American Home Service LLC

Founded 2007 • With Angi since August 2012

754 New York Ave

Lyndhurst, NJ 07071

• Award Winning Service • 20+ Years of Appliance Repair Experience • Locally Owned & Operated • 24/7 Emergency Appliance Service Offered • We have 3 Stocked Service Vehicles Servicing all of Middlesex & Essex Counties • American Home Service is readily equipped to handle any appliance repair needs! • We pride ourselves on doing the job right the 1st time! • No hassle approach, just experienced technicians who take pride in their work • For those who prefer to DIY, We also sell individual Appliance Parts, Call for Details • Maintenance Agreements Available • Contact us Toll Free (888) 488-1247 or Visit our Website to Schedule an Appointment or for Emergency Service!...

10/23/2017

Stan S.

Lenny was very polite and professional. He explained what the problem was and told us how much it would cost.

Description of Work
The drain hole in our refrigerator was clogged, thus causing constant spillover during defrosting.

09/13/2017

Cee F.

Category replacement windows

09/13/2017

Cee F.

Category siding

12/29/2016

Cipher & Lyn D.

Perfectly smoothly. Lenny knew exactly what to do to repair it and did it. It required removing the door, making new holes for the screws to hold the shield n place, screwing them in (upside down) all while lying on the floor because the microwave in encased below the counter. He worked efficiently, cleanly and quickly. I thank him and would highly recommend him and his skills.

Description of Work
My undercounter Sharp microwave needed to be repaired. It still worked, but the shield at the top of the microwave had broken loose and, with the metal piece above it, had fallen behind the microwave drawer.

Category appliance repair

Thank you for the comments and we still working to improve our work. Thanks again.

12/20/2016

Robert P.

Overall extremely well after initial ball-drop. On Saturday my range-mounted microwave oven door latch mechanism broke, making the oven unusable. I discovered AHS via a quick Angie's List search. I phoned for a quote and to request a call-back from the technician. The friendly woman quoted $45 for a service call, which sounded reasonable, and she agreed to have the technician call me back before scheduling the appointment. I did not receive a call. On Monday morning I called again. I was happily surprised that I could be visited within the next 90 minutes. The technician arrived about 15 minutes later than the time window provided, but he immediately acknowledged this and apologized. It was a non-issue for me, yet I was impressed that he noted being a little tardy without being prompted. Technician quickly diagnosed the issue and set forth to repair the microwave door. It seemed an internal small plastic piece broke off, requiring a relatively simple, but creative solution to fix. Before starting the repair I was told the total fee would be $80 plus tax. I thought this was reasonable and agreed. Within 20 minutes the door was completely repaired. Total visit lasted under 30 minutes. Technician was very friendly and professional. I was very happy and impressed how quickly overall my problem was resolved. Based upon this very positive experience I would not hesitate to recommend AHS to others. I will call them again first the next time I need an appliance repaired.

Description of Work
Repair door on over-range-mounted microwave oven

Category small appliance repair

12/19/2016

Robert P.

Description of Work
Repair door on over-range-mounted microwave oven

12/20/2015

Kenneth P.

Midday traffic, 2 trips to our house and in end attempt failed but did not charge us extra - I renewed my Angie's List membership on basis of this guys excellent service...!

Description of Work
Repairman went above and beyond in attempt to fix a washing machine where circuit board was fried; even tried to have board rewired - turns out its just time for new machine...

10/31/2015

Deborah M.

He did an excellent job and saved me a lot of money, since I didn't have to but a new refrigerator. He was prompt, professional, knowledgeable, and very pleasant. He spent some extra time showing me how to remove the grate for cleaning and how to replace the filter. I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Mr. Mendoza repaired my refrigerator.

10/27/2015

Sylvia C.

10/23/2015

Susan U.

I was a little disappointed that the first technician didn't seem to think there was an electronics problem. He fiddled with the machine for less than a minute and then stood around and talked to us while the machine ran for 15 or so minutes... The charge was for the visit and the additional 1/2 hour...but the second technician didn't charge for the call, so that was good.

Description of Work
I had two separate visits for a broken Fisher Paykel dishwasher, the first technician adjusted the machine and it worked, but a week later it wasn't working again. The second technician explained that I would have to replace the electronics and gave me a very balanced opinion regarding the expense of repairing vs replacing.

09/04/2015

Wanda V.

Description of Work
stove was not working. provided good service. part was not available. came back to complete service in a timely matter.

07/21/2015

Brian C.

he was punctual, and within 15 minutes told me what was wrong, and proved it to me by showing me a test he performed. he gave me a cost estimate to order the part necessary, including labor, and the time frame involved. he was done in a 1/2 hour.

Description of Work
assessment of root cause for dishwasher not working

05/05/2015

Constance M.

Lemin Mendoza is a total professional - can fix anything; easy going and pleasnt to work with.

Description of Work
Fixed and organized all my electronics; organized wires and cables for the electronics; completely cleaned, repaired and restored my microwave oven - took back to his shop. The best! Will definitely continue to use him.

01/30/2015

DANA S.

The process from start to finish went very well. Mr. Mendoza really understands the ins and outs of his trade. He installed a new gas furnace in our 37 year old home that is much more efficient than the old (original!) model. And it was quite affordable. We highly recommend American Home Services for any HVAC needs you may have. He also repaired the burner on our gas range top. Good job, excellent work!

Description of Work
Replaced 37 year old gas furnace with a new, efficient gas furnace. Repaired a burner on our gas range.

Category appliance repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hello (member name), We appreciate that you selected our business to do the job, for any other inquiries will be always happy to help you. Thank You.. ; )

01/08/2015

Brooke C.

My experience with Lemin Mendoza/American Home Service was excellent from start to finish. During my initial phone inquiry, I never felt rushed, my questions were answered and good advice given. The actual service performed matched my expectations, as did the final invoice. Mr Mendoza is friendly, professional and left my house as he found it, ie returned things to a cabinet that he had to remove to perform the service. I was very satisfied and highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Determined my broken microwave needed a new fuse and replaced it.

Category appliance repair

Thank you very much, We are Happy to Help you, Our satisfaction guaranteed.

09/03/2014

Constance M.

He did a beautiful job. He knows everything to know about this appliance. He took my over the range microwave oven to his shop and completely cleaned and refurbished it. Great worker and pleasant.

Description of Work
Repaired appliances. Repaired and refurbished over the range microwave. Cleaned out VCR and DVD player and got them working again. He organized all the cables for my electronics.

Category appliance repair, small appliance repair

Thank you [member name removed]. We are always here for you. Any time you need US.

Bora Construction Group

We pride ourselves on great communication, reliability, integrity and most importantly the quality of work. Our team of experts will go above and beyond to provide quality work while on time and within budget

Elite Work Home Improvement

We're The Elite Workers! Elite Work Home Improvement offers over 15 years of expertise in the roofing and construction sector, specializing in roofing, siding, gutter repair and replacement, and other services. For additional information, please contact us, and we’ll be pleased to arrange up a free consultation for you!

Exterior Solution Contractor Corp.

We have over 20 years of experience! We work with all types of roofs and siding. We are locally owned and operated. We are committed to providing the highest quality of work! We take pride in what we do and you can count on us to get the job done the first time! We are state certified and licensed! Give us a call today to schedule your free consultation!

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

Appliance Repair: Refrigerators • Freezers • Stoves/Ovens • Washing Machines & Dryers • Dishwashers • Microwaves & Much More! • For those who prefer to DIY, We also sell Individual Appliance Parts!

Call for Details!