Stoney Creek Veterinary Hospital

Founded 2001 • With Angi since October 2008

6460 Burlington Rd

Whitsett, NC 27377

Stoney Creek Veterinary Hospital provides your companion animals with the best possible care and compassion, in sickness and in health....

07/14/2016

Deborah L.

I remember the price. They are the only ones I do use.

Description of Work
I go to Stoney Creek Veterinary Hospital. I was last there when my dog had a procedure done.

07/14/2016

Deborah L.

07/11/2016

Mary E.

Kind staff, genuinely cares for animals, and efficient.

Description of Work
Examined our dog. Injected a steroid for severe itching.

12/31/2015

Emily M.

Description of Work
They were my dog’s veterinarian. We were very happy with them and Dr. Huth was very kind and was our dog’s vet.

08/12/2015

Meloney T.

04/09/2015

Crystal B.

04/02/2015

Kemp S.

I've used them for probably nine years. I see Dr. Huth. They are very caring about animals. They don't do things that don't need to be done. They explain everything to you very thoroughly - about the animal, the problem etc. I'll go to them as long as they're there.

12/09/2013

John B.

Very good experience. Service provided by Dr Ballengee was excellent. Excellent grooming.

Description of Work
Treatment,boarding,grooming

Category veterinarian, pet grooming

09/13/2013

Andy A.

He takes care of all three of our dogs, and mother's dogs. He is excellent with all of them.

Description of Work
We went for pain medication and to remove a broken nail from one of my dogs.

10/12/2012

Irene S.

As we just moved here. I asked people walking their dogs in the neighborhood and people shopping in pet stores for veterinary recommendations. Several people recommended this practice to me. I went to their website and registered my pets online even though I did not need any services at the moment as they had been seen by our vet right before we moved. A week later, I saw one of our dogs had chipped a molar (they get their teeth brushed every night and it is routine for them) and a root/nerve was exposed. I called Stoney Creek and was given an appointment the next day. Thankfully our son, who is also a veterinarian who in not in practice but a college professor, told me not to give any food or water that morning. He also told me exactly what options were available regarding this. Dr. Huth said exactly the same thing and we felt comfortable leaving him to have his tooth extracted surgically. They were able to do it that same morning for us. I found Dr. Huth to be very thorough, professional, and kind. His staff was great! I am very pleased with this office and will continue to take our pets there! We are very fussy so this review is well earned!

Description of Work
Surgical extraction of molar which was broken and root/nerve exposed.

06/24/2012

Regina M.

I am pleased with the care and think you will be as well.

Description of Work
Allergie's, ear infection and eye surgery. Dog has suffered allergies since I got him. Vet was quick to prescribe him meds, and newer more modern medications that helped my pet. My dog has entrophy in both eyes and SCVH performed the surgery.

12/19/2011

Ash N.

We have actually changed services because we felt that they had a lot of growth lately in their client base. They have got a new veterinarian. Dr. Glen Huth is the owner. He was the main vet that was there. He did a fantastic job when the company started out. I have been with them for close to eight years. In the past year we switched to another place because we felt we were not getting the same care we received earlier. With there being two vets, the second vet that came in did not do a good job. Dr. Huth pushed us for a surgery that probably was not the best fit for our dog. We went ahead and did that and the surgery did not work. It was a knee replacement of a large breed dog. After talking to my sister who is a vet and a couple of other veterinarians I realized this was what was going on. I got to know that this procedure was done for smaller dogs that don't have so much of weight on the back leg. We felt that the surgery was pushed and he should have recommended us to some specialist for a second opinion before pushing us for that surgery. The follow up care after that surgery was absolutely terrible. We also had a new puppy at that time and they saw a growth on her eye. She was admitted there several times and they never said anything about the growth on that eye. One of the first things we got to know when we took her to the new vet was about the growth in her eye. We felt like the services were rushed and the advices we were given was not good. We felt that they did not take the time to get to know the situation before throwing out a suggestion. Their price was average.

Description of Work
I used Stoney Creek Veterinary Hospital few months ago.

12/14/2010

Ash N.

I didn't pay anything for the follow up appointment. I have spent $1,000 this year with the vet. It included the knee and ACL surgeries as well as a puppy program. It included the shots and a microchip. My dogs are large. They are kind of out in the boondocks; they are on 70 West. It is about 20 minutes away and it is totally worth the drive. He is one of the few vets that actually understand the dogs and the medicine behind the dogs versus him liking the dogs and pretending to be a vet. My sister is a vet so there is always a second opinion and vets are being second-guessed. It is part of having a family in medicine. I've been going to him for 8 years. I went to him because my last vet prescribed a medicine that had known complications so I found a new vet. I was very impressed when talking to him. He took the time to sit down and talk to me and explain what is going on. He has a good bedside manner. Jaime Combs is his name. I was hesitant about the surgery because it isn't normally done on large breed dogs. Everything went well. He knew the dog and had taken the time to know how I interact with my dog. The price is really reasonable for this area and they are extremely competitive. The staff is great. They have a good understanding of the dynamics between the owner and the pet so I am extremely pleased. Everything is great except for the distance he is located from me. He has a good way of saying this is where you are and what you need to do and when you need to do it.

Description of Work
I used Stoney Creek Veterinary Hospital for my two dogs. It was a follow up for knee surgery on one of them and the other had a routine checkup.

11/03/2009

CAROLE V.

They send emails when he is due for his shots and annual physical. I am very happy with them. Their boarding facilities are excellent as well.

Description of Work
I’ve taken my dog there numerous times and they have taken excellent care of him.

06/18/2007

JERRY L.

We have a very high opinion of this veterinary clinic. Everyone there is nice and friendly. The service we get is also prompt and punctual, which is good because our cat gets nervous when we take her there. We respect the veterinarian's good quality of work. They handle the animals with a lot of care.

Description of Work
We took our cat to Stoney Creek for an allergy shot.

Veterinarians
    Animal Grooming

Avian & reptile sexing, exotic pet consultation, saturday morning office hours, full stock of science diet foods.