Sister Rosalind Gefre Massage & Wellness Center

Founded 1985 • With Angi since October 2005

621 Cleveland Ave

Saint Paul, MN 55116

We provide high quality treatments in Massage Therapy, special Membership rates, we also bill your insurance for Massage Therapy on Workers Comp and Auto Injury claims. Cecks, Visa, Master card, Amer. Express, Discover accepted....

03/22/2017

Michelle G.

I will not be back, it's a waste of your relaxing time, as it is anything but.

Description of Work
I was a member for a few years and just recently cancelled my monthly membership. The therapists are nice but the building itself has the thinnest walls. I have complained multiple times about the noise level. Some of the therapists are very chatty and loud and voices carry in there, a lot. To top it off today was my last massage and I listened the full hour to construction being done above me.

Category massage therapy

Dear [Member Name Removed], I'm so sorry to hear of your disappointment about the noise you have encountered, we currently have roof work being done on our building beyond our control. We are always trying to ensure we stay as quiet as possible and inform people of scheduled work when it comes up. We certainly want to make this right for you and we will be in touch. Thank you so much for letting us know. - Sister Rosalind's

03/11/2016

Linda F.

Other than the therapist was a bit more chatty than I personally care for, it's was one of the best massages I've had in a LONG time.

Description of Work
Massage gift card from my hubby for Valentines day.

Category massage therapy

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to tell us how we are doing. This feedback is used to communicate with the staff and your feedback is vital to us maintaining the quality service we are striving for. Thanks again and hope to see you soon! Corey Han Sister Rosalind Massage

12/02/2015

Loren S.

Description of Work
The date of service was Nov 18, 2015.

Category chiropractor

Hi [Member name], Thank you for sharing feedback on your experience with us! We value your opinion and appreciate your business. We hope to see again soon. Sister Rosalind Massage

06/17/2014

PAUL T.

I had tried 7 or 8 massage therapist before I found two that were extremely helpful! I would highly recommend both Melissa and Jennifer!! These two lady's were able to bring resolve to my issues, both using a combination of modalities in the process. Sisters has a membership plan that is definitely worth joining. For $39 a month, which includes a 1hr massage, you receive discounts on ALL the services that they provide! Yes I recommend Sisters - especially if you have the pleasure of Melisa or Jennifer as your therapist!!

Description of Work
I have problems with neck & back issues. Receiving massages helps tremendously!

Category massage therapy

Hi [member name removed], Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience with our staff. We take great pride in being able to offer the monthly membership rate at $49 and every additional massage at $39. It allows for people to get the treatment they need at a more affordable rate. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

02/26/2014

pat M.

Category massage therapy

[removed member name] Thank you for sharing your experience with us, we are pleased that it was exceptional. Please continue to let us know how we are doing and if there is anything that will help make your visit even more enjoyable. Sister Rosalinds

11/03/2013

MICHAEL H.

I have seen many massage therapists, but none half as good as the therapist I see at Sister Rosalind's. The therapist I see is fantastic. She uses firm pressure and applies multiple techniques to relieve the knots I have. The office staff is professional and helpful. As long as I book appointments on the first of the month when new calendars come out, this place is the best. The atmosphere is more clinical than spa-like, but I have NEVER had a better massage.

Description of Work
I receive massages for relief of work-related pain. I work at a desk all day and have pain in my neck, shoulders, and arms.

05/12/2013

Suzanne P.

I received many massages from Sister Rosalind's. The treatment and massage therapists were excellent. The office environment is okay, but don't come here looking for the spa experience. Recently, the administration and billing have been incredibly frustrating. I signed up for the monthly membership plan but quickly found it nearly impossible to book appointments that weren't during 9-5 work hours. Slots with my favorite three therapists were always full and when I tried to book far in advance they had never set the schedule further out than a month. I would end up calling every week to see if the schedule for the next month had been set up--and I still usually couldn't find an after hours or weekend slot. So, since I couldn't use the monthly membership without taking time off work, I cancelled. Unfortunately, contract cancellations don't take effect for 60 days--leading to an extra two months of charges. And the unused membership massages (one per month) are gone when you cancel--so I never did find a time to use them, although I paid for them. All in all, I ended up with a very expensive set of two or three massages. Unless you're a regular with an inside track on your favorite therapist, are scheduling a one-off any time massage, or work off-hours, it's not worth the agita. If you meet any of those criteria, it's a reasonably priced massage with some very skilled practitioners.

Description of Work
I received massages from this clinic.

03/26/2013

Jean B.

I've seen a number of different masseuses at Sister Rosalind's and all but one were excellent. The one who was poor was kind, but not skillful. I did communicate with a staff member about the poor massage and was told that that masseuse has received poor comments from other clients, but she still works there. I do hope that whoever oversees the staff will assist the one masseuse who is poor in providing better services.

Description of Work
I periodically get massages for stress reduction and recently I had a car accident and am getting massages for an injury. I have seen several different masseuses at Sister Rosalind's, and with one exception, I have received excellent care. There are providers with training in different types of massage, which makes a difference when seeking massage for different reasons (for example, stress management vs. injury treatment).

06/16/2012

Jean S.

I started with Sister Roselind's many, many years ago and am a monthly member. It is one of the best and cheapest places in town to get a massage, even if you are not a member. With the membership rates, it is an incredible value. I had some health issues and did not receive my massages for a few months, but they were saved for me and I took extras some months and caught up again.

Description of Work
I am a member at Sister Rosalind's in Highland Park. It is so, so reasonable and convenient for me. I have been having hip pain and the massage really helps. I sometimes request massage for my sinuses and that helps.

10/31/2011

SUSAN C.

I've had several appointments with several different therapists, so I'll talk a little about the last two I worked with. I believe Kim was the one I worked with most recently. She was really good about identifying the cause of some stiffness in my lower back, and working over some serious knots. I was a bit sore after she was done, but once that wore off I had a much better range of motion. Kim also provided a list of "Computer and Desk Stretches", which I now have posted at my work station. I went to Beth a number of months ago to have a hot stone massage, which was really nice. A little awkward to lay on the stones (the stones are flat and smooth, but my back likes to protest anyway). However, the stones put a wonderful amount of heat into my muscles, which felt great. My one regret is that I signed up for a 1 hour massage that day, and Kim said it would be better to do 1 1/2 hours to get the full benefit. I agree with her, and wish that the receptionist would have cued me in to that when I made the appointment. Overall I have always been treated with care, dignity and respect at Sister Rosalind's, so I am happy to return. Each year at about this time (Thanksgiving to Christmas, I think) they usually have a sale on gift certificates, so I like to stock up for the year when I can.

Description of Work
I have ongoing issues with stress and knotted-up muscles (I do technical support and other software work, so I sit at a desk all day). I have been to Sister Rosalind's several times and have worked with several of their massage therapists. Each therapist has her own style - some are more goal-oriented (they will work REALLY hard to unknot those muscles!), and others will focus more on relaxation, although at the beginning of each massage you can always discuss what your goals are, and they're quite good about working with you to meet your goals.

09/14/2011

Anne B.

I am not someone who likes massage, but Amy did a wonderful job, and it loosened up the muscles for the chiropractic treatment. Dr. Kirk Brausen (?spelling) is a wonderful person. He did help me, especially with spinal stenosis.

Description of Work
Parking is difficult. Appointments are on-time by both massage and chiropractic. Staff is warm and inviting.

Category chiropractor, massage therapy, reflexology

09/08/2011

Mike H.

The therapists are very good at listening to what aches and pains and depth of pressure your looking for.

Description of Work
One hour massage and ajustment from Dr. Brausen. everything was great. Have been going for many years, never had any problems, although now you must call in advance for appointments as they are very popular.

08/23/2011

Ben N.

Found Sister Rosalind on Angie's List and after reviewing a few different providers called the clinic. It was very easy to get an appointment and the receptionist was very professional. I am not religious so I was a little wary of the environment, but my experience was fine. A good massage and good post massage advice. I would return.

Description of Work
Went in for a full body massage and was happy with the therapist. Very accomodating schedule.

03/17/2011

Sarah T.

Professionals are knowledgable and informative. I believe that my treatment at Sister Rosalind's kept me from having to have surgery on my shoulder.

Description of Work
Theraputic Massage for frozen shoulder.

02/23/2011

Janice E.

I had a recurrence of low back pain and wanted to take advantage of chiropractic care that was near to my home vs. a previous Chiropractor that was many miles away. I was barely able to stand up straight before my examination and adjustment. Dr. Brausen listened carefully to my symptoms and performed an examination and then made an adjustment. I was able to stand up straight immediately and have continued to see Dr. Brausen as well as a massage therapist, Kim Mours on a regular basis.

Description of Work
Chiropractic examination and treatment.

11/17/2010

James M.

Over the years I have had different massage therapists. All are well trained and professional. Dr. Brausen, the chiropractor, is excellent. He is a truly gifted healer.

Description of Work
I have been receiving weekly massage at Sister's for years. Also use chiropractic service about once a month

10/11/2010

Anne M.

The experience was fine. I went to Sister Rosalind's years ago, and I did not remember it being so religious. I was a little uncomfortable with all of the religious paraphenalia and the offers to pray over me. The massage was relaxing--not the best or worst I've ever received. My husband felt the same about his.

Description of Work
My husband and I both got full body massages.

09/09/2010

David P.

I had a horrible knot in my back that I couldn't work out on my own. After an hour-long massage, the knot was gone, and I left feeling relaxed and rejuvenated.

Description of Work
massage

05/18/2010

Jean S.

I have been going to Sister Rosalind's clinic for years. I have a membership, so I get one massage a month with that membership. A member can schedule an additional massage in the month for a much reduced price. Since this is a religious clinic, the therapists will ask if there is a concern in your life that you want a prayer for. I love having the prayer aspect to the massage. The prayer is very meaningful after having someone work on your body. Five years ago I had atrial fibrillation and finally had open heart surgery to correct it. I got weekly massage and I attribute the massage with making my life manageable at that time.

Description of Work
You can receive different types of massage, even with hot rocks placed on your body. I don't ever get that but it is available. I always get an hour massage and I have settled on one particular therapist.

06/10/2009

Jennifer E.

I have been seeing Dr. Brossen for 3 years. The experience with Dr. Brossen has been wonderful. He has been able to take care of the back problems that I have. He communicates with you. He has a personal relationship with the patients. He is very personable.

Description of Work
I saw Dr. Brossen at Sister Rosalind Highland Park Massage Clinic for chiropractic purposes.

04/08/2009

Barry S.

I have had great results. I have neck and shoulder issues. If I go to see him once or twice the pain is gone immediately.

Description of Work
Dr. Rosalind is my chiropractor.

01/24/2009

CONNIE A.

I received some gift certificates and have been getting 2 or 3 massages a year for several years at Sister Rosalind's. The massage therapists have all been very pleasant and give a great massage. I always leave relaxed.

Description of Work
I've had 1 hour full body massages from several of the massage therapists at the Highland Center.

10/25/2008

JEANNE D.

I had a very sore neck and my muscles were very tight. I called and tried to get a same day massage, but they were booked. They gave me a phone number of the center in West St. Paul. I called and they added me last so I could get in that night. They were very professional, experienced, focused on my problem areas, and worked out some knots!

Description of Work
A focused massage on my neck and back.

10/31/2006

NICOLE F.

Ann was very calm and friendly. She has strong hands and is able to apply significant pressure when it is called for. I was very relaxed at the end and knots were gone.

Description of Work
1.5 hour massage to release stress and relax tight muscles.

10/30/2005

DAVID W.

GOOD MASSAGE. REASONABLE PRICE. NO PROBLEM WITH GETTING GOOD BACK RELIEF DESPITE THE LIMITATIONS OF THE PREGNANCY.

Description of Work
I WENT TO THE WELLNESS CENTER FOR A PRENATAL MASSAGE. I HAD LOTS OF LOWER BACK PAIN.

Massage Therapy
    Chiropractic Care
    Massage Therapy - Reflexology
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal

Ask for details.

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Sister Rosalind Gefre Massage & Wellness Center

How is Sister Rosalind Gefre Massage & Wellness Center overall rated?

Sister Rosalind Gefre Massage & Wellness Center is currently rated 4.7 overall out of 5.

What days are Sister Rosalind Gefre Massage & Wellness Center open?

Sister Rosalind Gefre Massage & Wellness Center is open:

What payment options does Sister Rosalind Gefre Massage & Wellness Center provide

Sister Rosalind Gefre Massage & Wellness Center accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal

Does Sister Rosalind Gefre Massage & Wellness Center offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, Sister Rosalind Gefre Massage & Wellness Center does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Sister Rosalind Gefre Massage & Wellness Center offer a senior discount?

No, Sister Rosalind Gefre Massage & Wellness Center does not offer a senior discount.

What services does Sister Rosalind Gefre Massage & Wellness Center offer?

Sister Rosalind Gefre Massage & Wellness Center offers the following services: Personal Injury, Auto Insurance billing - full body swedish massage, deep tissue, trigger point therapy, rehabilitation therapies, Chiropractic/Accupuncture care, doctor referrals, acupressure, sports massage, geriatric massage, reflexology, joint movement, myofascial release, on-site chair massage, doctor's natural pharmacy, nutritional & skin care products.

Are there any services Sister Rosalind Gefre Massage & Wellness Center does not offer?

Ask for details.