Quality Transmission Service, Inc

Founded 1975 • With Angi since February 2005

5944 ARSENAL ST

Saint Louis, MO 63139

Quality Transmission is a small business with 6 employees. We do not use subcontractors at our business. We have been in business for over 35 years and are family owned & operated....

10/06/2017

John S.

They did a fantastic job on my transmission. It works better than it did when it was new. They also did some upgrades on my Diesel engine also. I’m extremely happy with the work and this is the only place I will take my vehicles. Very professional and fast work.

Description of Work
I had my transmission rebuilt and some diesel repair.

Category auto repair,transmission repair

02/16/2016

ERNEST B.

I set this up a few days prior to the work to be done. Left a deposit so they can order the parts. Few days later the car was dropped off in the morning and they called a little after 3 pm the same day that the work was done. They are very fast and efficient and their prices are very fair. I would only take our vehicle to this establishment over any of the other Transmission Brand Name Chains.

Description of Work
Replaced the clutch.

Category auto repair

06/08/2011

Barbara C.

When I called they gave me an estimated of the cost. I explained that it was a historic car that is always garaged. They said that they would treat it as they owned it and it would be ready within two days. The car was dropped off about 10:00 a.m on a Wednesday and was ready at 2;00p.m. on Thursday. Because of stormy weather, we elected not to pick up until Friday morning. The car was returned to us in clean condition and the bill was in accordance to the estimate.

Description of Work
Replaced the transmission in 1973 Cadillac

Category

05/14/2009

WAYNE L.

They came recommended by a garage that I use for minor work. My garage told me that they could probably do the work cheaper on my 02 PT Cruiser. I checked Angie's list and gave them a call. They had me have it towed in the same day. Dropped it at 5:30 PM. Told me that they would call me the next morning and they promptly called at 8:30. Agreed to a price and they said it would be done the following afternoon. Received a call about Noon the same day and they said they had a cancellation and it would be done the same afternoon. It has been running great for the past 3 months! Great service & price!

Description of Work
Rebuild the transmission.

03/14/2009

ERNEST B.

From the first day I arrived and spoke with John he assured me that they will see what the problem was; I was getting a P1870 code which means that the Transmission is slipping. I told him that I have no trouble in shifting gears and he did say that sometimes you wouldn't. He called me back within three hours and said that it was an Internal problem and a Rebuilt would cost $1575.00 with tax included. I told him to go ahead since I don't want to continue driving it and having the transmission further damaged. He called me back again and said that a Motor mount may need to be replaced and the Sway bar. I agreed to have that replaced and I picked up my car the next day!! Talk about quick turn around!! He told me that he replaced my cooler lines for no charge and said that I can look at the damaged parts like the Sway bar but I told him that it is not necessary. After making payment I told him that I found the company through Angies List that had him at A+, and the BBB has no complaints, issues, unresolved matters, etc.... for the past 36 months!! That told me a lot. John told me that if I notice ANY problem such as a leak or anything to just bring my car back in.

Description of Work
Installed a rebuilt transmission and converter, backed flushed the cooler. Replaced the sway bar, cooler lines and one motor mount. My car is a 1998 Pontiac Transport that is notoriously transmission problematic and it has over 219000 miles, and this is the third tranny.

10/10/2006

CHRIS L.

Transmission was removed from vehicle when the work was performed. Pat worked with me to get exactly what I wanted, even cleaned the transmission and painted it black. The price was very inexpensive when compared to other places, not to mention that they were one of two places that would do the work with the transmission out of the vehicle. Overall great job.

Description of Work
Rebuilt transmission, checked torque converter and added shift kit.

02/10/2005

ALTHOUGH QTS DID NO WORK FOR ME, THEY WERE THE ONLY PLACE TO ENCOURAGE ME TO CHECK THE OIL. IF AND WHEN MY TRANSMISSION DOES FAIL, YOU CAN BET THAT I WILL HAVE IT TOWED TO QTS.

Description of Work
TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS. CALLED THREE DIFFERENT PLACES. TWO OF THEM SPECULATED THAT THE JOB WOULD BE ABOUT $1500. AS I TALKED WITH PAT WALSH, HE TOLD ME THAT BEFORE I BRING IT IN, TO CHECK THE TRANSMISSION FLUID LEVEL. I WAS 1 QUART LOW ADDED OIL, PROBLEM GONE.

Auto Transmission
    Auto Service
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express

Standard transmission repair

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Quality Transmission Service, Inc

How is Quality Transmission Service, Inc overall rated?

Quality Transmission Service, Inc is currently rated 5 overall out of 5.

What days are Quality Transmission Service, Inc open?

Quality Transmission Service, Inc is open:

What payment options does Quality Transmission Service, Inc provide

Quality Transmission Service, Inc accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express

Does Quality Transmission Service, Inc offer free estimates?

Yes, Quality Transmission Service, Inc offers free project estimates.

Does Quality Transmission Service, Inc offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, Quality Transmission Service, Inc offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Quality Transmission Service, Inc offer a senior discount?

No, Quality Transmission Service, Inc does not offer a senior discount.

Are warranties offered by Quality Transmission Service, Inc?

Yes, Quality Transmission Service, Inc offers warranties.

What services does Quality Transmission Service, Inc offer?

Quality Transmission Service, Inc offers the following services: We sell rebuilt and remanufactured transmissions and transfer cases for all domestic and some import vehicles, as well as CV joints, boots, axles, drive shafts, u-joints and differentials. In addition, we do routine maintenance including fluid & filter changes. We offer computer updates, also known as flash reprogramming. We can reprogram your vehicle using the same reprogramming data that your Ford, GM and Chrysler use. We have the newest equipment to do your electronic testing & repair.

Are there any services Quality Transmission Service, Inc does not offer?

Standard transmission repair