Urology Specialists of the Carolinas

With Angi since October 2008

1518 E 3rd St Ste 250

Charlotte, NC 28204

Urology Specialists of the Carolinas was formed in 1999 when Charlotte’s oldest and largest urology practices, Charlotte Urology Group and Hawes Urology Clinic came together to offer leading-edge care and new capabilities. Whether you’re a man making a decision about treatment for prostate cancer, or a woman faced with the inconvenience of incontinence, Urology Specialists of the Carolinas is here for you. We specialize in treating more than a dozen specific conditions....

12/07/2021

Billy M.

KIRKLAND STILL OWES ME A KIDNEY! B******!

Description of Work
Kidney stone removal

Category hospitals, urologist

06/21/2017

William M.

It went well. Doctor was professional and I'm happy with the treatment.

Description of Work
Needed to see urologist for health issue.

02/20/2017

Chris M.

Very well.

Description of Work
Medical procedure

Category hospitals, urologist

11/28/2016

Jessica H.

I've had good experiences with them. They're very friendly, easy to talk to, very helpful. It was a good appointment. I have been going to them for three years.

Description of Work
I went for a doctor's appointment. It was a check for a UTI.

Category hospitals

11/28/2016

Jessica H.

I was happy. Everything was great.

Description of Work
I was having problems with my urinary tract system. I had a procedure done.

Category hospitals

10/09/2015

Category family doctor

09/28/2015

Description of Work
My mom was having blood in her urine. He did a urinalysis, kidney x-ray and scoped her bladder for 3 visits. He was very thorough, but did not do more than what was needed. We were very satisfied with his diagnosis and the blood issue was resolved. Very kind and patient with my elderly mother and we also liked the PA that we saw for the last visit. Highly recommend!

07/08/2015

Gary L.

excellent doctors and staff.

04/06/2015

I have felt better than I have for over 10 years as far as going though the work day without being in constant discomfort. Wonderful work.

Description of Work
I had a DVIU procedure and a Suprapubic Catheter removed. At the time this was done my insurance was still mired in the technical online mess of the times but Dr. Ganem made my appointment quickly and addressed my issue explaining the process in a manner which put me at ease. My insurance did go through and everyone was paid I was glad of that.

04/06/2015

The operation went great and I was mobile and feeling better than I had for years in spite of wearing a bag tied to my leg to empty the catheter in. I wore this for only a few weeks until one of his business partners, Dr. Ganem, did another procedure to correct my problem and he also removed the catheter. I highly recommend their expert and caring services should anyone be in need.

Description of Work
I had to go to the emergency room for Hematuria & Urinary Retention issue that had me in intense pain. I had no idea if I would be able to pay as my insurance application was mired in the online technical problems of that time. Dr. DAMANI rushed in and did an emergency catheter through my lower abdomen which immediately relieved all pain, that had plagued me for years, and made it so I could walk out hours later and get about fine. He did this with no guarantee of payment and I am glad my insurance went through and I was able to pay him for his expert services.

12/15/2014

I would highly recommend him. He is good at communication with the patient and he puts me at ease. He is very punctual and good about getting back to me with the test results, and he has a good bedside manner.

Description of Work
Dr. Samuel Peretsman is my urologist.

10/20/2014

Category family doctor

06/27/2014

My primary physician recommended him to me and I've been going to him for over 2 years. He gives a personal touch with his care, he takes his time with me, listens to what I have to say, gives my ample advice and tells me if I have any problems I shouldn't hesitate to call him.

Description of Work
I went to Manish Damani 4 months ago for a urology exam.

06/16/2014

It went extremely well. Dr. Phillips agreed with me about not rushing into biopsy. He said the PSA test can sometimes show inaccurate readings because of many factors and it needs several tests over longer periods of time to determine the direction of results and the need for biopsy which in itself is a painful procedure and could lead to urinary infection. He ordered another PSA test. He also said that even if the test results were not encouraging he would order different tests before recommending biopsy. Anyway, the PSA test he ordered was within normal range and I will have to repeat it in six months. Going to Dr. Phillips saved me the need of going through biopsy. Dr. Phillips was very patient and he carefully reviewed my history and took the time to explain the pros and cons of any furure treatments if needed. I will recommend him very highly.

Description of Work
I went to Dr. Phillips for a second opinion because the doctor I saw prior to this was suggesting I get a prostate biopsy done. That concerned me a lot and I wanted a second opinion.

06/11/2014

Very through and very knowledgrable

Description of Work
Ed

06/03/2014

He really takes his time with you and explains everything to you, so you can understand and make the right decision for your life

Description of Work
He did the Prostate surgery on me.....He is the best doctor, and I would highly recommend him...

06/02/2014

You can never see Dr Weissner in person and can only communicate with him via the PA. He is never available, has never explained or gone or medical records with me. I have received no advice from him and will never go back to this group or him again.

Description of Work
kidney stone which had blocked ureter and created sepsis . Dr. Weisner put in stent in ureter but did not get the stone out. I saw him briefly before the stent was implanted and never again. All communication and care was provided by the PA. She even had to call him on a cell phone to ask what his recommendation might be for future treatment.

03/06/2014

Robert L.

Process performed to remove stones. Very good service with friendly staff and doctor.

Description of Work
Treated me for Kidney Stones.

01/06/2014

Very well I have confidence in this medical practice.

Description of Work
Dr Phillips is very knowledgeable as well as thorough. He answered my questions honestly and accurately. When there was a question as to the cause of my recurring bladder I factions, he attacked the problem immediately to find the cause. I had procedures in the office that gave me immediate results. He is very respectful and does not talk down to the patient. I felt he listened to what I had to say.

11/28/2013

Paul H.

I had to go into urology specialists for treatment of kidney stones. I have been treated by Dr. Peretsman, he and his staff are the greatest. Very professional and understanding of what needs to be done to fix the problem. I am under his care and am getting much better. If anyone has to go for urology treatment you can be assured they will treat you like family, and compassion.

Description of Work
kidney stones

09/27/2013

Brian G.

Staff and doctor was very friendly. Took the time to walk thorugh the procedure with me. Answered my questions. Did not pressure me into having the procedure. Very informative.

Description of Work
Wanted to get information on vasectomy procedure

07/06/2012

He is very communicative, knows his stuff and asks questions. He is very good about giving you the best options under the circumstances; you can't ask much more from a doctor. He is pretty busy sometimes.

Description of Work
Dr. Shandera of Urology Specialists Carolinas is my urologist.

05/21/2012

I’ve never been to a Urologist but this was guy good! Like all doctors it takes a week or so to get an appointment. I never had any problems with his staff. The effectiveness of treatment was absolutely wonderful. His people were outstanding.

Description of Work
I visited Dr. Shandera, Urologist for a procedure called the Green Light. I visit him once or twice a year.

08/03/2011

ANNA L.

Dr. Shandera's assistant, Kerry, is a sweetheart and does her best to make you comfortable. Dr. Shandera is pleasant and courteous. My only issues were the length of wait time in the exam room...it was too long before Dr. Shandera came in. And, after he came in and talked to me, I was prepped for the exam was left in a very compromising position while waiting for his return for the exam (at the second visit I requested another sheet be draped over me while I waited); again I waited after the exam to discuss his findings. I will say, the second time, the wait was nowhere near as long as the first visit at any time so perhaps they were just having one of those "running behind" days. I did feel quite confident with Dr. Shandera and would return should the need arise.

Description of Work
I was having pain and urological problems. I saw Dr. Shandera. He did an exam and scheduled me for an appointment for a cystoscopy after the results of a CT Scan for which he referred me came in. In the meantime he gave me medication which helped considerably with some issues I was having, not necessarily with the pain which turned out to be a kidney stone as revealed by the CT Scan. By the time of the next appt. it had already passed. Dr. Shandera recommended the cystoscopy anyway to rule out bladder tumors, etc. While I was not looking forward to it, he felt it warranted. Since I believe it is a doctor's responsibility to "rule out" possible medical issues if there is reason to do so, I agreed, preferring to be "safe than sorry."

02/17/2011

He is the kindest physican in the world!! I have been a patient of his for 20 + years. He removed my kidney when I was 19 and has been the most amazing Physican I have ever in my life had. I Love Him!!! You will not be disappointed if you see him!!

Category urologist, family doctor

Urology
    Hospitals - General
    Primary Care - Family Medicine
    Women's services - Fertility
    Cancer/Oncology
    General Surgery

Urology, male and female incontinence, stone disease & vasectomy.