Michael G Kissell LTD

Founded 1977 • With Angi since July 2010

7100 Northland Cir N Ste 401

Minneapolis, MN 55428

For 32 years, Michael G. Kissell, Ltd's CPAs have been servicing the small business community. Our sole purpose is to provide quality service with the utmost integrity. From starting a new business to developing a succession plan, our business consulting services are with you throughout the life of your successful business.We are proud members of the Minnesota Society of CPAs and Minnesota Association of Public Accountants....

02/11/2017

Darren W.

He is very easy to work with, very thorough and professional, and just a pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend him.

Description of Work
He has done our taxes for several years

04/07/2016

Lisa H.

03/17/2016

Charrelynne C.

(Organized notebook) Received an email on 1/16/2016 with downloadable documents that I needed for my taxes. Documents and my notebook (of organized tax info) was dropped at the company address on 2/16. I received an email on 2/24 stating that my taxes were complete. I picked up my completed taxes soon after.

Description of Work
The individual company / prepares my tax returns.

03/03/2016

Troy S.

Description of Work
Michael prepared the tax return for our small business, and helpfully answered several questions that we had. Very pleased with the service, and will use again in the future.

02/26/2016

Teresa P.

Description of Work
Mike did our 2015 tax returns for us. We have a small business in addition to our personal taxes. He did a great job in a timely manner. We will definitely use him again next year.

09/04/2015

Timothy L.

Description of Work
Michael provided sound tax preparation advice and prepared our taxes, ensuring that we paid the lowest tax.

05/24/2015

MANDY P.

Bought the Big Deal for tax preparation services. This was the second year using Michael Kissell for completing our taxes. Great price, clear instructions on what was needed, quality work and fast!! Great experience both years.

Description of Work
Tax Preparation services

Category accountant

Thank you Mandy, it's a pleasure working with you!

01/27/2015

Jeremy M.

It worked out okay. I went to get some tax questions answered. He did that for me. It wasn’t difficult to get an appointment with him, I got in pretty easily. That was good. He is very far away, farther away than I expected.

Description of Work
I bought the Big Deal for Michael G Kissell

08/11/2014

Anna A.

Went very well. Michael was thorough and prompt. Very satisfied. Will go back to him next year!

Description of Work
Prepared our year end taxes

Category accountant

Thank you for the kind words [Member], I look forward to working with you again! -Mike

07/23/2014

Agata M.

I misunderstood the location of the law firm, I thought it was in the Dellwood area. The location is too far away for me to use. Need to find somebody else. :)

Category accountant

I apologize for the confusion [Member], best of luck with everything. -Mike

04/24/2014

Kari P.

Michael was very prompt in setting up an appointment for my taxes. Forms were provided through a weblink to complete in advance of our appointment, which made things very quick. He even found an error in my last years return with a very quick glance. He was very personable and easy to work with.

Description of Work
Prepare and file taxes.

Thank you [member Name], it was pleasure working with you! -Mike

04/21/2014

Ann O.

Prepared complex taxes including returns from multiple states. He was very responsive and quickly to calls and emails. Very willing to answer questions.

04/09/2014

Rich G.

Mike completed my 2013 federal and income taxes which were more complicated than I could manage on my own. It involved more tax forms than a standard return. He was very responsive to my concerns and provided excellent service. I would recommend him to my family and friends. Thanks Mike!

Category accountant

I am glad I could help. Thank you for your business and your great review, I really appreciate it! -Mike

04/09/2014

Darren W.

MIke made it very easy for us. Our first time working with him. We selected him based on great reviews here on Angie's List and we were not disappointed. Very reasonable prices and great service.

Description of Work
Mike prepared and filed our income taxes (both federal and state)

Category accountant

I appreciate your kind review, it was a pleasure working with you. Thank you. -Mike

04/07/2014

JIM P.

Filled a information form along with my 1099 form and Mail it to him. He mailed the completed tax form.

Description of Work
Did my income tax.

Category accountant

It was a pleasure working with you [removed members name], thank you for your business and kind review. -Mike

04/04/2014

Cherie M.

Did an great job in doing our taxes, would recommend this firm, saved more money this year by going with Michael!

Description of Work
Prepared taxes

Category accountant

Thank you for your review, I'm glad we could help. It was great working with you! -Mike

03/31/2014

lauren S.

I purchased a tax return deal from Angies list and initial communication was done through the website. Mike responded within the hour and we set up a time, within 2 weeks, to have him look at all of our financial documents. He was very knowledgeable and answered questions before we even had a chance to ask them.

Description of Work
Prepared jointly filed tax return

Category accountant

Thank you for choosing our company, I am happy to help in any way I can. I appreciate your business! -Mike

03/31/2014

Bonnie N.

He also provided me with information on future tax savings since I recently retired. Very nice to work with.

Description of Work
Had my taxes done for 2013.

Category accountant

It was my pleasure [member name removed], thank you for your business! -Mike

02/21/2014

Vicki S.

I purchased an Angie's List deal for this service. I had just married and moved to MN within the past year, and my husband and I had a lot of questions and issues about filing our first joint return. Mr. Kissell answered my email questions promptly, and I met with him once at his office to drop off the tax worksheet and the various paperwork. After meeting with him, I found out I had to file taxes in both states (where I had been living AND in MN) which did result in an additional but unavoidable fee. He completed our taxes very quickly and the rest of the transaction was conducted via internet, which was very convenient for us.

Description of Work
Joint tax return

Category accountant

It was a pleasure working with [member name removed], thank you for your business! -Mike

09/16/2013

Brenda C.

My business was left in a position of having to find a new CPA to file our taxes before the deadline which was only 3 work days away. Michael Kissell not only got us in right away to meet with him, but he corrected mistakes made by our previous accountant and got our taxes filed on time. We are confident that we have found the CPA to do all of our future business and personal tax returns. I highly recommend Michael Kissell.

Description of Work
My business had filed for an extension on our 2012 tax return. With less than a week until the deadline to file, the CPA we were using decided he was not going to do corporate returns any longer. I knew I would be able to come to Angie's List to help me find a new accountant. Michael Kissell had great reviews and he was able to meet with me right away.

Category accountant

I am so glad we could help! I look forward to working with you and many thanks for taking the time to write a review, we appreciate it! -Mike

09/05/2013

Adam S.

Michael was extremely helpful when consulting and knowledgeable of the topics we were interested in discussing - health plans, retirement accounts, etc. Excellent value for a business tax return too.

Description of Work
Accounting - Business Year end filing. Accounting - Consulting on tax withholdings and bookkeeping procedures.

Category accountant

Thank you for your kind review [member name removed], I appreciate your business and look forward to working with you! -Mike

08/29/2013

sarah K.

Very responsive and always quickly prepares our taxes.

Description of Work
Personal & business taxes.

Category accountant

Your positive comments are greatly appreciated, thank you for your business (removed member name)! -Mike

08/28/2013

Michael W.

Very personable, professional, timely with reasonable pricing. Good guidance on review of corporate operations.

Description of Work
Individual & corporate financial, account and taxes.

Category accountant

It's been a pleaure working with you (Member name removed), thank you for your business! -Mike

01/27/2012

JOHN & SUSAN L.

They are honest and knowledgeable. I actually worked them about twenty years ago. I have been happy with what they have done for us. He seems to know what he does. It's decently priced.

Description of Work
I use them for my corporate and personal taxes. I have used them for about twenty years.

Category accountant

Thank you [member name removed] for you review and for your business! -Mike

09/19/2001

JENNIFER B.

HE'S A GREAT GUY I'VE BEEN WITH HIM FOR 10 TO 12 YEARS

Description of Work
TAX PREPARATION

Jag Tax Management

JAG Tax Solutions has 35 years in the tax industry. We settle your tax debt for the least possible amount and gets you back on track with the IRS and State so levies and garnishments don't interfere with your life. We're #1 at getting the best resolutions, whether it be back taxes, payroll, non-filed, you name it, we handle it. So stop stressing and call now.

Upper Left Wealth Management

I focus on people in or near retirement, who want to reduce risk and taxes. UpperLeft Wealth Management is here for anyone planning for and trying to figure out if they're on pace for retirement, or are looking for investment management, advice on social security, home mortgages, taxes in retirement, or other financial questions. Our data-driven processes and strategic planning mean we help you face the curveballs life can throw at you. I am a CFP® and fiduciary, and hold an M.B.A. in finance from Columbia Business School. My reputation is built on your trust. If you're ready to look at improving your odds of success, contact me at www.upperleftwealth.com.

Lethert, Skwira, Schultz & Co. LLP

WE ARE A LOCAL CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTING FIRM LOCATED IN BLOOMINGTON AND ST.PAUL, MN. OFFERING ACCOUNTING, AUDITING AND TAX SERVICES TO INDIVIDUALS AND SMALL BUSINESS'S. WE HAVE A HIGHLY QUALIFIED STAFF OF 35+ FULL-TIME YEAR ROUND EMPLOYEES. WE OFFER FLEXIBLE APPT. TIMES, COMPETITIVE RATES AND PERSONALIZED SERVICE. FIRM HAS BEEN SERVING THE LOCAL COMMUNITY FOR OVER 100 YEARS!

Accountants/Tax Consultants
    Financial Planning
    Board of Accountacy
    12/31/2017

We provide accounting, bookkeeping and payroll, tax preparation and business consulting services. We also offer on location QuickBooks training and tips for you and your employees.