Village Optics

Founded 1974 • With Angi since August 2010

3.7

318 US-202/206

Bedminster, NJ 07921

Village Optics is located in Somerset County, NJ, easily accessible by Routes 287 & 78. Dr. Ornstein specializes in comprehensive vision examinations to assess ocular health and determine corrective vision requirements. We offer a wide range of fashionable glasses from such brands as Safilo, Kate Spade, Juicy Couture, Carrera, Giorgio Armani, Emporio Armani, Armani Exchange, John Varvatos, Hugo Boss, Oakley, Nike, Silhouette, Modo, and others. We also dispense a variety of contact lens brands from manufacturers such as Johnson & Johnson and Ciba Vision....

09/06/2012

Sujatha B.

The experience was highly unpleasant. The doctor fitted me with contact lenses that left my eyes completely red. I was not offerred any satisfactory remedies for the dry eye problem. It was difficult to speak to the doctor after the intial visit. The complete lack of personal attention and professionalism makes this the worst eye exam I have ever had. I plan on having my eyes rechecked by another eye care professional

Description of Work
Met Doctor for Annual Eye Exam and Contact Lens Fit exam. Overall the experience was very disappointing and unsatisfactory. I would not refer the doctor to family or friends

Category optometrist

We regret that this client was not satisfied with her experience. All our patients are offered professional, personalized care according to their individualized needs. In this particular instance, the doctor and staff happily offered the client more than twice the investment of personalized attention typically required by an average visit, patiently and thoroughly addressing her extensive concerns. Because we value precision of care, the doctor worked diligently to research and provide a myriad of solutions targeting the client’s primary eye care concerns. However, we cannot influence a client’s willingness to try new solutions even if those solutions promise the desired improvement of care. Ultimately the client left with the products she specifically requested. In the customer care business, it’s difficult to perfectly please everyone every time despite dedicated efforts to do so. We always offer quality care and recognize that sometimes it’s just “not the right fit.” We wish the client continued good health and hope that she is satisfied with her new doctor.

03/03/2012

Mark N.

As always, Mike was pleasant and professional. He has the amazing ability to completely fit my frames without me being there (someday I'll ask him how he does it). His prices on frames are quite fair (of course, I usually pick out expensive ones).

Description of Work
Examined eyes,picked out new frames (for style and maximum area for progressive lenses) and fitted for contact lenses and reading glasses.

08/06/2010

Mark N.

His staff is friendly. I have known him for a long time and he is friendly. He is spot on and he checks for glaucoma every year. His prices are on a high side reasonable, but he has the best frames available. He is also interested in homeopathic medicine. I have tried some of his cures and they actually do work. He is a very interesting person. He does a good job and is fantastic.

Description of Work
I saw Dr. Michael A. Ornstein about a year ago for a regular eye checkup.

Eye Care - Optometry
    Eye Care - Optical Sales & Repair
    American Express, Check, MasterCard, Visa

Optometry, eye examinations, eye glasses, contact lenses

Surgery, LASIK