Tailors On Blake

Founded 1982 • With Angi since September 2001

5706 W 36th St

Minneapolis, MN 55416

Only trust the best for your next tailoring job. Open since 1982, our 14 experienced tailors have satisfied numerous customers with jobs ranging from embroidery to fittings. Bring yours in today!...

12/19/2018

Howard K.

I opted not to have them do the work. The tear was 7 inches long. They usually charge $50 per inch. They were willing to do the work for $250 instead of $350. Since the suit was 9 years old ad the fit was not great, I decided the $250 would be better spent on a new, better fitting suit.

Description of Work
Needed reweaving for a torn suit

05/11/2018

Tom V.

Needed two low and upper pocket liners replaced because they ripped. The pockets from the manufacturer were of poor quality.. Sharon at Tailors on Blake changed them to a more durable and stronger material. I left the parka with them and returned approximately 2 weeks later as promised and the work was done. (very well).

Description of Work
Replace 3 pockets on a winter parka

12/13/2017

Chris D.

I feel the jeans were shortened a bit too much.

Description of Work
Shorten designer jeans

12/27/2016

Jeff H.

The results were better than I expected.

Description of Work
I had 3 suits and 4 pairs of pants resized after losing significant weight.

Gayle V.

I have used them for a number of years. Always happy with work

Description of Work
Hemmed several pairs of pants

Ryan C.

The service was done as quickly as possible but I definitely spent a lot more here than I have ever spent on tailor services for jeans. I didn't particularly like how the service turned out but I think it may have been the best it could have turned out given the nature of the request. The service was friendly and very professional and may try again for other items in the future.

Description of Work
I had requested a rush hem on a pair of jeans that would also need tapering.

Missy S.

They did an excellent job on my outdoor pillows. They had them done on time.

Description of Work
Monogram services.

06/02/2014

Paul and Joy A.

The inside looks like new now! They did an excellent job. Really good workmanship. The job took about 10 days to complete which I thought was a reasonable amount of time.

Description of Work
I had a much worn and much loved leather bomber jacket that was in excellent condition except the lining was completely worn out and a snap was broken.

02/01/2014

Michael N.

but the work was well-done and on-time,

Description of Work
A little more expensive than I planned

01/19/2014

Adrienne K.

Bridesmaid dress, took longer than they estimated, was not ready on committed dates, quality of work questionable. When I commented on these things the owner was apathetic.

Description of Work
I used Tailors On Blake

Category alterations

Unfortunately, I don't recall this dress of 5 months ago however, I'm sorry we didn't meet the expectations. I looked into our records and the dress was promised 9 days after it was brought in and was actually finished 2 days early. It may be a situation in which we had to make some extra adjustments after the initial work was done and this is more common when working on bridesmaid dresses. We try hard to have the conversation in the initial fitting about the pricing and 'how far' we want to go in altering the dress when it is a dress that will probably only be worn once for 4-5 hours. I see that Adrienne spent $156.00 plus tax. Again, I'm sorry that we can't make it right. We do everything we can to stand behind our work.

Alterations/Sewing/Decorating
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover
    Satisfaction

tailoring,tailor,embroidery,embroidering,alterations,altering,fitters,weight loss altering,weight gain altering,clothes altering,clothing alterations,wedding dress altering,bridal altering,bridal alterations,dress fitting,fitting,sewing,seamstress,tux fitting,gift embroidery,gifts,hemming,buttons,zipper repair,coat relining,relining,jacket relining,relining

ask for details