Champion Plumbing LLC

Founded 2006 • With Angi since October 2007

Twin Cities Water Heater Experts Our technicians are highly qualified and skilled experts in Eagan with an impeccable reputation for their quality work and customer service. You can rely on us to get quick, hassle-free and dependable work done at fair prices. Our Eagan plumbers are a team of ten

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

4.4

plumbers (61)water heaters (45)gas leak repair (5)water softeners (1)chimney repair (12)excavating (4)hauling (3)drain cleaning (1)

11/01/2022

Dominic C.

They were fine, courteous and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Water heater replacement

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 04/14/2020

03/03/2022

Jerry R.

Anyone considering using these crooks for appliances or services please rethink it. Home Depot, along with their appointment company CREW2 INC, use Champion Plumbing for their installs. These three companies took advantage of my wife while I was out of town. A labor charge of $830.96. to install the same type and size water heater, which took approximately one hour is absurd. Champion Plumbing, Eagan MN also charged her and additional ($225) for 20 minutes of work. This charge was to remove the recirculating pump from the old water heater and incorrectly install onto the new one. And here’s the kicker! They never did the most basic thing after the install of checking water flow to each faucet. That being said there was just a trickle of hot water going to the tub. When she called to tell them they said it would be another trip charge plus any parts and labor to repair their own work. The only thing worse then their plumbers is their customer service. They were outright rude and set and appointment to repair their shoddy work and were a no show! Everyone, please share this post, and let’s keep these crooks from taking advantage of anyone else!

Description of Work
Water Heater Installation

Work Completed On 01/20/2022

03/02/2022

Meg H.

Champion plumbing installed a defective water heater in our home in 2020. The unit persistently gives a “dry fire” error and shuts down leaving us many mornings of frigid showers. We have contacted Champion multiple times in the past about this issue. They said the would reach out to the manufacturer, Rheem, and never did. We called them on 12/8/21 after another morning of frigid showers (after multiple phone calls and emails over past months in this issue). They sent a tech to our home without arranging—we both work and our kids go to school, so no one was home. They have let us know that they will no longer help us because we weren’t available. This company is unreliable, unprofessional and unethical. They say they stand by their products and services but they do not.

Description of Work
New Water Heater Install

Work Completed On 12/08/2021

05/12/2021

William C.

Kert Thor was punctual, professional, and did a great job of replacing our hot water heater.

Description of Work
Replaced hot water heater

Category excavators, plumbing, water heater repair, gas leak repair

Work Completed On 05/07/2021

03/16/2021

Rahim A.

It went excellent. Matt was amazing, efficient, courteous, and more than professional. He finished all the work by himself in such a timely manner that is unbelievable. He clean-up after work was done. He worked with us on how to manage shutting off the water as we are family of 6 with old parents and kids. He didn't waste any time and was so mindful when water was shut off. We wanted to recognize Matt for his excellent work.

Description of Work
Replace 3 Shower Valve and Trim, install cold and hot water valve, replace 3 valves, main valve, outside faucet valves

Category excavators, plumbing, water softeners

Cost $2,641.32

Work Completed On 03/15/2021

03/02/2021

Jeff T.

They charged me $60 for the "service call" and quoted me almost $6000 for the job, which is insane.

Description of Work
I need a gas line run from my house to my garage, approximately 75 feet

Category excavators, gas leak repair

Work Completed On 03/02/2021

02/05/2021

Tamara H.

They responded promptly and. listened to our needs. They were flexible and willing to adjust their plans to meet our needs. We felt the price was very fair for what they did.

Description of Work
Run a gas line for new stone/oven

Category excavators, gas leak repair

Work Completed On 02/05/2021

01/04/2021

John B.

Excellent. Great work, great price, and very professional and friendly. I would hire again based on this job.

Description of Work
Gas line replacement to dryer

Category plumbing, gas leak repair

Work Completed On 12/23/2020

11/10/2020

Carl C.

Job went well and was connected successfully. Bill was 393$ for about an hours work and minimal parts which seemed very high to me.

Description of Work
Connect existing water line to refrigerator

Category water delivery, chimney repair

Work Completed On 10/28/2020

10/09/2020

STEVE H.

I called two different companies. We needed to get someone here right away. The first company I called wasn't sure when they could get someone here. Champion gave me a time and the plumber was here on time and completed the work. The plumber also gave me a referral for someone who could assess the water damage and figure out what to do with that.

Description of Work
A hot water pipe was leaking in the basement below the kitchen faucet. The plumber replaced 1/2" water line from basement to kitchen sink with new shut off valves for faucet and dishwasher.

Cost $484.9

Work Completed On 09/24/2020

Thanks for the business and the review!!

09/02/2020

John U.

Came out ASAP. Work was fast and well done. Very polite.

Description of Work
Fix broken water pipe

Work Completed On 08/21/2020

09/02/2020

Barb H.

Very well. The plumber quickly identified a likely spot for a leak and sealed around a faucet with silicone. He only charged me for a basic service visit, very reasonable.

Description of Work
Fix a leak in a bathtub/shower

Work Completed On 08/24/2020

07/15/2020

Amy B.

Tanner was very professional and helpful! Champion should be your first call. Never disappoint!

Description of Work
Assess our sump basket

Category chimney repair, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 07/14/2020

07/07/2020

VERAL C.

RC showed up right on time, he was very personable and covid safe at this time. He was very thorough in reviewing the project with me in advance and the installation looks very tidy and works well. The original venting that was installed in my house for the power vent water heater had to be replaced, because the codes have changed since 2001. That added some cost to the project, but Champion's price was still considerably better than their competitors. Great Job! I would definitely hire Champion Plumbing again.

Description of Work
Champion installed a new Water Heater with power vent.

Work Completed On 07/02/2020

06/22/2020

Raj A.

Great with Toilet replacements (3). Good with troubleshooting one leak. I believe the supply line to the basement toilet was not done.

Description of Work
Toilet (Commode) replacement (3), Leak troubleshooting and Fixing one supply line to the toilet.

Work Completed On 06/15/2020

06/18/2020

Dean S.

Guys did great! Enough so I had them come back a few days later for a sink drain hookup problem. That was excellent too!

Description of Work
Gas dryer hookup

Category gas leak repair

Work Completed On 06/04/2020

Thanks for the review and the business!

06/18/2020

Mark S.

Faucet did not need to be replaced. Instead champion plumber showed me how to get hose attached securely and stop leak and gave advise on how to remove rust. He even went above and beyond by setting up hose connection for me. Thank you very much. My neighbor who saw us is also interested in hiring them for their project

Description of Work
Assistance with outdoor faucets

Work Completed On 06/13/2020

We know plumbers are expensive...... if we can fix it or repair it we will! Thanks for the review!

06/16/2020

Angela A.

Excellent! Nick was great! Excellent service, and knowledgeable. We really appreciated him wearing gloves, masks and booties... I am immunocompromised, and was concerned about having someone come out during Covid. He made great suggestions, and explained what he would do. Highly recommend!🙌

Description of Work
Faucet replacement

Work Completed On 06/16/2020

Review for Champion Plumbing LLC - 3670 DODD RD, Saint Paul, MN - 38646603

06/15/2020

Marcia S.

Stress Free! I purchased the water heater from Home Depot, and Champion did my installation. The experience was seamless. I was able to have it installed the very next day. Sebastian, the installer, arrived earlier than the stated time and was friendly and professional. I was not present during the installation, (my renter was), so explained everything in detail over the phone. From beginning to end the whole experience was stress free which I consider a huge plus when dealing with repairs and installation. Since I purchased from Home Depot with installation, I can’t speak to Champion’s specific pricing which is why I gave it a B. I know for the same water heater, one other place quoted significantly higher, and another slightly higher. This price was for a Rheem 40 gal 12 yr warranty water heater purchased from Home Depot with Champion installing. I’m very pleased with their work and would hire them again.

Description of Work
Water heater installation

Cost $1,333.33

Work Completed On 06/10/2020

Review for Champion Plumbing LLC - 3670 DODD RD, Saint Paul, MN - 38642881

06/04/2020

Richard R.

Excellent. Neatly done in a short time. Nice professional installation. COVID compliant!

Description of Work
Water heater replacement

Work Completed On 06/04/2020

06/04/2020

Katherine H.

Great. Prompt service. Knowledgeable. Problem solved.

Description of Work
No hot water.

Work Completed On 06/03/2020

05/22/2020

Kent H.

Did a fantastic job, courteous and fast.

Description of Work
Repaired a copper line to spicket

Category chimney repair

Work Completed On 05/22/2020

05/05/2020

JON W.

Champion works with CenterPoint Energy - Home Service Plus program as a third-party vendor. I called CenterPoint on Friday evening when we noticed the water heater was leaking and scheduled a visit from Champion for the following day (Saturday). The plumber was professional, placed sheets on the floor, proceeded to finish the job (about 2 hours), brought the gas line up to today's code, and provided a contact number for city inspection. If there is any complaint, the plumber did not wear a face mask via the COVID-19 concerns, but we maintained social distancing.

Description of Work
Replace Water Heater and Gas Line Up to Code