Certified Transmission

Founded 1979 • With Angi since February 2004

4.2

12908 S US Highway 71

Grandview, MO 64030

Certified Transmission in Grandview offers a complete range of automotive transmission services for both foreign and domestic cars and trucks. The team at our transmission shop in Grandview is dedicated to the Certified Transmission motto of getting "The Job Done Right...At The Right Price". Call or email us today for a price quote on a new remanufactured transmission or with any other questions you may have about any transmission problems you may be experiencing....

05/18/2011

Arthur R.

Vehicle (2002 Ford Ranger) dropped off for diagnostics. Informed would receive a call on Tues (5/10/11). No phone call. On 5/11/11) a.m. I called them. Staff is full of apologies, just got behind, will be sure to get to my vehicle before close of business and will call right back. “The rack we need to do the diagnostics is busy right now, as soon as it’s open we’ll get you checked out.” Received call (finally) on Wed late. Need full repair. Will call Thursday (5/12/11 to let me know how repairs were going. No call Thursday or Friday. Monday (5/16/11) I was preparing to call shop and received a call. “Transmission should be in (I didn’t know I that they didn't repair on site or that it had to go out) on late Monday. Likely to have ready Tuesday evening.” No call Tuesday afternoon, I called them. “Well, the rack we need is busy right now, as soon as that rack is open we’ll know more. Caled late Tuesday (from them), “well were not sure, It probably won’t be ready until Wednesday (5/18/11). Wed (5/18/11) called at 10:00 and told ready. I arrived at 4:45, paid the bill and waited an extra 10 minutes while they looked for my vehicle key. They never did find the key, I used my wife’s spare. Went to my truck and it was totally unlocked in the parking lot. This is the worst customer service that, to my memory, I have every received. I have no comment on the mechanical, I’ve only had the truck for 2 hours. If you want good customer service, to be called when promissed or good feed-back, look elsewhere.

Description of Work
Transmission repair (overhaul) 2002 Ford ranger (202K miles)

08/20/2008

KARIN D.

It went very well. They were very good. They were pleasant to work with. They were on time and they worked quickly. I would definitely recommend them to others.

Description of Work
They changed our automatic transmission.

06/29/2005

LEO B.

AUTOMOBILE HAD A NOISE THAT SOUNDED LIKE IT WAS THE TRANSMISSION. MY REGULAR MECHANIC ALSO THOUGHT IT WAS THE TRANSMISSION, HE DOES NOT DO TRANSMISSIONS. I CHECKED ANGIES LIST AND SAW THAT CERTIFIED TRANSMISSION WAS LISTED. I ALSO HAD HEARD GOOD REPORTS ON THEM. I CALLED AND TALKED TO THE MANAGER SCOTT THIBAULT AND TOLD HIM THE SYMPTOMS AND SCHEDULED AN APPOINTMENT TO BRING THE CAR IN, HE ADVISED IT COULD BE VARIOUS THINGS NOT NECESSARILY THE TRANSMISSION. THEY WOULD DO A DIAGNOSTIC CHECK TO DETERMINE THE CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM. I WAS PLEASANTLY SURPRISED WHEN HE TOLD ME IT WAS NOT THE TRANSMISSION BUT A WHEEL BEARING MAKING THE NOISE. I WANT TO COMPLIMENT SCOTT THIBAULT AND HIS STAFF ON THEIR PROFESSIONALISM AND HONESTY.

Description of Work
REPLACED LEFT WHEEL ASSEMBLY AND CHANGED TRANSMISSION FLUID AND FILTER.

03/25/2004

ELIZABETH A.

THEY WERE VERY ACCOMMODATING. GAVE US A LOANER CAR TO USE WHILE THE WORK WAS BEING DONE. PRICED FAIRLY.

Description of Work
REPLACED THE TRANSMISSION.

02/20/2004

Alice K.

THEY WERE VERY RESPECTFUL AND HELPFUL IN GETTING MY VEHICLE RETURNED TO ME ON TIME. ALSO, THE PROMPTNESS OF THEIR PEOPLE WAS EXCEPTIONAL.

Description of Work
REPAIRS TO TRANSMISSION.

02/18/2004

THEY WERE FANTASTIC. THE WORK TOOK ABOUT TWO DAYS.

Description of Work
THEY REBUILT OUR TRANSMISSION.

JoCo Auto Repair

Welcome to JoCo Auto Repair - your car repair specialists located in Merriam, Kansas. We are a full service facility - no repair job is too large, and no service is too small. What makes us special? We've been in business for over 30 years - that's over 30 years of experience making satisfied customers. All of our mechanics and technicians are ASE Certified and constantly undergo training in the latest automotive technology. Free loaner car while we work on your car (by appointment only). We stand by our work - our repairs are covered by a 24-month, 24,000-mile nationwide warranty. We understand your needs and take time to listen to your concerns. Our staff are honest and ethical. They treat our customers with respect - I hire and train them that way. Come in and experience the difference that quality service makes! We KEEP LIFE ROLLING.

Auto Transmission
    Auto Service
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available, Check

Our transmission Repair and services include the following: transmission rebuild, transmission cooler, 4-Wheel drive 4x4, Automatic transmission, computer diagnosis, external diagnosis, Fluid & filter replacement, Manual transmission, Performance transmission, Transfer, Transmission Adjustment, Transmission reseal, Transmission replacement.