Jack Smith's Transmissions

Founded 1962 • With Angi since August 2010

240 Biltmore Ave

Asheville, NC 28801

Jack Smith’s Advanced Transmission’s first year in business was 1962. It was started by NASCAR Driver Jack Smith who at one time owned shops in several states. Owners Tom Warwick and Dave Heitz have been the owners of the Asheville shop since 1999 and combined have over 75 years of experience in the automotive field....

06/07/2017

Amanda L.

I am now a loyal customer of Jack's. I felt that they were honest regarding the work to be done and everything was explained well. They even fixed a minor thing that my previous shop disregarded.

Description of Work
Had transmission serviced.

02/19/2017

victor H.

I have used their services for over one year now on multiple vehicles on multiple occasions. They are always prompt, honest and fully professional in their work. I have had water pumps replaced, axles replaced as well as general oil changes etc. I fully trust their work and their diagnosis. Have never had a problem

Description of Work
general service as well as more in depth automobile repair

Category auto repair

11/23/2016

Francis .

It went smoothly

Description of Work
transmission rebuild

05/21/2015

Kenneth R.

Description of Work
transmission fluid and filter change, differential oil change, oil and filter change. I was impressed with the professionalism and quality of service. The price of the service was higher than I expected, but I would have them service my car in the future.

Category auto repair,transmission repair

02/25/2015

Helen L.

12/28/2008

Anna S.

When I dropped off the car, I let them know how important it was that I get it back quickly, as I had no other mode of transportation and I'm a single mom. I dropped the car off at 1:30 on Thursday and the car was ready by 5:00 the next day. I have had additional transmission trouble after the repair that I think the mechanic could have let me know to expect before I spent the money for the fix, but I do not believe the additional problems are the result of poor workmanship and I am pleased overall with the work, timeliness and price.

Description of Work
Replaced a broken shift cable.

Auto Transmission
    Auto Service
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Transmission, oil change, brake installation, steering, battery testing & free diagnosic inspection.