Woodchuck Flooring

Founded 2000 • With Angi since December 2003

1010 Idaho Ave

N Golden Valley, MN 55427

Woodchuck Flooring LLC. is a sole propriator,owner operated company, All work is completed timely and professionally by me, no sub contracting. I have nearly 30yrs. experience and have been in business for more then 18 years. Seviceing all your hardwood flooring needs in the Twin Cities. All my work is guaranteed and no job is completed until it meets and exceeds you the homeowners expectations....

09/10/2018

Melissa F.

We had hardwood floors installed in our office and they look amazing. Scott did a wonderful job and is a fine craftsman. Great to work with, everything was timely and smooth. Hope that he is available when our kitchen is ready for hardwood floors!

Description of Work
Installation of hardwood floors

11/06/2017

joy P.

Scott (owner) of Woodchuck Floors dropped my keys in my door 2 days before start date. He has not returned any of my multiple phone calls or messages. He never showed up on start date/time. DO NOT HIRE this company!

Description of Work
Contracted to have hardwood floors installed.

10/28/2017

Jesus D.

Scott and Kyle did an awesome job with my floor. They ripped up and removed my old carpet, patched a hole where the gravity heater was previously installed and refinished the living room floor. I asked about possibly refinishing my Dining room floors and Scott was honest and said that they were still in great shape. Needless to say, they blended things in very nicely with my dining room. I'm amazed at the results! I figured that the patch would stand out, but it looks seamless. We ran into one unexpected surprise where I was certain that the living room had oak floors, and it turned out to have 1 1/2" maple. Scott, quickly reached out to his contacts to look for material that matched the era of my farmhouse. My only regret is not having done this years ago. Woodchuck flooring takes great pride in their work and are very easy to work with. I highly recommend them to anyone looking to refinish or add wood floors to their home.

Description of Work
My hardwood floors required patching and refinishing

10/26/2017

Damon S.

Floors were a mess after years of wear, water, and other spot spillings. Woodchuck made the floor look better than It was when new. Beautiful work, done quickly and professionally.

Description of Work
Refinishing hardwood floors in kitchen and surrounding areas.

09/17/2017

Lee S.

Project went easily, and the finished floor is great to look at eveyday. I love it.

Description of Work
Hardwood flooring installed sanded and finished.

08/06/2017

Andrew B.

I purchased a condo earlier this year. Because I wanted most of my floor area done, I did not want to move in immediately, but I had limited time before my apartment lease was up. Scott said he could finish in time, and he did. It was discovered that my floor has an underlayment of Gyp-Crete. Scott provided what I believe was the best solution to deal with this compared to other contractors. This was a critical decision for a long lasting floor; I observed the poor longevity/quality of other, differently installed, wood floors in my building. I couldn't have hoped for a better looking floor thanks to Scott, if I had gone with someone else, the result would have probably not achieved the same level of quality. Thanks!

Description of Work
A complete install of a white oak wood floor in most of my condo unit.

04/08/2017

Clay J.

Scott was wonderful to work with. He responded quickly to all my communications, was punctual and informative and his price was more than fair. Our wood floors were so beat up with scratches and holes, but now they look brand new. Scott did a wonderful job with minimal clean up on our part. I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs their wood floors redone.

Description of Work
Wood floors refinished

02/14/2017

Timothy R.

We had a great experience with them. The pricing was very fair, a little cheaper than another quote but in the ball park of all them. In the estimate, he didn't count the area under the radiators, which takes a little extra work, but because he didn't put it in the bid, he didn't charge us for it. I just thought he was really gracious and very nice to work with. We were very pleased. I would give him A+ on everything.

Description of Work
This was for sales and installation of the hardwood floors.

09/13/2015

michael G.

Scott completed the floors and did an excellent job. There were a lot of issues with our floors but they turned out great. I received several quotes but thought Scott would take the most care in his work, and I believe that assumption to be correct. I would recommend using Scott for hw floor refinishing.

Description of Work
Refinished 1928 maple and oak floors, 1300 Sq ft

09/09/2015

Linda B.

Scott was careful in matching our existing oak hardwood floor with the new oak hardwood floor. He took a sample of our flooring and checked with his lumber warehouse. He said it was crucial to get the correct species (red oak) and region of the country where it came from (south/Appalachian) to match the floor. He took special time to do this a month or two before our project began so he could order the wood. Scott helped us save money by giving us advice on taking out our existing carpet. He even loaned us a tool that proved invaluable. Scott started the carpet rip out and showed us how easy it would be to do this ourselves and save money. (I found a place in St. Paul that recycles carpets and pads for only $10 for a truck load. Check out www.brotex.com if you're interested.) Scott took out the transition piece between our old floor and where our carpet used to be and "feathered in" the new floor. The result is a beautiful hardwood floor that appears as if it was always in our home. The match is perfect and seamless. We think the old floor even looks better than when it was first installed 17 years ago. Scott came to our home when he said he would. He suggested stain color that we really liked and it blends well with the rest of our home. Scott also helped us decide to take out the transition boards between the old and new floors and we are so glad he did encourage us to do this. He was right when he said, "you only have one shot at this, so the best way to do this is to take out those transition boards and feather in the new wood floor." He worked hard, he spoke kindly to our children and dog. He respected our home and cleaned up after himself every day. He played nice music while he worked and it truly was a pleasure to have Scott in our home. We could tell that Scott takes pride in his work and doesn't do anything less than 100%. We are very happy to recommend Scott to anyone who wants high quality hardwood flooring work done for a reasonable price.

Description of Work
Refinished our existing oak hardwood floors (originally from 1998) and installed new hardwood floors in 2 additional rooms

05/11/2015

Mari F.

Scott was professional, gave us clear expectations for what we had to do, made suggestions for the least cleanup, did a BEAUTIFUL job on the floors. He was punctual, cleaned up every day and left the house as clean as could be expected with this kind of work. I would truly encourage others to use him. His price was most reasonable as well,

Description of Work
Refinished my hardwood floors

02/10/2015

PAUL B.

I had several installers come out and give me bids and proposals. The floor that was replaced was 107 years old, and I received a lot of opinions about how to best replace it: tear-out, lay-over, sprung floor, tear out the old floor and the sub-floor and re-level the joists before putting in a new subfloor and new floor, etc. One installer that had a great reputation refused to do a lay-over. I ultimately decided that all of the concerns expressed were potentially valid, but I had to figure out which plan would work best. I had a good feeling about Scott when I met him. He was a straight-shooter, friendly and down-to-earth. He had 25 years of floor installation experience. The icing on the cake was that his favorite wood is white oak, the wood I had chosen for my project. Scott was always punctual, he stayed on schedule, he communicated well, and he took full responsibility for his work and clean up. I couldn't be happier. The floor is stunning!! I will use Scott for all of the future flooring work I need.

Description of Work
Scott installed a 960 sq. ft. solid white oak floor in my yoga studio.

11/17/2014

PETER AND KATHY O.

Scott was GREAT to work with! After we had him out for the estimate, I was a little disappointed at how far out he was booked to do the work, but I found it was well worth the wait! Scott was a couple days delayed in starting the job because of some schedule changes on a prior job, but he was good about keeping us in the loop as dates changed. He spent the first 2 days laying the flooring in the hallway -- lots of doorways and a couple closets to work around. He did a fabulous job matching the existing flooring and making it look like the wood had always been there. Then he sanded down our existing floors and added 3 coats of poly. I was concerned about how much dust would be created from the sanding, in the end, there was far less dust than I expected. I did find the dust to be irritating for my allergies, so ended up hiring someone to come in to clean as soon as the floors were completed -- well worth the money! I loved that Scott left us with floor cleaning supplies and some felt pads for the furntiture legs as we moved the furniture back into the house. It was chaotic living in the basement while the main floor floors were being done, but well worth it! Scott was easy to work with, very polite, profession and did wonderful work at a reasonable price.

Description of Work
Installed oak flooring in hallway; sanded and refinished floors in one bedroom, hall, living room and dining room.

11/16/2014

Judith J.

Scott, the owner, provided me with a prompt, free estimate. The estimate was similar to other estimates I received, but I liked the fact that the estimator would be doing the actual work. The work occurred as scheduled. Scott worked with me to match existing flooring that was not being refinished. He was clear about which flaws in the floor could be addressed and which were likely to remain (old water stains). Scott did a good job with minimizing mess & clearing up after the job was complete. I was very pleased with the end result & was comfortable having Scott in my home.

Description of Work
Refinished hardwood floors

08/17/2014

Janet A.

Provided quality work and excellent service. Included floor care system and protectors. Was clean when job was completed.

Description of Work
Refinished hardwood floors

06/14/2014

CHRISTIE B.

This is the second home I've owned where Scott has done the floors. I would not use anyone else. He was the very picture of grace under pressure when I was constantly changing scope and he had to work around a dozen other tradesmen. He is creative and a perfectionist, the best.

Description of Work
Scott refinished the existing wood floor, patching flooring where walls had been removed and installed new flooring in the kitchen.

02/03/2014

Chris and Sara B.

The second time we've hired Scott (the head woodchuck) in less than a year! Scott did such an amazing job re-finishing the 90-year-old floors in our house, we knew right away that we would hire him again when we decided to remodel our kitchen and replace the old vinyl flooring with hardwood to match the rest of the house. Not only was the new floor beautiful, he did a great job of matching it with our existing floors and he created a perfectly flush transition from old floor to new floor. If he hadn't already worked on every square foot of flooring in our house, I'm confident we would hire him again.

Description of Work
Installed 1" oak flooring in our kitchen.

09/28/2013

Beth H.

Scott is excellent. Responsive, meticulous, honest, and reliable. We have used him on multiple properties, he's our go-to guy.

Description of Work
Sanded and finished hardwood floors.

09/22/2013

Beth H.

Excellent. Scott is meticulous in his detail and produces excellent results.

Description of Work
Sanded and finished 5 rooms of hardwood flooring.

09/11/2013

NANCY C.

Scott was awesome. He took great pains to make sure the dust was held to a minimum. He put plastic up around our entire kitchen cupboards, and in the entry ways. He took his time,and sanded down the boards so they basically look like it was a bare wood floor to start with. He communicated with us about how the floor was drying, due the humid weather we were having that week, it wasn't drying as quickly as we would have liked. He ended up working part of his Saturday to finish. We have a couple more rooms to do, and will definitely call Scott to do them.

Description of Work
We had pre finished floors. He sanded off the old finish and applied 3 coats of oil base poly. We also had floor heat registers that were after market, and stuck up. He cut around the floor and put in flush floor registers, did an awesome job!

06/14/2013

freeman A.

Working with Woodchuck was a wonderful experience and the work was flawless. We can't wait to get our main floor done!

Description of Work
Refinished entire upstairs flooring and stairs.

06/03/2013

Deanna M.

From the first phone conversation to the finished project, we were thrilled with the work performed by Woodchuck Flooring. Scott was on time for the estimate, explained the process he would use and answered all additional questions we had. His quote was very competitive and his professionalism and attention to detail left me feeling confident in our decision to hire him. The floors are absolutely beautiful and I would recommend this company to anyone!

Description of Work
We hired Scott from Woodchuck Flooring to refinish existing oak floors in the living room, bedroom and main floor hallway.

06/01/2013

Ann C.

He was prompt, kind, friendly at the estimate and throughout our dealings with him. We greatly appreciated Scott's straight forward honest conversations about what to expect etc. He came as scheduled, even though the date was set 3 months prior to the work. The floors look absolutely gorgeous! He even helped us resolve how to move our 150 yr old piano back into the living room without damaging the floors by dropping off some thin wood skids to help us get that job done. I will recommend Scott to anyone I know looking for floor work!

Description of Work
Scott sanded and refinished all of our hardwood floors, including repair in some areas.

05/24/2013

CHRISTIE B.

Scott was fantastic. When he came to do the estimate he popped off a piece of wood floor from the area where the hole was so that he could order new wood from the original mill / oak forest in Appalacia. The result was a PERFECT match. I defy you to figure out where the patch is, except that the floor vent is so much more beautiful than the old existing vents.

Description of Work
Patched the hardwood flooring where a 6' wall had been removed, and sanded and varnished all the floors in the LR, DR, hall and 2 bedrooms.

05/19/2013

Todd O.

Scott went out of his way to do a great job when he found more problems once he got into the repairs he did them with a smile i was happy he did the additional repairs it made the floor perfect. I trusted him to do what was needed to be done. He is professional and very trust worthy

Description of Work
patched and repaird floors then sanded and finished 3 rooms. Did a fantastic job i have hired Woodchuck floors for a few projects in the past and will keep using him for my wood flooring projects

Emmadian Home

Emmadian is a drywall and painting business, servicing the twin cities since 2018, with over 15 years of experience, we guarantee our quality and output. we strive too give our customers the best experience available, and to put into consideration customers needs and requirement throughout the job, and we give a 30 day job guarantee after the work is completed, give us a call today!

McCloskey Drywall Inc

McCloskey Drywall Inc is a family owned, local drywall contracting business and has had continued growth since 2005. My name is Matt McCloskey and I was born and raised in Minneapolis. I found early in life while working in the union on large commercial projects that drywall was a good career. I rapidly became a journeyman drywall finisher during the economic boom and went on to learn the plastering and stucco trade to add to my skills. While the recession caused the union to run out of work and large commercial projects, I found that people were still remodeling their homes and needed drywall help. I started McCloskey Drywall with just the tools in my truck and slowly hired help as I needed. I have always hired and kept employees that I know personally or have been referred from a close associate. I am always eager to help out with my client's needs and at the end of the day all I truly care about is making sure people are happy. Hopefully karma will pay off one day, but for now I just want to be surrounded by good people, satisfied customers and happy employees. *Fastest way to schedule a free estimate is to call 612-770-2153 directly. PLEASE call us for the fastest service* If you do choose to use the Angie's List message center or email please provide me with your timetable, project description, and the city. Minimum project price of $1500.

IDF Drywall

Complete, professional drywall service is what I offer, from new construction to remodels. Patch repair, installation, and finishing walls and ceilings.

Hardwood flooring any and all aspects of quality hardwood flooring from complete new installations, sanding and refinishing, patching and repairs, maintance with professional cleaning and buff N coat

Ask for details.