Joseph A. Muccini MD LLC

With Angi since October 2008

222 S Woods Mill Rd Ste 475N

Chesterfield, MO 63017

MidAmerica Skin Health & Vitality Center is a medical, surgical and cosmetic practice specializing in dermatology in St Louis, Missouri and the surrounding areas. Owned and operated by Joseph A. Muccini, MD, MidAmerica Skin Health & Vitality Center strives to help patients understand and treat their medical skin conditions (skin health) as well as learn about lifestyle choices and cosmetic products/services that will help keep their skin looking as youthful as possible (skin vitality). Dr. Muccini is a Harvard and Columbia-trained, Board Certified, Dermatologist with over 20 years of experience in medical and surgical dermatology. His expertise ranges from routine skin conditions such as acne, psoriasis and simple keratoses to the most complex skin diseases such as skin cancer, toxic skin reactions and paraneoplastic conditions. Complementing his proficiency in medical and surgical dermatology, Dr. Muccini also offers a wide and expanding array of traditional cosmetic dermatology products and services, including PrecisionTx™ laser treatment for neck tightening (“turkey neck”) and small area contouring; PEARL® and PEARL® Fractional Laser texturing; and Laser/IPL reduction of wrinkles, sun damage, spider veins, and excess hair, among others. He also features premier cosmetic dermatology products, including Botox®, Juvederm®, Belotero®, Restylane Silk®, Restylane Lyft®, Radiesse®, Latisse®, Epionce®, Clarisonic®, and colorscience®. The company’s esthetician provides facials, chemical peels, Pellevé® skin tightening, SkinPen™II microneedling, dermaplaning, waxing, and other services. From the simplest skin conditions to the most complex skin diseases, from traditional cosmetic products to cutting edge cosmetic technology, MidAmerica Skin Health & Vitality Center maintains expertise in all things skin rejuvenation in Chesterfield and the surrounding areas....

07/07/2018

Danielle A.

Dr. Muccini and his entire staff are excellent! He spends time really getting to know his patients and their skin issues. I moved to St. Louis 20 years ago and struggled to find a dermatologist that was extremely knowledgeable about eczema. Found Dr. Muccini two years after arriving and he's been my Dermatologist every since. He's funny and cares deeply for his patients. I lost health insurance in 2015, but Dr. Muccini reduced his office visit fee so I could afford to see him. Most docs are all about the money and not concerned with their patients, Dr. Muccini is one-of-a-kind. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Treated eczema

01/21/2014

Description of Work
Diagnosed and removed two squamous cell carcinomas.

12/03/2013

I have an appointment with him tomorrow. I like his personality, the fact that he is so thorough. He had to do a scraping to try and figure out what the skin problem was. The staff seemed fine, I didn't really have much to do with them. I have only been there once.

Description of Work
I use Dr. Joseph A. Muccini. He is my dermatologist.

11/20/2013

Dr. Muccini has a great bedside manner. He immediately put me at ease, answered all my questions and proceeded with treatment.

Description of Work
I had seen my podiatrist and she suggested that I have a mole checked that she noticed on the top of my foot. Also wanted to have an all over skin cancer evaluation.

07/02/2013

He has been my dermatologist for years. I went to him a couple of months ago. I have recommended him. He does a great job and he is an outstanding physician. I have been going to him for decades. I will continue to use him.

Description of Work
Dr. Joseph A. Muccini is my dermatologist. He takes care of some skin problems that I have.

05/09/2013

It was well. He and his staff were very professional and accomodating. They were very friendly.

Description of Work
I had a mole removed from my face.

03/08/2013

Dr. Muccini is very personable and works very fast. He talks fast too, so you have to keep up. He does sell products from his office, but his prices are lower than retail. Very efficient, courteous front-end staff as well. We will go back.

Description of Work
Dermatology stuff - all-over body check, removal of dark spots and moles, etc.

07/11/2012

I have gone to him for about seven years. Have been very satisfied.

Description of Work
yearly checkup. HE is an excellent derm. I tell everyone I know to go to him.

06/15/2012

The appointment went well. I had to wait about 30 minutes before being seen by the doctor. The waiting area is very pleasant and relaxing so I didn't mind the wait. Dr. Muccini has a good sense of humor. We discussed the medication he'd prescribed for psoriasis and he looked at the problem areas. Basically the areas were not irritated because the medication worked very well. Just a word of warning. Sometimes Dr. Muccini talks very fast and uses medical terms that patient's may not know. Do not hesitate to ask questions or to ask for clarifcation. He is happy to provide more information or answer questions. I feel very comfortable with him. And again the office is a pleasant relaxing environment.

Description of Work
I saw Dr. Muccini for a follow up visit for psoriasis.

11/03/2011

It was easy to get an appointment convienent to my schedule. The appointment went well and I felt as if Dr Muccinni listened to my concerns.

Description of Work
I liked that way Dr Muccini was very direct and told it like it was about taking care of my potential pre-cancer situation!

08/02/2011

I have been going to him for years because I constantly get small skin cancer underway for growing up in Southern California. He takes care of everything and has cured so much. I have no problems and I like him personally. I like his staff as well.

Description of Work
Dr. Muccini is my dermatologist and my last visit with him was about a month ago.

04/13/2011

They were able to get me an appointment within a couple of days. I had to wait for awhile in the waiting room, but it was worth it. The staff was great and very friendly. Dr. Muccini was very nice and spent a lot of time making sure to understand my situation and explained all of my options and his reasoning for picking his solution. He even gave me several samples of face wash because I mentioned that my son liked it when he recommended it to me. I am already planning to take my daughter in to see him.

Description of Work
I went to see Dr. Muccini for acne issues. He gave me a couple of prescriptions that are working well.

08/13/2009

He is a very good dermatologist and I really like him. He is just funny and really a nice person with great sense of humor. He also has a great bedside manner.

Description of Work
Dr. Muccini is my dermatologist and he is treating me for acne.

06/09/2009

I have had a lot of skin problems and he has taken care of them. He is friendly, outgoing, knowledgeable and intelligent. He once figured out a problem that I had, which I was not aware of. It has been a positive experience with him.

Description of Work
Dr. Joseph Muccini is my dermatologist and I have been going to him for many years.

06/04/2009

I have had a good experience with him. He is easy to talk to. He doesn’t belittle you when you ask questions; he takes every question seriously. I have also taken my daughter in to him with a wart problem, so he is able to help children, too.

Description of Work
He is my dermatologist.

03/06/2009

Dr. Muccini is very good. He is very thorough and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Dr. Muccini is my wife's dermatologist. Her last visit was to treat her acne. He has also seen our son for his acne.

Dermatology - General