Carolina Hearing Doctors Inc

Founded 2007 • With Angi since December 2009

3742 Vest Mill Rd

Winston Salem, NC 27103

With Audiology and hearing aid services, Drs. Scott Mills & Anna Nichols have helped thousands in Winston-Salem & Clemmons overcome hearing loss. We are experts in all major hearing aid brands and are a fully independent office - not owned by any manufacturer or large hospital system. This allows us to focus on your needs. We assure improved hearing with our 6-week trial period - allowing you to use hearing aids before actually paying for them. Not everyone needs hearing aids so we do the necessary examinations to uncover any hearing loss that is treatable. We refer to the best local ear surgeons if that will restore your hearing. For permanent hearing loss we offer a 6-week trial period with hearing aids to make sure they offer you benefit; you only pay for hearing aids if you keep them. There are so many other great reasons to see us. Visit our website or just come see us to learn first hand. Mention this Angie's List listing and receive a $100 discount on any hearing aid purchase (cannot be combined with other offers or insurance discounts). We are board certified in audiology; to see if someone else is please visit http://webportal.audiology.org/Custom/DirectoryMap.aspx...

Jeanne P.

Dr. Nichols performed a thorough hearing test and discussed the results with me. Dr. Nichols explained the various types of hearing aids and suggested ones to try. I was fitted with a pair and have been extremely happy with the result. I would definitely recommend Carolina Hearing Doctors.

Description of Work
I made an appointment with Dr. Anna Nichols to have my hearing tested. Dr. Nichols was very friendly and spent a lot of time to discuss my problem.

James M.

They performed an audiology test and the doctor said on the graph my hearing was border line. He could fit me with hearing aids but he didn't recommend it at this time because good hearing aids were $2600 each as I recall, and he felt that my need wasn't that great yet and that I'd feel like I hadn't gotten good value for my money. He recommended coming back if the hearing got worse and he'd call me if good hearing aids became available at lower cost. He said there were several on the market at lower cost now, but he didn't didn't think the quality was good.

Description of Work
My hearing is getting worse and I have constant ringing in my ears that gets louder and more annoying as I get older.

Tammie M.

I will have to fill this part in later. But he is very nice, professional and a Christian.

Description of Work
Extensive Hearing test. He is making hearing aids for me to use on a trial basis of 7 weeks. Then if they are beneficial to me I will buy them and he will continue to work on the and do regular maintenance. Other members of my family go to him as well.

Catherine M.

Very professional. Excellent hearing test. I did not need a hearing aid; but, a referral to see an Ear, Nose and Throat specialist.

01/13/2015

Jeanne P.

Category hearing aids

We are so pleased that your hearing aids are making a difference in your life. Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to making sure that your hearing remains as clear as possible for years to come. We will see you for your regularly scheduled appointments soon!

12/30/2014

James M.

Category hearing aids

Thank you for your kind words. Hearing loss can be a tricky condition and not every decline in hearing needs immediate attention. I'm pleased that you found our recommendations to be helpful. One point of clarification, the average cost of a pair of hearing aids is about $1900 each, although the most advanced ones with the best innovation to manage background noise do approach that $2600 range.As we see a good number of technology updates in 2015 you may indeed hear back from us about new, lower cost options.

01/22/2014

Catherine M.

Category hearing aids

I'm so pleased we could help you reach the right treatment for your hearing situation. Not everyone needs hearing aids and I am always happy to assist in finding the best treatment option.

09/05/2013

Tammie M.

Description of Work
extensive Hearing test, He is making hearing aids for me to use on a trial basis of 7 weeks. Then if they are beneficial to me I will buy them and he will continue to work on the and do regular maintenance. Other members of my family go to him as well.

Category hearing aids

Thank you for your kind words. We find that the trial period helps people decide on their own if hearing aids are really helpful for their particular need. I am pleased that you find that to be a helpful opportunity.

Ear Nose & Throat - Hearing Aids
    Ear Nose & Throat - Hearing Tests/Audiology
    Raleigh, NC
    NC Board of Examiners for Audiology and Speech Pathology
    12/31/2017
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available

Hearing aids, Audiology, digital hearing aids, hearing evaluation, ear exams, custom hearing aids, hearing doctors,

Dizziness examination and treatment. Audiology services for children under age 12 (children have unique needs that are best managed by an audiologist specializing in pediatrics. call us for a referral for a child).