Schumm Concrete Inc

Founded 2000 • With Angi since July 2009

Schumm Concrete Inc. has become a Twin Cities leader by providing the highest quality product with unmatched customer service. Our full service capabilities extend from the simplest projects to the most complex. We offer you the peace of mind knowing we take great pride in our work as well as

Colored & Stamped Concrete Patio Lakeville, MNColored & Stamped Concrete PatioColored Concrete Patio

concrete repair (59)concrete driveways (12)stamped concrete (11)Patios (8)foundation repair (8)excavating (4)masonry (2)hardscaping (7)decks & porches (4)driveway pavers (3)mudjacking (2)plumbers (1)

12/13/2017

Skye B.

Schumm Concrete was very professional and I would definitely hire them again. I feel the value of what you get for your money is definitely worth it! They were actually referred by my neighbor but I am very pleased to see that they are also on Angie's List! Looking forward to doing more work with them in the future.

Description of Work
Schumm Concrete replaced and reinforced my 2 car driveway apron

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, foundation repair, stamped concrete

Work Completed On 07/17/2017

10/25/2017

Mary Lynn S.

Very responsive in reviewing work and providing estimate. The work was done as quoted, crew was on time. All questions were answered as the work was completed.

Description of Work
Apron on driveway was expanded and replaced. Footings beneath garage were redone.

Work Completed On 10/13/2017

09/08/2017

Douglas W.

Excellent work, very responsive. Looks great!

Description of Work
Slab, 5x22

Work Completed On 08/04/2017

05/09/2017

Rose H.

They did what they said they would do for the price that they said they would do it for. They did the work in a timely fashion even though the weather was not being cooperative and we had to delay a step or two for a short time. We are pleased with the way it all turned out and please with the way they managed the work. They cleaned up after themselves and left things in reasonable shape. I would not hesitate to recommend them.

Description of Work
We had pump room for a now retired private well which was directly under the front sidewalk stoop. It was a problem and wanted it blocked up. In order to prevent problems, we wanted the floor removed and filled with sane as well as blocking it up. To accomplish this, the front stoop needed to be removed and then replaced. Additionally, there was a small problem with the front sidewalk which required removing a flair at the end of the walk.

Category concrete repair, masonry, foundation repair

Work Completed On 05/01/2017

10/14/2016

Jason S.

I emailed them at their email address (and included pictures of the damage) and got no response. I waited a week and tried again via the "contact us" link on their page. It's been another week with no response.

Description of Work
Driveway repair.

Category concrete driveways

Work Completed On 10/14/2016

10/04/2016

Josh K.

Fantastic job - matched the aggregate perfectly. Love our new patio space! Great team of guys and fast.

Description of Work
Added a concrete patio to existing aggregate patio.

Category stamped concrete, patios

Work Completed On 05/18/2016

07/08/2016

James T.

Very honest, timely and great quality. Nate is a very hard working and friendly guy that does quality work.

Description of Work
Replaced an old asphalt driveway and concrete apron.

Work Completed On 06/01/2016

12/03/2015

Robert S.

Nate and team did a wonderful job. They provided great work at a fair price. Nate even underpromised and overdelivered. Said would do trowel seams if able and would attempt to do two coats of a protectant sealant. He did both, including powerwashing before doing the second coat of sealant and doing the sealant on a Saturday morning. Overall, I was very happy with Schumm Concrete and would not hesitate to refer or use again.

Description of Work
Removed old driveway and walkway and poured new concreted driveway and walkway.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways

Work Completed On 10/15/2015

10/16/2015

Fabian M.

These guys are real pros. The attention to detail and the finish work they performed was extraordinary. Absolutely would recommend them to anyone looking for the best.

Description of Work
Installed stamped concrete pool deck and patio area.

Category concrete repair, decks, stamped concrete, patios

Work Completed On 10/16/2015

09/01/2015

Rob G.

Prompt, professional, and cleaned up after themselves. Great experience.

Description of Work
Removed, and replaced 3 sections of curved cracked concrete sidewalk in the front yard.

Work Completed On 03/13/2015

08/08/2015

Tara S.

Nate and team were punctual, professional, and did a great job. We'd definitely use them again for any additional concrete work.

Description of Work
Concrete pad for basketball court

Work Completed On 06/12/2015

Review for Schumm Concrete Inc - 28558 Isle Ave, Northfield, MN - 27717791

07/16/2015

Linda H.

The owner, Nate, is great to work with. He gave me a good, reasonable estimate and kept to the promised completion timeframe. He had a good, hard-working crew who had to tear out the old patio by hand in backyard, wheelbarrow up a hill to front, then do the same for manually hauling the new concrete around to my backyard. They did a really good job, and the new patio looks great. I would definitely use Schumm Concrete again, and highly recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Replaced old, cracked backyard patio.

Work Completed On 05/27/2015

06/16/2015

Stephen W.

We are very pleased with the results and will use them again if more cement work is needed in the future.

Description of Work
replace front steps and front sidewalk

Work Completed On 06/10/2013

05/02/2015

Elizabeth K.

They were great. They were very friendly. They were courteous and timely. Everything came within budget. I would use them again. I can’t think of anything that stood out that I wasn’t happy with. I do know that they were on the upper end of the middle of the pack. The price is generally right. The quality is good so far.

Description of Work
I used Schumm Concrete. They put in a stamp concrete patio.

Category stamped concrete, patios

Work Completed On 05/15/2013

11/13/2014

Carl J.

Nathan was extremely professional, well educated in his craft, and willing to work with me to meet my needs. Of all the contractors we had come out to view the problem, Nathan was the only one who did not tell me what to do, but listened to what I wanted and found a solution that worked. Nathan and his crew showed up when they said they would, and when the mistake by the original builder was revealed, Nathan came up with a better and more cost effective solution than re-toothing the wall. In addition, despite feeling that additional tarring was un-necessary, Nathan still did it because I asked him to. Nathan and his crew but everything back and cleaned up the area very well. I would completely use Schumm Concrete again!

Description of Work
Anchored and secured foundation block that had been slipping due to builder's negligence. In addition they replaced the window well.

Category concrete repair, foundation repair

Work Completed On 10/29/2014

10/16/2014

Steve H.

They were excellent! They were timely and prompt, and friendly.

Description of Work
New garage floor and epron. (half of garage floor-3 car garage)

Category stamped concrete

Work Completed On 07/15/2014

10/14/2014

Kim M.

Job was completed on time and looks great!

Description of Work
Repaired foundation and floor in garage. Installed concrete apron.

Category concrete repair, foundation repair

Work Completed On 10/01/2014

10/14/2014

Bradley H.

Foundation totally gone. Schumm cleaned area down to the footings and rebuilt the foundation. Schumm also repaired a retaining wall and parge coated the wall. I am very happy with the quality of the work and the finished look of the retaining wall.

Description of Work
Rebuilt foundation.

Category foundation repair, hardscaping

Work Completed On 09/22/2014

09/22/2014

MELINDA P.

When the day came to begin work Nate and his crew really got to it. They arrived at 7am and worked really hard all day. In two days we had a new beautiful concrete driveway! We were very impressed with the quality of the work from start to finish. Each member of the crew had a job they worked very hard to complete the job and did excellent work. It was great to see Nate working with the other guys and he kept the project moving. A lot of the time the guy you talk to about a job disapears when the work begins, not Nate, he was heading up the entire project, working hard and setting a great example for the other guys. We were also impressed with the cleanup. There was never any equipment laying around in fact after washing their tools off they picked up every stone that was in the grass. It really showed a level of concern and quality. It would have been easy for them to just clean their tools and head out for the day but the fact that they took the extra time to make sure the worksite was clean was very much appreciated. Nate explained the maintenance and care of the driveway to ensure that it lasts a long time and answered any questions we had. The costs were very reasonable and now that the project is done it was worth every penny. We can highly recommend Nate and Schumm Concrete. I know we'll call him if we need anymore work done. Excellent work,great guys!

Description of Work
Our asphalt driveway needed to be replaced and we wanted concrete. After looking at the Angie's List reviews we decided to contact Nate at Schumm Concrete.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, driveway pavers

Work Completed On 09/19/2014

09/10/2014

Katheryn J.

Very professional, didn't quite give the advanced noticed that I requested but with the rainy weather we had been having I imagine his schedule was difficult. All in all good work and great clean up. Prices increased quite a bit over last year but based on his reviews we decided to go with him anyway and we are glad we did. I do have questions regarding the concrete spray and it's left weird markings but I have failed to contact him timely so I'm sure he will be able to answer my questions.

Description of Work
Fixed foundation and replaced concrete apron

Work Completed On 08/01/2014

08/26/2014

Kimberly C.

I had the most ugliest, deteriorated patio. Nate came and removed this disgusting site & put in the most "beautiful" grey "stamped" concrete patio. I have been so happy with my new patio. Nate was always available for questions. I will look to Schumm Concrete for future concrete projects.

Description of Work
Removal & Installation of concrete patio

Category concrete repair, stamped concrete, patios

Work Completed On 04/13/2014

08/04/2014

Godwin K.

I contacted Schumm Concrete late September 2013 to get an estimate. The project was postponed to 2014 due to weather. Schumm Concrete contacted in spring of 2014 to put me on the calendar and completed the job on July 2014.

Description of Work
4X19 Concrete Apron

Work Completed On 07/28/2014

07/11/2014

Callie S.

I called and set up a time for them to come out and give me an estimated on my project. He was prompt and courteous. He took the measurements and said he would have estimate back to me in a few days. I never heard anything back. I did not follow up because I would not use someone who could not even follow through with a bid.

Description of Work
He took measurements for a new front step and sidewalk. I also had him measure the driveway for putting on a sealant.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways