Kennedy Transmission, CVT & Auto

Founded 1962 • With Angi since June 2006

3423 E. Lake St.

Minneapolis, MN 55406

Kennedy Transmission, CVT and Auto Service have been offering the greater Minneapolis & St. Paul Minnesota community with quality, comprehensive auto repair services since 1962. Our shop services both domestic and imported cars, trucks, and SUVs. Our teams of certified and professionally trained automotive technicians take great pride and care for each and every customer that trusts us to take care of their car or truck. As a member of ATRA we are able to offer a national warranty on our automatic transmission work that is good at over 2,000 other ATRA repair shops....

4.3

12/30/2019

Was referred to kennedy when my repair shop couldn't figure out problem. Dropped Ranger off at shop open, didnt hear from them until i called at 20 min to close to find out the 4x4 didnt work because of a "broken circuit board" and they could fix it tomorrow. Okd repair for $575(!), and when I inquired about ABS was told it was another $100 to diagnose that. Despite me asking for both repairs when...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Electrical diagnosis to repair 4WD and ABS

CATEGORY

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/30/2019

09/19/2017

Went as planned. They had told me up front that if that was what it was, they would keep the car overnight as the part would have to come from out of state.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replaced wiper motor on 2012 Honda Civic.

CATEGORY auto repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/28/2017

06/06/2017

Kennedy Transmission did an awesome job on my AC! They found the problem and fixed it for less than half of what my dealership quoted me. They also honored the discount for AL members even though I didn't have a way to print out the coupon. This was my first experience with this company and I would go there again and certainly recommend them. Very personable and professional.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
My AC was blowing warm air out on hotter days. Definitely defeats the purpose on a hot day!

CATEGORY auto repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/06/2017

04/06/2017

Very well. They are very professional, pleasant and accommodating. We live in Iowa and my son goes to college in Minneapolis. He called me on a Sunday morning from the side of the road. We did not have any experience with any automobile mechanics in Minnesota, as we live in Iowa. I found Kennedy on Angies lists. We had the car towed there. Mark explained things very well every step of the way. The...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
2009 Chevrolet Impala. Transmission rebuilt, and parts replaced.

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/05/2017

07/06/2015

I greatly appreciated the responsiveness of the owner and his straightforward demeanor. I also found his price to be reasonable.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replaced my radiator and transmission hoses on a Toyota Tundra pickup.

CATEGORY auto repair,transmission repair,radiator service

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/11/2015

06/20/2014

They quickly diagnosed the issue as an electrical connection not being made rather than a major issue with the transmission itself. The whole experience was great. They were very professional, courteous, and honest. We would absolutely use them again in the future.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
My truck wouldn't shift out of second gear. Fearing the worst, I took it into Kennedy Transmission to have it checked out.

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/15/2013

05/01/2014

Horrible. The worst customer service experience of my life.  Here are the details that made the experience horrible. 1) I called the phone number for the shop in Fridley MN and found out the hard way that my truck ended up in south Minneapolis. 2) Took 3 days longer to do than I was told. 3)Charged more than $1000 more than the high end estimate.  And they didn't even put a fluid cooler on it like...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Installed a remanufactured transmission in my Dodge Ram. I was given the estimate 2600-3200. When it was finally finished 3 days later  than I was told it would be, the bill exceeded the high end estimate by over a thousand dollars.

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/05/2014

03/31/2014

Excellent service and timely

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Transmission rebuild

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/05/2013

01/12/2014

Mark was great about explaining everything that needed to be done. The total repair came in under estimate.  I would highly recommend Kennedy Transmission on Lake Street.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
transmission rebuild for our 2001 Honda Odyssey

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/10/2014

09/10/2013

They were able to fix the problem, the car works fine now. They were very professional, very friendly, and called us with any questions. We felt very well-served. Every time there was a problem with ordering a part, they called and explained it. The only time there was a problem was when they couldn't get a hold of a part and they explained to us that it was because of the age of the vehicle. We w...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We took our car to Kennedy Transmission & Brake for transmission services.

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/20/2013

CVT Repair, Transmission Repair, European Transmission Repair, Auto Repair, Engine Repair, Clutch Repair, Differential Repair, Driveline Repair, Brake Repair, Suspension & Steering, Engine Repair, CVT Rebuilding, Auto Electric, Battery / Charging Systems, Cooling Systems, Hybrid Repair, Emission Systems, Exhaust Systems, Fuel Systems, Lighting & Wipers, Filters & Fluids, Belts & Hoses, HVAC.

Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Financing Available