DAN MILBOURN CONSTRUCTION

Founded 1969 • With Angi since June 2010

2621 TEXAS AVE

Saint Louis, MO 63118

For over 40 years, Dan Milbourn Construction Inc has been been attending all of St. Louis' masonry needs. Founded in 1969 by Dan Milbourn, a third generation mason, we are a small family owned and ran business that is flexible and able to cater to your needs. Please check us out with the Better Business Bureau....

chimney repair (15)masonry (15)door installation (4)handyman (1)

10/02/2020

Tad T.

Excellent. I found them through this site actually. I got bids from 4 companies and Dan's company, while not the cheapest, was competitive. They were impressive in their knowledge, shared the proper documentation (insurance, etc.) and were actually able to do the job sooner than expected. They even matched the grout color to the exist grout used on the rest of the house.

Description of Work
Relaying of brick and tuckpointing of chimney stack.

Work Completed On 09/24/2020

Hello Sir, Thank you so much for your review, we greatly appreciate it. Should you have any questions in the future concerning the work you can always give us a call or email and we will be more than happy to help you.

09/10/2020

John S.

Accurate estimate, professional staff, quality workmanship. They even tidied up the worksite each day, and wiped down the windows when they came back to waterproof/seal.

Description of Work
Tuckpointing

Work Completed On 09/09/2020

Hello Sir, Thank you so much. We enjoyed working with you and appreciated your business! If you ever have any questions or concerns about your work we're just a phone call or email away.

08/25/2020

Andrew R.

These guys are fantastic. We got four comparable bids but went with Milbourn. They are a third-generation company, and we were sold by Dan's professionalism and knowledge during the estimate. Tina manages their office and is extremely friendly, competent, and responsive. Chris Milbourn led the crew that did the job. He was fantastic. He stayed on schedule and let us know when the crew was coming and going. The work is better than we imagined. The garage side that faces are yard looked terrible---the last tuckpointing job smeared mortar all over the break. Chris pressure sprayed and cleaned it before tuckpointing and now it looks almost like new. Just a great job. Will be recommending to neighbors.

Description of Work
Tuckpointing of garage

Work Completed On 08/25/2020

Thank you so much for such kind words. We truly enjoyed meeting you and working with you on your project. If you have any questions at all I am here to answer them. Thank you again Sir!

08/24/2020

Sheryl K.

They were very professional. Came when they said they would. Cleaned up the job site each day. Chimney looks great!

Description of Work
Rebuild chimney

Work Completed On 08/24/2020

I'm so glad that we were able to help you with rebuilding your whole chimney. Thank you so much for your trust in our company. We look forward to working with you again for any future needs. Tina Milbourn

07/30/2020

Dennis D.

They did a good job of chimney did a great job after cleanup

Description of Work
Tuckpoint Of Chimney

Work Completed On 07/23/2020

Thank you so much. We appreciated your business and hope to do business with you again in the future. And as always, please call if you have any questions!

06/16/2020

CHRISTOPHER K.

They did a really good job. The house looks great. Showed up on time, communicated about when they would be able to work despite the unusual circumstances (covid). They did a good job explaining options during the work order estimate. Didn't leave much mess. Price was very fair - cost about the same as 2 other contractors but included more work.

Description of Work
Tuckpointing

Work Completed On 06/10/2020

Thank you so much, it was a pleasure working with you and Molly on your project.

04/25/2020

Richard R.

I would highly recommend them: Great communication, very professional, quality workmanship. Work area was cleaned up daily.

Description of Work
Repair/tuckpointing of sidewalk and porch

Work Completed On 03/17/2020

Thank you so much Sir. It was a pleasure meeting you!

01/08/2020

Rand S.

The whole project went exceedingly well! Very pleased with workmanship, customer service, pricing, and technical knowledge. Definitely will use again on another project!!

Description of Work
Rebuild Chimney

Work Completed On 11/15/2019

Thank you! It has been a pleasure meeting you and working with you on the 3 seperate projects.

10/18/2019

Mark M.

Dan Milbourn Construction Inc. gets a BIG A+ from us. They were prompt and professional when estimating our project. Sometimes you just get that gut feeling that this is the company you want for your project. They did not try to oversell the project and actually informed us that one of our brick column was just fine... there was no need to rebuild it. Chris kept us well informed. As far as I'm concerned excellent communications with the customer is almost, not quite, as important as doing a Great Professional Job and that is what we got. Thank You, Mark & Louise

Description of Work
Rebuild brick column, caulk seams and caulking of driveway expansion joints.

Work Completed On 10/18/2019

Review for DAN MILBOURN CONSTRUCTION - 2621 TEXAS AVE, Saint Louis, MO - 38181407

08/10/2018

Jim R.

The bid by Milbourn was not the lowest. However, their explanation and detail descriptions of what they will do was excellent. That’s why they were chosen. The work was done as expected. We need to give it about 6 months to find out if their repairs did the trick, but I’m betting they did.

Description of Work
Chimney Repair

Work Completed On 08/08/2018

12/06/2017

Michelle S.

The job was completed on time and on budget, the crew was very professional and cleaned up after the work was done. I would absolutely hire them again for other masonry work.

Description of Work
Chimney Tuckpointing

Work Completed On 09/28/2017

08/28/2017

NANCY W.

Work looks great with one small exception--there are a few spots of grout that didn't get cleaned up and are now stuck to the stones. All other aspects of the work went well. Skillful and courteous crew; informative communication from all employees; careful problem solving around some unexpected issues resulting in a good outcome for the project. I would be glad to hire them again.

Description of Work
Masonry--re-lay and tuckpoint stone steps and landing at front door.

Work Completed On 08/28/2017

08/26/2017

David P.

Very professional, kept us update on everything, top quality work.

Description of Work
Repaired chimney from recent storm damage.

Work Completed On 08/01/2017

06/02/2017

Kitty R.

It all turned out excellent. They were very timely and showed up when they said.

Description of Work
They did a lot of caulking around my pool and driveway.

Category handyman service

Work Completed On 06/02/2017

05/03/2017

Jeremy I.

I got many bids for both of these jobs and Milbourn was not only reasonably priced, but they did excellent work in a professional manner. Since we have an old brick home, I know we will need additional work in the future and Milbourn has definitely earned my trust and my business.

Description of Work
Dan and his crew have actually done two different projects for me. First, they tuck-pointed and properly sealed our chimney, which was leaking moisture into our second-floor plaster walls. Second, they did some "spot" tuck-pointing for me on one side of my house so I could pass our occupancy inspection.

Work Completed On 04/25/2017

04/24/2017

Dianne G.

Went very well. There were a few areas that needed to be re-done when wrong color of mortar was used, so they came back and corrected without issue. It was a big job and they did a great job.

Description of Work
Spot tuck pointing, infill of windows and doors that were being removed, re-lay of large section of brick wall.

Work Completed On 04/12/2017

04/13/2017

Josephine B.

Dan came out and determined that the leak was not from the brickwork. He was very honest and very helpful. I was not billed for services I did not need.

Description of Work
I had a leak and I thought it was from the masonry.

Work Completed On 04/13/2017

10/05/2016

Erasmus B.

Very professional and punctual.

Description of Work
Tuckpointing on front exterior and chimney

Work Completed On 09/01/2016

08/15/2016

Elizabeth G.

Could not have gone better! The work was timely and expertly performed - and in a professional manner. Communication about each step was excellent and options fully explained. Additional requests were no problem. The whole job was a great experience, and we are so pleased with the result!

Description of Work
Tuckpointing of 2 sides of house, caulking along house and patio, deteriorated limestone wall repair

Work Completed On 07/22/2016

08/05/2014

Fred B.

It was very good. They're absolutely fantastic. They were wonderful. I was very pleased. They were out promptly. Their price was like 25% of the other bid I got. They did things exactly the way I wanted which included they were removing some bricks so, they piled them up for me the way I wanted. They did a little bit of extra work too. They also did window caulking. It was part of the job but did a really nice job on that.

Description of Work
I've used Dan Milbourn Construction.

Category doors

Work Completed On 06/11/2013

01/29/2014

Fred B.

Prompt, professional, thorough, friendly, etc.

Description of Work
Cost was less than half that of other bidder, which was also an Angie's List contractor.

Work Completed On 05/05/2013

07/24/2013

Sandra B.

It went very well. They are very conscientious. They left a really clean site. It was perfectly done. I never had any problems. Their pricing is very reasonable.

Description of Work
I bought a new front door and screen door from Dan Milbourn Construction and they installed it for me.

Category doors

Work Completed On 01/01/2012

09/30/2011

Adele & Mark H.

Work was performed promptly and as scheduled and seems to have corrected the problem.

Description of Work
Repaired chimney to prevent rain leakage. His was by far the most reasonable bid, he was careful to do the work when it wasn't too hot, and with several hard rains since the repair, there has been no additional leakage.