Hillsborough Transmission & Auto Service

Founded 1980 • With Angi since May 2009

194 Rte 206

Hillsborough, NJ 08844

Locally owned & operated....

07/17/2020

Darren S.

Excellent job like always. Always fair an honest. I’ve had Gary fix different problems with my vehicles over the years. I never second guessed myself having him do the repairs.

Description of Work
I needed brakes and rotors to be replaced on my car.

Category

08/28/2014

Lisa F.

08/29/2013

Steven P.

I was very impressed with the work and forthrightness of Gary. He explained everything that was needed to be done with any issues I had with my truck. I would recommend his shop for anyone needing work on their car and Ill definitely use them again

Description of Work
Replaced muffler/exhaust system and oil change

11/10/2011

Alex A.

Went to STS tires and after careful inspections was told that my car needs $1,600 worth of repairs, I got a bit suspicious after they told me i need new shocks since my shocks were in fact perfectly fine(Used to own old car so I know what how to check status of my shocks) , so I decided to get a second opinion and went to Hillsoborough transmissions and asked them to examine my car. After inspection I was told not to bother them till next oil change since my car was perfectly fine. A week later my wife started to complain that stearing in my car is a bit hard and since it is my wife I obligedly went back to Hillsborough transmissions and asked them to examine it. He did and told me that it is all in my head and car is perfectly fine BUT if i really really want he can flash steering fluid and replace it but it is not necessary and would be just a waste of my money. I literally had to convince him to do it since my wife would not accept (it is all in your head) explanation and so $55and one happy wife later I will never use another auto shop again. They were very professional, clean and everything was done on time. Price was very good. I now go only to them with all my auto problems.

Description of Work
Oil change. Steering fluid flash. General car inspection.

10/03/2011

Berna G.

Very pleasant.

Description of Work
I have yet to bring any of my cars in for service, but I must say- I can't wait to do so when I need. I have called multiple times and have been given free, yes free advice and opinions and estimates. I look forward to doing business with them some day.

03/03/2011

Jeffrey U.

Highly satisfied. They were very honest with me in discussing repairs, making no effort to rip me off. The only thing that I didn't like is that they spelled my name incorrectly on the receipt when it was written out for them.

Description of Work
I took my Toyota Sienna in for an oil change and asked him to check a few other things. I believe that they also replaced exhaust gaskets, if I recall correctly. I don't have my records with me.

Category auto repair,transmission repair

12/19/2010

Bruce L.

I first went to Hillsborough transmission 10 years ago to repair a transmission in our Dodge minivan. I was so impressed with the expereince that I asked if they do more than repair transmissions. The answer was yes, and I have been coming ever since. We have three older cars and Gary of Hillsboro Trans has done a great job of keeping them going. They have done everything from replacing a gas tank in my celica, troubleshooting an electric problem in my vw, and doing routine work such as oil changes and tune-ups. They are extremely professional, never perform work unless given the go ahead. They are very competent and have been able to repair some very challenging problems. They are very honest and usual provide several different options if applicable and always offer to show the broken removed part to explain the repair. Best of all their prices are very reasonable and always consider your expense in making the repair and frequently suggest a less expensive option when warrented. I am 54 years old and have been dealing with car repair shops for many years, Hillsborough Transmission is the BEST car repair shop I have ever used. I seriously would resist moving from Hillsboro NJ knowing I would never be able to find another shop close to the quality service performed by Gary of Hillsboro Trans

Description of Work
My most recent service was to repair an over heating problem in my VW. The water temp gauge was maxed out. Gary toubleshooted the problem and determined it was not a cooling problem but an electrical problem. He spent several hours tracking down the problem and located a bad ground. He fixed the problem and since he didn't replace any parts he charged me practically nothing for the repair. Gary is extremely honest and is also very dedicated, he doesn't give-up until he finds the problem.

05/08/2009

robert M.

I have just recently started taking my vehicle to Hillsborough. I was impressed in the way that they handled things. The transmission business has seemed slowed down and they now handle other vehicle repair. They were very up front, forward, and methodical. They were extremely professional. The owner is an older gentleman, and he stands in the office and greets clients when they come in. I think that the work was a little pricey, but they did what they were supposed too. During the inspection they found some other leaks, and told me that they were not immediate, but that they should be checked. I like them a lot.

Description of Work
I have taken my vehicles to Hillsborough Transmission & Auto Repair for automotive servicing and maintenance. I took my vehicle in to them because I had "wetness" on my transmission cover and to have them check the brakes. They were able to diagnose and stop the problems.

Auto Service