Hassle Free Estate Sales

Founded 2009 • With Angi since March 2012

21 Carter Road

Haskell, NJ 07420

We host estate sales and moving sales to clients in NJ and NY. If you are an executor on an estate, or just moving and downsizing and need to sell your furniture and other items, we are the company to call....

12/21/2020

Kathy F.

We used Hassle Free Estate Sales in August when we listed our house for sale. We didn't want a lot of people coming through our house due to Covid concerns and Raj assured us that we wouldn't have to do that. He came to our house, grouped all of the items we wanted to sell, photographed them, and then uploaded them to his website. The online auction lasted for 6 days. In the first few days, the bids weren't that high and many items had no bids, but by the end of the auction, every item had a bid and the prices jumped dramatically. The items were picked up the day after the auction closed, during a 2-hour window, and the only people who entered our house were those who bought larger pieces of furniture. All of the smaller items were brought outside and into the garage for pickup and all went smoothly. Raj was recommended by a neighbor who had used him in May and we were very happy with everything. We would recommend him again.

Description of Work
Online Auction of Household Items and furniture

04/15/2019

Anthony G.

These girls are hard working and became fast friends in a deeply emotional situation and time.

Description of Work
Estate Sale

Category auction services

Hi [Member Name Removed]....Thank you! It was a pleasure working for you and we are happy you had a good experience with us! Let us know if you ever need anything in the future. Stay well. -Tracey

07/16/2017

Michele A.

Excellent. Raj and his entire team are great to work with. They were professional, punctual, and a pleasure to deal with - both for us as the sellers and for the many buyers who came through the house. They are honest beyond reproach. Raj has quite a following with his email list. He really brings in a lot of people and they are people who like to buy at these kinds of sales! Excellent all around and I would recommend them wholeheartedly!

Description of Work
Tag sale/moving sale.

Category auction services

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for the kind words. When I work with a family like yours, it makes me work even harder. Thank you again for being a great client!!!!!!! Let me know if you ever need anything! Raj and Team

03/02/2017

Jennifer P.

Raj and his team were amazing. He initially estimated sales to be much lower but worked so hard and tirelessly to achieve sales of over $6000! Every penny was earned. Raj and his team took the shambles the home was in and transformed it to a beautiful boutique. Our family was utterly amazed. Phone calls and emails were returned quickly so there were never times of uncertainty. All was certainly hassle free!

Description of Work
Cleaning out my parents home of 40+ years

01/31/2017

Joyce S.

Raj did a great job with the estate sale at my late mother's house. He handled everything and the sale went better than expected. He was very professional.

Description of Work
Estate sale.

04/19/2016

John M.

What a great company! Highly responsive to email and texts and they work with your schedule. Raj and Tracey did an incredible job of staging and selling the contents of my mom's home. They are friendly and personable. They know the market and what is a fair price for an item. They worked hard to make sure everything was perfect. I highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Prepare items for an estate sale.

12/04/2015

Michael R.

I am really very impressed with Hassle Free Estates, Raj, and his team. They were remarkably responsive to my initial outreach, with a detailed response for services and an offer to come on-site for an evaluation that same day. This was for the estate of my late father who was a bit of a hoarder, and I was concerned about the viability of even finding an estate sale company who would take on the task (lots and lots of work, without very much revenue potential). Raj put me at ease in explaining their process, which was accurately carried out ? he had a team at the house day and night (sometimes people working in shifts 12 hours per day) inventorying and cataloging items and searching for treasures. They were also great about setting aside potentially important paperwork and sentimental items. They'd uncovered cash and coins and immediately secured these and notified me to collect them. The actual sale was professionally run, with team members at all the major junctures within the home and a centralized checkout counter which accepted credit cards as well as cash. The turnout was much better than I'd expected, which I can attribute to their advertising. We'd also generated a lot more cash than I'd anticipated. Really I cannot imagine this having been a better experience, and would happily recommend Hassle Free Estates to anyone needing such services.

Description of Work
Exceptionally executed estate inventory and sale for my father's home.

10/18/2015

Neil R.

Raj and his team did an outstanding job with our estate sale by spending the time to prep all items, manage the ongoing traffic over 3 days, and negotiated deals to sell off most of our home. Raj is truly hassle free!

Description of Work
Conducted a very successful estate sale.

05/13/2015

Linda P.

They made the place look great and we made a good amount of money. As payment, they took a percentage of the proceeds. They are awesome and are trustworthy, fair, reliable and efficient. They are sensitive to when you are handling an estate; it can be pretty traumatic. It was very hard for me to do it and they were very sensitive about it. I had a bunch of estate people come out and they were very insulting, but this company was really very kind. They know the value of things and have handled some pretty famous peoples' estates but you would not know it because they are not like, snobs, or anything. They are very down-to-earth. The name of the guy who runs the business if Raj Basak and he is the only estate sale that is on Angie's List. They are bonded and insured, which a lot of them aren't.

Description of Work
I had to get rid of stuff and used Hassle Free Estate Sales to organize an estate home that was very cluttered. They conducted an estate sale.

05/13/2015

Linda P.

I was dissolving the household of very elderly and infirm loved ones. It was a very emotional process. I interviewed several individuals with "estate sale" companies many of whom were quite crass, dismissive and insensitive about the process , making unnecessary comments about the condition of the home (which opinion was not requested) and the lifetime of things collected. These things may have been of little value to them but they were very meaningful to the people who lived there and important to me. I felt that some modicum of respect was in order. I could not help but think that aside from being rude, this was a posture taken to screw the estate out of money in the end. Enter Raj and Tracy.They were very respectful of the lives of the people who lived there and called it their home. They were compassionate and sensitive about the process. Tracy's staging abilities are remarkable: she transformed a hoarder's home into a presentable showcase of the many hidden gems uncovered through their hard work. Hassle Free Estate Sales is professional and knowledgeable about the objects they sell. They work on a percentage of sales basis so their incentive is to work hard so that you and they benefit and, I must say, we did quite well; something I would not have expected given the denigrating attitudes of the other "estate sale" companies. This alone is a reason to avoid companies that demand a flat fee. Raj's company is bonded and insured. They obtain the license for the sale and post signs and advertise on Craigslist and elsewhere. They have a loyal following of customers who frequent all of their sales and they also have a bevy of experts they call if they are stumped as to the value of a particular item. I could not have been more pleased with their work and integrity and would recommend them without reservation to anyone who has an estate to dissolve and to anyone who must go through the tough process of disassembling the home of a loved one.

Description of Work
Staged a cluttered home and conducted a sale over 2 weekends

Real Estate Auctions
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal

We remove all items from cabinets and drawers and display them on tables that we bring to your home, We stage the items for maximum exposure to create a store like atmosphere, We price most items, We accept credit cards on-site which entices people to spend more money, We have a following of people who come to all of our sales

Ask for details.