Costello Eye Care

Founded 1992 • With Angi since July 2010

53 Kent Road

Howell, NJ 07731

Dr.'s John and Jamie Costello have been providing eye services in New Jersey since 1992, and in Howell since 1996. We are located just north of Wal-Mart in the Village Square professional building behind Sapphire Tans and Dunkin Donuts - near LabCorp. Access is via Rt. 9 or Kent Rd. From Jackson, Brewer's Bridge/Bethel Church Rd. offers the best access. We have an updated selection of eyewear in a wide price range. ...

03/10/2015

kathy L.

Dr. Costello is wonderful. She was very through. Due to my diabetes she took extra time to examine my eyes and found I have glacoma. She is now doing additional testing to see at what degree the damage is. I do like how she takes things step by step instead of just rushing through an appointment and giving a qucik diagnoses.

Description of Work
I saw Dr. costello due to vision problems I am having because of Diabetes

01/29/2015

Paul D.

First, I had my standard eye exam with Dr. Costello. The doctor is thorough and experienced in his field, no surprises there. My second experience within 1 week involved my daughter poking herself in the eye with a cosmetics brush and requiring an evaluation. Dr. Costello took her immediately and provided an outstanding prognosis of the situation. After a gentle but direct "you stuck yourself pretty good" and using the phrase "it's like taking a pane of glass and shattering it" to describe what she had effectively achieved (which I appreciate because she's remember it in those terms), he outlined a rehabilitation regimen for her and a follow-up visit. She was feeling fine in no time. You normally don't think of an optometrist as someone who springs into action like it's the ER - usually it's the run-of-the-mill "read this line" experience. But I was impressed with the professionalism that met and conquered the situation. My family is grateful to Dr. Costello for his part in resolving what could have been a catastrophe.

Description of Work
1) Annual Eye Examination 2) Daughter's accident

09/16/2013

Matthew B.

Great office staff and wonderful doctor.

Description of Work
Routine eye exam

Category ophthalmology,optometrist

09/01/2011

Kenneth F.

It went very well. They have been following me for possible glaucoma so did extensive tests.

Description of Work
Complete semi-annual eye exam. Several tests. Doctor explained everything

07/26/2010

Kenneth F.

It's a relatively new office. Nothing has gone wrong in the eight years I have been to this optometrist. I am satisfied with his care.

Description of Work
He is my optometrist. I last went for an annual eye examination. I have been going to him for about eight years.

Eye Care - Optometry
    Eye Care - Ophthalmology
    Eye Care - Pediatric Optometry
    Eye Care - Optical Sales & Repair

Optometry, optician, contact lenses, sunglasses.