ANIMAL KINGDOM VETERINARY HOSPITAL

Founded 1998 • With Angi since September 2007

336 E Durham Rd STE# G

Cary, NC 27511

We are a full service hospital providing a wide range of services including appointments, surgeries, dentistries, client boarding, and grooming. We take a personal approach to veterinary medicine, getting to know you and your pet as individuals. We strive to make your visit to our hospital as pleasant as possible for both you and your pet. Companion animal medicine and surgery offered with a warm, friendly environment. Our small staff takes the time to get to know you and your pet personally....

06/04/2021

Kelly S.

Highly recommend Animal Kingdom Vet Team in Cary and Dr Highsmith. We have been taking our 4 cats, 4 dogs here since 2007. Dr Highsmith is the most ethical, smart and compassionate vet. Yesterday sadly we had to part with our beloved Cocoa cat and Elena and Dr Highsmith made it not the worst experience that no pet parent wants to go through. Thank you Excellent Animal Kingdom Vet Team. We are SO grateful for you!

Description of Work
Excellent Vet Care

08/26/2016

Nancy S.

02/27/2015

Terry M.

The greatest part about it was that one of the vets that we used to use and really liked actually worked here as well. I would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
All three of our dogs were due for their shots.

07/30/2014

Jen M.

1I have been going to Dr. Highsmith/Animal Kingdom since I adopted my rescue dog in 2003 (I asked the rescue for a vet recommendation nearby since I hadn't owned a pet previously). I have since added 2 cats to my menagerie. Overall I have been pleased with the services received and the level of care and attention given by Dr. Highsmith and her staff. Also, the cost is very reasonable. Prior to my 2 cats' dental surgeries I asked for a cost estimate, which they provided. When I had the surgeries done, it was very close to the estimate provided. Two of the vet techs have been there since I started going there, and they are very helpful when I've asked questions and have always shown kindness to my pets. My dog's kidneys have started to fail, and Dr. Highsmith prescribed Calcitriol to help with that issue, which according to what I've read, not all vets are aware that even exists. She also talks to my dog and kitties during office visits to help calm them.

Description of Work
Annual exam and vaccines for my dog

09/14/2013

Jill L.

I first learned about Animal Kingdom when I was trying to locate a specialized product that is only carried by a few vets in this area. When I had questions Dr. Highsmith seemed helpful and knowledgeable, and took the time needed to discuss my concerns. I also thought their prices for annual checkups and shots were very reasonable. This clinic is out of the way for me, but if they were located closer to my home I would use them more often.

Description of Work
I took one of my kitties there for her annual checkup and shots. I also purchased some specialized products from them.

07/16/2013

Eric S.

Older small clinic in an outdoor mall type area. I was greeted quickly upon arrival and only waited 10 min. in waiting room before I was put in an exam room with my pet. VERY friendly Vet and their assistant. I printed out a coupon from their website off Angie's List to save money on a free office exam. The office cat is fun too. Very talkative.

Description of Work
Examined my dog and updated him on his shots.

07/08/2013

Robert S.

The service is excellent. I like the veterinarians there, they are very friendly, and they show an extreme amount of care and tenderness towards our pet.

Description of Work
We use them almost every quarter. Animal Kingdom is our veterinarian of choice. This was an annual physical for a dog. This included three or four shots that needed updated.

05/20/2013

Shannon Y.

I am so happy that I have the opportunity to provide this review. I have used Animal Kingdom for the past 20 years. The staff that serve there are like family members. During this time, have had 3 dogs. I have counted on Animal Kingdom for vet services, boarding, grooming, and surgical procedures. The staff takes time to learn about each animal and their owners. I would not trust anyone else with one else with my dogs. They are simply the Best!

Description of Work
Vet care. Grooming, Boarding.

Category veterinarian,kennels,pet grooming

01/20/2013

Cathy C.

The vet tech and the vet were very receptive to our new dog. Our dog was abit scared, the vet and tech made our dog more comfortable by talking to her and patting her. I feel as though botth the tech and vet, answered out questions, and allowed time for us to address any issues we may have had. Once our visit was finished, the vet asked us if our dog could have a treat!

Description of Work
Brought our new dog in for a physical and injections.

07/09/2012

Robert S.

My dog’s veterinarian is great. She is very caring. My dog did not even react to the injection. They are trustworthy.

Description of Work
I took my dog there for his shots.

12/08/2011

Steve S.

I like that it's my vet and my groomer. I get both there so I can go to one place and I know that my dogs get taken care of. They are very nice people. They really seem to care about my dog. They are terribly overly priced. Their punctuality is very good. I plan to use them in the future.

Description of Work
I use Animal Kingdom Veterinary Hospital. I used them just before Thanksgiving.

Category veterinarian,pet grooming

09/14/2007

RHODA M.

This vet is less than a mile from my house and they are very good. Dr. Highsmith cares for my dog and she has for years. She is very devoted and she takes really good care of him. Their charges are reasonable, but I think all vets are pretty high. I have no complaints with this vet at all. My last exam went just fine and I was very happy. The facility here is small, but very clean. It is in a strip mall and they keep it cleaned up. I never smell anything when I am there.

Description of Work
Dr. Highsmith at Animal Kingdom provided an exam on my dog.

Veterinarians
    Animal Grooming
    Animal Boarding Kennels
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Examination, Treatment, Laser Surgeries, Pet Dentistry, Boarding, Grooming, Exams, Lab Work, Vaccinations

After hours emergencies are referred to the Veterinary Specialty Hospital of Cary