Design Unlimited Painting LLC

Founded 1977 • With Angi since April 2007

Design Unlimited Painting was established in 1977. We specialize in Interior and exterior Painting residential and commercial,and Power-washing residential and commercial,It is a family owned and operated business,with mostly family members working for us. Our painters have at least 15 years experience. We will travel up to 100 miles from St.Paul Mn.to paint your home or business. We offer a 2 to 5 year labor warranty on our labor, and up to a lifetime warranty on the paint we use on your project. We also will gladly match or beat any written estimate by another professional painter.Please feel free to check our website for many pictures of jobs weve done and references,and call us for any other information,at a very fair price in this day and age that is as important as quality,also living in our state we use all high quality paints that work well at a temperature as low as 33 degrees.We are offering a spring discount 20% , there are many pictures of jobs on our website www.designunlimitedpainting.com...

A Service Provider's profile image

+15 more images

interior painting (109)house painting (74)pressure washing (25)siding companies (6)handyman (4)roofing (1)plastering (1)flooring (1)

07/02/2022

David G.

Brian and Kevin know their stuff. They took our 110 year old (yellow) house and made it the nicest house on the block. It was fun chatting up the boys for a bit too. Will hire again.

Description of Work
Exterior house painting

Work Completed On 06/22/2022

Review for Design Unlimited Painting LLC - 143 Moreland Ave E, Saint Paul, MN - 39785684

Thanks for the great review, we really appreciate it

11/03/2019

Debra S.

Working with Bryan and his crew was a pleasure. Bryan was extremely responsive (both via text and phone), from getting the initial quote to making sure we were satisfied with the result. He was able to fit our exterior paining job in during a busy fall, and his crew completed the job in 3 days. They were very neat during all prep and cleanup too. Absolutely recommend!

Description of Work
Exterior painting

Work Completed On 10/15/2019

10/10/2019

FRANK R.

The painter, Mike, showed up as promised. Did a neat professional job. Satisfied with the results.

Description of Work
Needed some outside window trim painted.

Work Completed On 10/09/2019

10/06/2019

LINDA H.

The painters were very pleasant and worked hard. I was impressed by how efficient they were and how thorough. We have a big 2 story walkout and they got the entire job done and touched up in 3 days.

Description of Work
Paint the exterior of our house

Work Completed On 06/14/2019

06/05/2019

Norman L.

I received a lot of compliments from our neighbors and they really did a good job. They were on time, fast, very friendly, nice people, pleasant and they even gave me some good advice. I am 75 years old and they came out, told me the pros and cons and did not try to up sell. I could not have been more pleased with their service.

Description of Work
They did power washing and put on double coating of paint.

Work Completed On 09/05/2018

06/04/2019

Kristi J.

Bryan and Mark were excellent! Bryan was able to get me on the books quickly as we needed the job done within 3 weeks of the initial call and answered all the questions I had (and I had a ton!). Mark did a fantastic job with the trim work and we have received several compliments from our neighbors regarding the job well done. I will definitely be calling Bryan for all my painting projects in the future.

Description of Work
Painting facia, soffits, and door trim

Work Completed On 05/30/2019

12/27/2018

ignacio S.

The work done was excellent. They were prompt and punctual in providing the estimate for all the work to be done and it was completed on time and according to the schedule. Great people who do excellent work. Highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Replace, prime and paint all the house facia. Pressure clean and paint all exterior walls

Work Completed On 11/26/2018

11/01/2018

Meredith S.

We had Bryan and his crew paint the entire front exterior of our home, including trim and garage doors. I could not have been happier with their work! We have gotten so many compliments about how great it looks and even sent more people his way to get theirs done. Shortly after we did that, we decided to repaint our front doors and had Bryan come then as well. He had his some Chase to our doors and they are also fantastic! We're thinking about some interior painting next and you can guess who we'll call for that. :-)

Description of Work
Exterior painting

Work Completed On 06/26/2018

Review for Design Unlimited Painting LLC - 143 Moreland Ave E, Saint Paul, MN - 37524124

10/30/2018

FRANK R.

The owners son Chase came out and did the job. I was glad to get someone at the last minute. Handled the job professionally and was done with time to spare. Very happy it got done before the winter months.

Description of Work
Needed outside window trim painting done before cold weather set in.

Work Completed On 10/29/2018

10/29/2018

Sharon L.

The crew did a great job. My house was difficult to paint. It has very high peaks. They were very thorough. They removed gutters, light fixtures and repaired a few things as needed. They were very pleasant to work with. I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Painted the Exterior of my House

Work Completed On 10/29/2018

10/16/2018

Kathryn H.

Bryan was very responsive to my request for a bid - dropping by the house within two days and submitting an estimate very soon after that. He was very responsive to questions - answering via text and email very quickly. Once we hired them they kept us informed on their backlog of work and the tentative calendar date they would start. His start date estimates proved to be reasonably close. Once they started the work it moved along at a fairly rapid clip. They took care to move patio furniture, tie back hedges and bushes, and scrape existing trim. The quality of the painting is very good. We are extremely pleased with how the project came out and our fence looks brand new. At one during the project we asked them to change the color of the gutters and they repainted those without a change order. The final bill came right on target and very close to the estimate. We would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
We hired Design Unlimited to paint the exterior of our three story home, plus our detached garage, plus re-stain our cedar fence in the backyard

Work Completed On 09/24/2018

10/09/2018

Cathie W.

The quality of the paint job is basically "fine" - but there were other things, like needing to point out that they'd entirely missed a spot, like the gutters/downspouts not being replaced correctly, the numbers on the house and the garage not being put back on (and one of the garage numbers was broken), and one of the outdoor light fixtures not being re-installed that really left me with an overall "meh" feeling about the experience. Additionally, there was a large puddle of wet paint on the lawn one day which our Labrador immediately found, and tracked through our house. After our initial estimate, we requested metal primer. Getting an appropriate PDF of the revised estimate was fruitless. The owner needs an administrative assistant who can operate a computer. Additionally, we were asked to write our final check for payment directly in the owner's name, rather than the company, which just left a bad taste in my mouth. Although they were our lowest bid by about $700, we wouldn't hire them again.

Description of Work
We had our house and garage repainted

Work Completed On 10/09/2018

09/21/2018

Shane L.

Bryan was fantastic to work with. First, he scheduled a consult to bid the project and said he would be at my office at 2:30 and he arrived promptly and walked me through the project recommendations and was very thorough and honest with his recommendations making him an easy choice to hire for the project. Once we were on the schedule Bryan kept me in the loop on scheduling and steps needed to complete the project. Once on site Bryan was careful and complete with the cleaning and pre-painting preparations for our project. The next day the painting crew was on site and meticulous in the pre-painting preparations (caulking, taping off windows, scraping & sanding). By the third day they were ready to start painting, the crew was careful and cautious of our employees and customers coming an going as we stayed open during the project. Once completed our building looked incredible, I'll be sure to add photos! 100% would I recommend Bryan and Design Unlimited for your next painting project!

Description of Work
Commercial painting

Category interior painters

Work Completed On 09/13/2018

Review for Design Unlimited Painting LLC - 143 Moreland Ave E, Saint Paul, MN - 37414934

08/16/2018

Cyndi B.

We had an old garage that needed repainting. Overall, the repaint was fine. There was still some flaking paint after finishing, which suggests that the scraping could have been done a bit better; but not too bad. Main problem was a communication issue. I needed a facia board replaced and a cracked window repaired. We communicated over text message and although I said: " I should mention right off the bat that I need 2 things before starting to paint: 1) window repair and 2) a facia board replaced. I’m having trouble finding a handy man to come and work on those things and I need them done before painting. Does your crew also handle that?" and in response to replacing the glass with putty, etc - I said: "I could probably get the glass, but given the window, I don’t think that solution will work - you should probably take a look at it." They assured me they could do it, and then never did - neither the facia or the window. I would not have picked them if I had known they wouldn't be able to fix those things. (I had already turned down another painter.)

Description of Work
Painting exterior of small garage

Category siding, pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 08/10/2018

08/03/2018

Julie S.

These guys did a great job, took 5 days. Started and came every day until totally complete. Neat, clean, friendly. I had five bids, their bid was quickly given to me and the best one. I drive past my house just to look at how nice it looks. Many complements from neighbors on the quality and efficiency. Very high recommendation! Thank you Bryan, Kevin, mark and Troy.

Description of Work
2 story cedar shake home, shutters and trim

Work Completed On 07/26/2018

06/25/2018

Kim J.

See above - I didn't even get a call back.

Description of Work
I needed some exterior painting. I called and left a message requesting a quote and no one ever called me back.

Work Completed On 06/25/2018

06/17/2018

Carol L.

Superb! Everyone (and I) think it looks stunning!

Description of Work
Exterior (carpentry) repair on some cedar siding and window frame areas, then priming and painting entire exterior (and breezeway) from dark red to light grey.

Work Completed On 05/08/2018

06/07/2018

Toni M.

I had my house and deck painted. The work was extremely high quality from start to finish. I had an issue develop with my deck after some preparation work, but the crew from Design Unlimited were quick to make it right. I was very appreciative of their responsiveness and extra efforts! The painting was also very timely. The job was completed within one week; painting shutters and exterior lights put back up, etc. All communications were handled timely and professionally and I was always informed of next steps or slight delays. I was also thankful for the complete clean up after each day. When I would arrive home from work, other than seeing progress with the painting, it was as if no one was ever there. I would highly recommend Design Unlimited Painting for any painting needs. I will most definitely have Design Unlimited handle any painting needs I may have in the future. A special shout-out to Kevin for his great work and attention to detail!!

Description of Work
Exterior House Painting

Work Completed On 06/07/2018

06/03/2018

Ginger L.

Very well. Received excellent advice regarding wood, ventilation issues, and they added trim to existing areas to improve appearance. Replaced cedar panels look great.

Description of Work
Complete exterior of house painted with replacement and repair of woodpecker holes and rotted cedar siding.

Category handyman service, pressure washing, interior painters

Work Completed On 05/21/2018

05/19/2018

Susan B.

As another review stated I can't even get them to respond to me in a timely/knowledgeable manner. Bryan is the only contact on this site and their website. He asked me to text him my details about my estimate, which I did and emailed to him. He never got back to me. When I followed up he said he would get back to me in the week with an estimate. I very specifically told him in both the email and in the text that I did NOT want my gutters painted. I gave him the hours I was available, because my house has a security gate. He never got back to me and he never asked for access to my house or backyard to see for the estimate. He did however manage to text me thinking I was another client of his. When I did finally follow up with him he somehow had a (very high) estimate WITHOUT SETTING FOOT ON MY PROPERTY with some sort of discount included that was not the 20% advertised, that included both the gutters and the downspouts, as I specifically asked him NOT to in two separate documented instances. I am getting new gutters put on, and if they had painted over my new gutters I would have sued. Having no attention to detail even in initial conversations is a big red flag. Please take a look at all of the A reviews. Not one is recent.

Description of Work
Estimate on painting house trim

Work Completed On 05/19/2018

05/17/2018

Katie S.

Was thrilled when I read all the great reviews on Angies List. Unfortunately I never was able to even get a quote. First I left a voicemail message which was not returned. I decided to try emailing, which he responded back right away and asked me to text him what I wanted done. I did that right away but he didn't seem to remember responding to my email but said he would be happy to take a look. When I responded back with dates and times that would work I never heard a word back from him. It's so disappointing in the lack of customer service.

Description of Work
Exterior Home Painting

Work Completed On 05/17/2018

I really apologize to not getting back to you, we had a family issue come up at that time we were dealing with that went ahead of bussiness,we really apologize for any inconvenience

02/05/2018

Glenn B.

Great work. Will definitely use again!

Description of Work
Painting bedroom and basement

Category interior painters