valuable, and therefore strive to provide service and solve problems with minimal inconvenience. We do the right job the first time. Every time. Every American Chimney technician drives a truck that is fully stocked with more than 1,000 parts, so most repairs can be completed during the first visit. If you are unhappy for any reason, we will redo the repair for free. We also offer same day service. Additional email: info@americanchimneyservice.com. Additional phone: (201) 342-3660, (973) 351-3300. Additional DBA - RNR Corp.

Offers by American Chimney Service on Angi
    Roy Targia Masonry

Roy got his start over 25 years ago as a member of the local Masons Union. He quickly rose through the ranks demonstrating his abilities as a craftsman as a masonry contractor. Although working in the Union was both rewarding and a decent living, Roy wanted to work on more creative projects. Such projects were not presented to him through his local union shop. Eventually his creative spirit won over his practical side, and he left the Union behind to strike out on his own as a small business owner. Roy and his clients quickly realized his ability as an old world mason with an eye for detail. Targia strives to attain old-world craftsmanship through the application of new-world methods, implementing both technology and technique to meet the client’s needs. In this, the foundation of our philosophy is born “The most important foundation we build is the relationships with our clients”. His ability to manage projects and to over deliver time and time again, is how Roy Targia Masonry and Custom Outdoor Living has been able to build a thriving masonry business in New Jersey. Masonry contractor New Jersey contact masonrybyroy.com. There is no job too big or too small for Targia’s team. Additional DBA - RoyTargiaMasonry.com.

K Hanrahan Enterprises Inc

The Generator Specialist! We stock over 200 whole home generators, and install 500+ a year. We are a one stop shop. We do not sub contract any work, and we are a Generac factory authorized dealer, warranty dealer, and maintenance dealer. All our technicians are Generac factory certified. We also offer: Bucket truck services, panel upgrades, LED upgrades, emergency service, commercial and industrial services.

C003745
    New Jersey
    New Jersey DEP
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Landscape Design & Maintenance. Basic lawn services such as mowing, edging, aeration, power rake etc. Lawn fertilizer programs that included basic pest control and weed control. Lawn renovation, seeding, sod installation.

We do not offer any hardscaping services such as paver walkways however, we DO install blue stone walkways, gravel walkways or stepping stone walkways). We also do not provide stone retaining wall installation and patio installations. We do not install blacktop paved driveways, nor do we install fencing, or any type of deck installations, repairs or staining. We do not perform any type of large (mature) tree pruning and removal.