Pets Are Inn

Founded 1987 • With Angi since June 2001

7625 Metro Blvd Ste 120

Minneapolis, MN 55439

SEVERAL LOCATIONS. Your pet lives in a home. We believe that should not change because you are going on vacation. Pre-screened and approved pet loving homes will happily welcome your pet in their home and care and love them while you are away. No kennels, just a welcoming home for you furry friend....

03/07/2022

Jeanne K.

As always, Pets Are Inn provided a caring and loving home for our dog while we traveled. We never have to think twice about the impact of traveling on our pet. In fact, her tail wags when they pick her up. Yes, they also transport your pet to and from the "foster" home. We've relied on Anne and her team at Pets Are Inn for years and have never been disappointed.

Description of Work
In home boarding service for our dog

04/06/2021

Shay L.

Great! They are much more relaxed when we return from vacation, as they are in friendly hands!

Description of Work
Cat sitting

Category pet sitters

Miss Pearl & Fred ares fun house guests! House loves their playful antics.

09/01/2020

Jane P.

Pets are Inn is the best! Our pup has been spending time at his " home away from home" 4X/ year since he was just a couple of months old. He is now 4 years old and has received the best care each time we have been away. It is a comfort to know that he is well cared for and is able to have a routine similar to what he is used to at home. Pets are Inn is our first choice for boarding our energetic Border Collie whenever we need to be away.

Description of Work
Dog boarding

Category pet sitters,kennels

Thank you [Member Name Removed] is always a joy to care for and asked for by hosts

09/20/2019

Patricia P.

Fabulous. My dog is very sweet, but she can also be quite skittish, and she can be a runner if frightened. She fell in love with her carers and their dog, and they fell in love with her. I have used Pets Are Inn for many years, with my previous dog, and knew that I would not have to worry about anything while I was in Eastern Europe, far away from phones or WiFi much of the time. She was well cared for, and happy to see me when I got back. Once again, Pets Are Inn was the perfect place for my dog, and for my peace of mind.

Description of Work
My dog needed care while I was out of the country for 3 weeks

07/02/2019

Jeffrey W.

Excellent. Very convenient and worth the little extra cost. We have used pets are inn nearly a dozen times!

Description of Work
Doggie lodging

Category kennels

Thnak you, [Member Name Removed]. We love Gertie!!!

05/21/2019

Cyndie D.

I love this service! They find a loving home in which your pet can stay while you are traveling. Convenient pick-up and drop-off at prearranged times. My animals always return home happy and calm and I get a note from the hosts which I always enjoy. I know my pets have been well cared for.

Description of Work
Pet boarding

04/12/2019

Sandy F.

Always pleased, stress free. Owner and pet very satisfied Daisy loves visiting "her friends"

Description of Work
Pet sitter

01/06/2019

Paula W.

PetsAreInn is a FABULOUS team of caring professionals. We APPRECIATE their attention to detail and the ease of use for each trip we schedule with them. Our Irish Terrier is treated like a family member, so having the best care and his safety in a home versus a facility means the world to us.

Description of Work
Dog Care while Away from Home

11/05/2018

FRANK E.

Wonderful! Our 3 cats were picked up at our house and transported by car to the pet sitter's home where they stayed for 3 weeks while we were on vacation. The cats returned happy and healthy from their stay at what we call "kitty camp". It is well worth the money to know they are cared for in a good home and not just in a kennel. The 3 attached pictures show them at their pet sitter's home in 2018.

Description of Work
pet sitting

06/21/2018

John D.

We have used Pets Are Inn for several years and could not be happier. Our small dog does not do well in group kennels, despite trying the best ones in the market. He would come home stressed-out and sick. With Pets Are Inn he comes home happy and healthy. We can highly recommend this service, including the pick up and drop off from our home.

Description of Work
Dog Boarding

10/10/2017

Laurel H.

The scheduling, pickup and drop off service works very well, and you can telephone and talk with a live person if you'd like rather than just scheduling thru the internet. I especially love that we get a written report from the caretakers when our pet is delivered home.

Description of Work
Pets Are Inn does an excellent job placing our dog with people who want to care for and love her while we're gone.

Category kennels

[Member Name Removed]: Thank You!!! Love the feedback and hope the wedding was wonderful! Ann

07/13/2017

Janet B.

They have different houses they take the dogs to. We are using them again in two weeks actually!

03/20/2017

Jan W.

Very good. My pet seemed just fine when he got home. This was the 1st time he was away from home too. I would use Pets Are Inn again.

Description of Work
Pet sitting

01/09/2017

John D.

We have used Pets Are Inn for 4 years and have found the experience to be great.

Description of Work
Pets Are Inn provides care for our dog when we travel.

08/31/2016

Nancy E.

Care was good. You won't get to talk to the person who watched your dog so you really don't know how well your dog did. Charged me for higher price than the brochure they gave me. Didn't honor their original price. Also dropped my dog off after 7:00 pm on Sunday.

Description of Work
Care for my dog.

Category pet sitters,kennels

not our office....she used the St. Paul office. Centerville is not in the South & Souhtwest area of Minneapolis

06/14/2015

SANDY O.

I left a message after hours on a weeknight looking for resources to help a friend whose house burned in a fire. Everyone - including the cat and the bird - were OK but all needed a place to stay - for a long time. I was calling around looking for boarding options. Ann called me back and was wonderful. She talked with me about her company, similar situations she'd had in the past. She had space for the cat and would have needed more info to know if she could help with the bird or not. My friend ended up finding other homes for her pets, but I had to send a HUGE THANKS to Pets are Inn. I've always had them on my list of back ups if my normal dog-sitter can make it and this interaction definitely affirmed that.

Description of Work
Offered help and support when a friends house burned and I was looking for help rehoming her cat and bird.

Category kennels

(removed member name): Thank you for your kind remarks; yes we are very customer service minded and want to make sure our furry & feathered friends and their parents receive the best, most personalized care possible. I am so glad that your friend is okay and hopefully everyone is re-establishing a new normal. Thank you again! Ann

10/15/2014

Kurt S.

Fabulous service and have used many times. Call back within minutes after leaving message to schedule. Clear explain all services. Confirmed with email. Pick up was in the 2 hour window provided and called when close. Our dog jumps right in their van because she knows she is going somewhere fun, Delivered dog home with key provided in advance of our flight and checked to verify no flight delays. Always gives great personal note with pictures from family boarding the dog. Always get follow up thank you note from Ann the owner of Pets-R-Inn.

Description of Work
Pick up dog. Board with family. Return dog.

10/10/2014

Lowell N.

Excelent! The person running this were a couple that we knew before. Pets Are In get your dog and contract it to others. Our dog died a year ago. They send your animal to somebody else. We used them several times. It was 25$ per day.

10/10/2014

Nancy H.

They were very good but the cost is a little bit high. It is an advantage to know that our dog is in someone's home and being interactive throughout the entire time that he is gone.

Description of Work
Pets Are Inn boarded my dog. They board dogs in the individual people's home.

10/07/2014

Mary L.

- Excellent Service - Service Completed - Very Timely - Picked Up & Returned Pet - Pet in good health and calm upon return. - Used more than once - Would recommend - Pets & Owners are interviewed and matched to Care Takers prior to service. - Fee depends on number of days/nights of service - Fee for delivery / pick-up - Price good for those who want security and good care of pets - Feedback from Care Takers provided upon pets return (GREAT!) - You provide your pets own food, bed, toy, instructions, etc. Initial contact came by way of reference from vet. Our pet was stressed when kenneled and often would not eat or drink while boarded. This was the perfect solution. We will continue to use this particular service. Ann is EXCELLENT at what she does.

Description of Work
Animal Boarding

07/01/2014

Loretta C.

I was more comfortable knowing that a pre-screened foster family was looking after my dog instead of being in a big cage at some pet boarding facility. It was a great experience and I enjoyed getting progress reports during the week on how my dog was doing.

Description of Work
They came to my residence to pick up my small dog and took her to a foster home for the week. They brought her back so she was at home when we arrived. It was a great experience.

07/15/2013

Mali B.

Sometimes I think my dog likes the host family she stays with better than being at home!! My dog is always well taken care of. She has stayed with the same family each time I have used Pets Are Inn. The host family always writes a note that shares what our dog does when she is there. My kids really appreciate reading about what Mitzi does when she is gone.

Description of Work
Pets Are Inn brought my dog home this morning. Carol is always prompt and courteous. She obviously cares for my dog the way that I would.

03/02/2013

MARY & EVAN P.

This is a great business and fills a need for our family. We got Molly ( a lab/pitt mutt) from the Humane Society August of 2010. In September of that year when the kids went back to school we realized our dog has SEVERE separation anxiety that manifests as claustrophobia/barrier anxiety. She loses bowel control , ate a hole in a door to get out, destroyed and chipped a tooth on a kennel, etc. After 2 months of unsuccessfully working with a trainer we finally figured out that only an outdoor heated doghouse would keep her happy when we were gone. As you can imagine, the traditional cage/kennel boarding when we left for the holidays was NOT going to work. We needed someone who would take Molly into their home, let them sleep in their bed and ALWAYS be within sight of her. We live in the Western suburbs.. but Pets are INN has networks of boarding homes all over the Metro Area. They took all of our concerns and Molly's needs into account and placed her in a nice family home for the holidays while we visited family on the East Coast. We have used them twice.. Once Xmas of 2010 and once Xmas of 2011 (we elected to stay home for xmas of 2012) but HIGHLY recommend this business. We even received a christmas card when we got back with little details on how Molly got along with the other 2 dogs staying in the house. A very nice touch.

Description of Work
Our dog stayed 3 nights and days over the holidays at one of the households in their network

07/06/2012

Patricia P.

My dog is content and happy after staying with Pets Are Inn. I boarded him once at a regular kennel and ended up spending even more because of the vet bills afterward to deal with his anxiety. While Pets Are Inn is expensive, the cost is not that much higher, and the service is just amazing in comparison--and my dog is much happier (and not anxious). Ann Platt is wonderful to work with, and it is such a relief to just not have to worry about my dog when I am gone. On this last trip I was out of the country and difficult to reach, but I knew that he would be taken care of and Ann would use wise judgment is anything happened (he is getting old, so things can happen). I highly recommend.

Description of Work
I have boarded my dog with Pets Are Inn off and on for about 10 years. I have had nothing but a good experience with them. They know my dog well and try to have him stay with the same caregiver each time, if possible. They pick him up and they return him at the end of his stay. They pay attention to flight information, and if my flight is delayed, they will delay dropping him off (although this has never happened, but we have talked about it). They set up the gates in the kitchen when they drop him off, so he is waiting for me when I get home.

02/28/2011

michael F.

This was the first time we have left Daisy with someone other than family. She was picked up and places with a family who took care of her. She seemed to have enjoyed her experience and the feedback we got back that she was fun to have around. We are definitely going to use Pets Are Inn in the future. It is just too easy and much more comfortable than a kennel.

Description of Work
Our dog was picked up and cared for for three days.

Animal Boarding Kennels
    Animal & House Sitting
    Check, Visa, MasterCard

Care of pets occurs in individualized private homes. Serving the metro are since 1982. Awarded the "Best of Edina" by Edina Magazine

We are not a brick & mortar kennel facility nor a pet sitter that comes to your home for walks.