Darrell's Garage

Founded 1972 • With Angi since May 2010

317 N Pine St

GASTONIA, NC 28054

Owner Operated, servicing the Gaston County area since 1972. 4 Employees. Cost is determined by the job. No additional charges. Military and AL Member discounts available. May contact through email....

02/17/2021

Gary S.

Never bothered to answer my e-mail requesting appointment.

Description of Work
Car checked, electrical problem

Category

12/18/2017

SHERRY C.

My son has a Nissan Frontier. He spent hundreds of almost a thousand dollars trying to get his heater to blow hot. Previous owner put something in it which caused a sludge buildup in radiator, etc. In OKlahoma, he had radiator and several other things replaced. Happened again the next winter. Took it to Nissan, and they charged $300 to look at it and drain something. Still cold. Found Darrells on Angie's List. One call and he diagnosed on the phone. A couple of hours later and it worked. Very fair price!!! Two winter months later, and the heater is still working this time!!

Description of Work
Heater sludge blows cold

06/19/2017

Stephen O.

Extremely well. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Service to my 2010 Subaru Forester. Test drove the car with me to assess the problem. Called me with the price and what needed to be addressed. Work done as agreed in a timely fashion. They called me a week later to check on the service.

06/19/2017

Julia C.

Their professionalism and quality of work keeps me going back to them.

Description of Work
Oil change, rotated my tires. More than just the standard oil change.

06/29/2016

Richie G.

It went well. They do excellent work. They are good about getting you in pretty fast. I called them that morning and they were able to work me in. If there's ever a problem they make sure to call you. I've used them before and they do good work.

Description of Work
100,000 mile service (tune-up, adjusted breaks, replaced serpentine belt, cleaned body)

01/05/2015

Rick E.

Terry looked at the car, told us what needed to be done, gave an estimate and repaired the car. The repair was done quickly, for the agreed price. The replaced bearing went out a few weeks later, returned with the car and he took care of the problem quickly with no issues or arguments. This is after another garage misdiagnosed the problem and "fixed" the car. I found Terry to be pleasant, friendly, professional and intelligent. He was able to explain what was wrong and what needed to be done simply and thoroughly. I would not hesitate to recommend him or use him again.

Description of Work
replaced left wheel bearing assembly on front axle

12/18/2014

Derrick H.

I may have used Darrell's Garage once for the same vehicle since July of 2012 in probably 2013 or so. It is always expensive there. They charged a lot for it. They are always great but they are just always expensive. The company can better for the future and I would like to see a lot more reasonable rates and that's about it. The only issue I ever had was expense and we got lucky if he is reasonable. I like everything about him except the cost. I don't have any issues what so ever on anything except the price. The price, that's the only issue I have with them. I would give an 'A' for everything else. I do feel that they get an 'A' on everything else but to the price I think it is still over done. I possibly will use this provider again in the future.

Description of Work
They fixed a hole in the gas tank and finished an inspection.

03/26/2014

Martha M.

They are great and we will use them for all future car repairs.

Description of Work
Serviced brakes, turned drums did routine oil change with maintenance.

Category auto repair

Thank You [removed member name] for your great review; We appreciate & enjoy customers like you! Please let us know when we can be of any further help. Terry G

01/13/2014

sunny C.

transfer case front and rear axle fluid change fuel injector and system cleaning transmission fluid flush and change good service very professional. price i listed is estimate don't remember exact cost. excellent customer service with no pressure or upselling. very thorough and keeps you informed of progress the entire time. price is fair. will cost you less than the dealership but probably not the lowest you can find. but to me it is worth it for the service.

Description of Work
flush and change multilple fluids

09/10/2013

Michael V.

I set up an appointment by email and was contacted by Darrell's Garage the day before my appointment asking me for details of my car (year, make and model). I was on time for my appointment and I was greeted professionally (I liked that there was an office to discuss work to be done and prices). I was given a price for an oil change as it was a little higher that "advertised" because my car takes 8 quarts vs. five. I also asked if the did inspections and agreed to have that done. The oil change included a tire rotation which revealed badly worn front brake pads. They gave me an estimated price which I agreed to and I was out of there in about TWO hours from the time I arrived. Very good for an oil change, tire rotation, state inspection and change out of front brakes. I will certainly be back to service my other cars and recommend this provider.

Description of Work
Oil Change, State Inspection and Front Brakes.

Auto Service