High End Design And Home Improvement

Founded 2013 • With Angi since May 2019

License and insured. We are here to provide five star service's. We do interior and exterior work . Our prices are unbeatable and quality service guarantee!...

Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español

A Service Provider's profile image

+4 more images

drywall (9)interior painting (8)woodworking (6)home remodeling (5)window replacement (5)screen repair (4)hardwood floors (2)closet design (2)basement remodeling (1)patio enclosures (1)wallpaper hanger (1)wallpaper removal (1)

09/07/2022

THOMAS G.

Lousy job. They damaged my property, the ceiling collapse and I do not know what else was damaged. I will not rate them at all, they're unacceptable.

Description of Work
They had numerous job. Replaced the faucet in the kitchen and installation of 4 valves that caused the damage.

Category plumbing

Work Completed On 09/06/2022

08/31/2022

Susan C.

It was wonderful they were on time, friendly, and extremely competent. I was very happy with the results. If you want the best look no further.

Description of Work
Handyman Services

Category bathtub refinishing, closet systems, handyman service, remodeling, screen repair, wallpaper removal, wallpaper, replacement windows, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, sunrooms, mobile home remodeling

Work Completed On 09/02/2022

08/10/2022

Rachel A.

A shoutout to Jay, of Highend Design, who did an EXCELLENT job installing a new lock system on my 75 year old main door and repairing an old wooden basement door and installing a deadbolt. The anticipated few minutes installing two locks turned to a few hours. It was a pleasure working with a genuine professional for once, instead of the many scammers out there. Thank you, Jay. Thank you. Angi.🥰

Description of Work
Handyman Services

Work Completed On 08/10/2022

Thank you boss me and my guys appreciate it we work hard can make everybody happy but you are 7 star customer your patient had issues and we dealt with it hope to hear Until then my friend stay healthy stay well

07/26/2022

Ivan S.

We had a 7-week window to complete a series of tasks before we were to move in starting June 19. jay was hired to complete 4 tasks before June 19: 1) Removal of popcorn ceiling in the apartment, sand, and paint. 2) paint the entire apartment 3) Remove carpet, put down vinyl flooring in 3 bedrooms, sand the polyurethane the parquet wood 4) remove the granite breakfast bar He hired young men who didn't know what they were doing. They came in late and left after the building curfew (which caused the building the fine me) Although the entire apartment was tented in plastic, spackle managed to get everywhere behind the plastic; the windows, the doors (the outside door had to get repainted because it was so filthy). There was debris on the porch; the bathrooms. They dragged the mss into the hallway. It was so bad that the building4 management would not let them back INTO THE BUILDING and they fined me $200. because of Jay's poor work. By Saturday, June 11, they were nowhere complete with the ceiling and they still had 3 other jobs to do within the next 5 days. On Sunday, June 12, it was apparent they could possibly finish the job by June 19. I told Jay to please collect his tools and leave. At this point, I paid Jay 2/3 of the final payment ($4266 on May 17 at first by check, then requested cash, and $4266 cash on May 27). I scrambled to find painters and a flooring company that managed to complete the jobs on time. The painters cost me $2300. The flooring company cost me 1900. This is above the money I paid Jay to complete the work I pay him for. Now I am being billed by the building for the air conditioning units because they are clogged with spackle dust, which should have been covered to prevent this. Since we had to move in starting June 19, we had to move without the ceilings completed. as of today, the ceiling is incomplete with caked spackle and unpainted everywhere. I am forced to find a crew to come in and finish the ceiling one room at a time with all our furniture in the apartment.

Description of Work
He started working on the ceiling but did not finish.

Category drywall, flooring contractor

Work Completed On 05/23/2022

wow you can't make everyone happy . I pictures to prove different. I gave a unbeatable price . we had a week of late start because u didn't want to go threw the building. it's amazing after you tell me it was looking beautiful. as you said you will hire some Mexican and told me to leave the job . I spent 2 day covering everything up. it sounds to me that you spent mote than you wanted. now you trying ti get some cash back. All my guys are skilled and know what they are doing. . as many time you bought us lunch because you said the guys were working hard. after months pass no you want a refund unbelievable. you damage someone reputation just to regain some cash. . unbelievable I taught you was different. . I dont wish you the worst.. wish you blessing on your new plplace.. license contractor

07/13/2022

Virginia C.

It went well and he was so accommodating! He walked me through on what other things to do! I don't feel that my money was wasted hiring him. Way to go Jay! You're one in a million!

Description of Work
Handyman Services

Category handyman service, screen repair, replacement windows

Work Completed On 06/28/2022

05/16/2022

Henry N.

Great communication before the project. Work was done as requested in the time previously accorded. I'm a satisfied costumer

Description of Work
Handyman Services

Work Completed On 05/18/2022

05/02/2022

John R.

It’s been almost a week I’m very pleased with the repair work. Timeless, price, communication, quality of work, all very good. I wouldn’t hesitate to use them again.

Description of Work
Handyman Services

Work Completed On 05/07/2022

05/01/2022

Caitlin I.

Absolutely amazing. Joel was a consumate professional. We had a tricky situation and it ended up needing to be much more work than I had anticipated. Joel kept it real and was honest about the extra costs, and was even helpful with making sure we knew what we needed. I'm looking forward to hiring him again to work on some other things!

Description of Work
Emergency Repair of a Door

Work Completed On 05/01/2022

Review for High End Design And Home Improvement - ., Jersey City, NJ - 39718648

04/29/2022

Robert Y.

Totally satisfied with the restoration of my 12' x 12' wood deck. High End Design Company's owner and work crew were knowledgeable and prompt to start and stayed with my project until completion. I will readily rehire them for future projects and am enjoying the functionality and beauty of my restored deck. As a Senior Financial Analyst I am very detail oriented and literally got down on my hands and knees to check all 547 screws in my deck. High End Design Co also passed the white glove test for cleanliness and fair pricing. Bob the Accountant

Description of Work
Handyman Services

Category decks, handyman service

Work Completed On 04/29/2022

04/26/2022

J. B.

Along with our sincere thank you, Jay did a wonderful job. The large mailbox cover became dislodged from the hinge and was placed on the floor. Mail could not be delivered unless the door was put back in place. Jay saw the need and with determination and skill, he repair the mailbox on the spot. The Association appreciated how Jay, took on the challenge and immediately repaired the door hinge. Jay was thorough, determined and has good work ethnics. Our Association would look forward to working with him again.

Description of Work
Repaired A Community Mailbox

Work Completed On 04/27/2022

Review for High End Design And Home Improvement - ., Jersey City, NJ - 39723348

04/04/2022

Maristella C.

Jay is extremely adept in all facets of home repair and maintenance. He identified critical Areas that needed repairs to keep us safe and to prevent Further destruction to the house. His rates are very reasonable and his demeanor is quite professional. He has no problem going the extra mile to satisfy his customer.

Description of Work
Various services: fence repair, masonry , hanging drapes, waterproofing, sealing windows

Category drywall, handyman service, replacement windows

Work Completed On 04/04/2022

it's always a pleasure to have a 5 ***** customer..

03/31/2022

Prasenjit P.

Jay is professional and cost effective. After thorough inspection of fences he came up with solution and realistic estimates. He completed job on time. I am happy with services he provided. Would hire him again in future.

Description of Work
Reinforce garden fence post and panels

Category handyman service, screen repair

Work Completed On 03/31/2022

03/30/2022

robin N.

Assembly raised bed garden Quick, knowledgeable and friendly

Description of Work
Handyman Services

Work Completed On 03/30/2022

03/29/2022

Claire B.

Jay did a great job on installing a dog door. He also changed a shower pipe and shower head. Both jobs were done perfectly and he cleaned the areas where he did the work. I was worried that the door will get ruined and look ugly , but I was mistaken , the door looked just perfect. Jay and his employee were honest and respectful .

Description of Work
Handyman Services

Work Completed On 03/29/2022

03/15/2022

Emily C.

Great! Jay and his team are very responsive and do a great job! They were competent, worked quickly, very friendly, and provided advice and options for the job they did. Will definitely hire them again for any handyman services.

Description of Work
Handyman Services, wall mounting a tv, hanging a shelf and patching drywall holes

Work Completed On 03/15/2022

it's Always a pleasure to work r k fir 5***** customer!. Until next time..

01/28/2022

yaseris R.

Great. Very professional and accommodating to my time and need

Description of Work
Handyman work

Work Completed On 01/28/2022

01/25/2022

Rose T.

Jay was very puntual, profesional and efficient. I will gladly hire him for future projects.

Description of Work
Handyman Services

Work Completed On 01/25/2022

01/09/2022

Arnold A.

This was the 2nd time I hired Jay to do some work at my home. He is professional, knowledgeable and takes pride in his work.

Description of Work
Handyman Services

Category drywall, handyman service, home remodeling, interior painters, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 01/09/2022

Thank you sir. it always a pleasure working for a 5 ***** customer and his family

12/21/2021

Chloe P.

Jay was great! Efficient and well priced and he fixed what we needed (related to water damage). He was also very helpful in giving suggestions on how to prevent such damage in the future!

Description of Work
Handyman Services

Work Completed On 12/21/2021

12/13/2021

Adam C.

Very well. Prompt response, quick service and good price.

Description of Work
Handyman Services. Ceiling sheet Rick replacement.

Category drywall, handyman service

Work Completed On 12/13/2021

Thank you sir it was a pleasure. until next time! stay well and be safe

11/30/2021

Damien G.

Service went well, professionally done, efficiently and promptly executed. Open to conversation for what we wanted and had favorable quotes.

Description of Work
Handyman Services

Work Completed On 11/30/2021

11/29/2021

Joseph B.

Working with Jay was a smooth, seamless experience. The job was originally only going to take a few days, but due to the age of my home, Jay and his assistants ran into multiple unexpected problems. Each of those problems were handled with skill and ease. Good communication goes a long way and we had no problem with that at all. With each project, Jay would lay on the table the multiple options I had, which were cost efficient, and which were the best overall ultimately leaving me to make the decision I felt most comfortable and happy with. The completed job was exactly what I had envisioned and I am very happy with it. I would absolutely hire Jay and his company again and I cannot recommend him enough.

Description of Work
Multiple Interior Remodeling Projects

Category bathtub refinishing, drywall, handyman service, remodeling, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters