EDINBURGH PET HEALTH CENTER

Founded 1991 • With Angi since January 2002

Veterinarians

10 EMPLOYEES....

08/06/2019

I can’t say enough about Edinburgh Pet Health Center and I should have written a review long ago. I have taken my dog there for the past two years and have worked with both Dr. Carpenter and Dr. Nelson. While I love my dog to pieces, he can be a bit of a handful. He suffers from anxiety and unfortunately has gotten into inappropriate things several times. Dr. Nelson has helped me through all of th...

Description of Work
Dental Surgery

Category veterinarian

We are very pleased we were able to meet (and hopefully exceed) your expectations for quality veterinary care and customer service. We really do want to be a trusted partner with you to ensure your pet has a "family doctor" that is ready to help however we can. We wish you the best. Thank you for your kind words.

12/03/2018

it went so well! Diagnosis correctly and immediately gave my pet relief. Lovely building.......friendly, empathetic and amicable staff.

Description of Work
My pet was sick.

Category veterinarian

We are so glad we were able to help in such a timely fashion. We really appreciate you sharing your experience with us,.

09/02/2017

Between the visit and the medication, it was about $160. They are all great there. What keeps me going back to them is weirdly my dog is not nervous when we go there. Actually, we just switched to go there, we used to go for 30 years to another vet place with our previous dogs. This dog that we have started to become real nervous when we went to the other place. We had gone to the Edinburgh one da...

Description of Work
They were looking at my dog’s eye, he had kind of an eye infection.

06/07/2017

They are very good. My pet loves them.

Description of Work
They did an annual check up.

06/07/2017

They're all excellent. They're all into dog training. It's just another "A" place. They are very good. My pet loves it.

Description of Work
We do regular check-up. The annual check-up and we did a surgery once. When she was 3 months old, she had some junk caught in her [unintelligible word at 34:09]. They had to cut that out. We were just there last week. They were testing a stool sample for heart-worms.

06/23/2015

My cat had to come in at 8:30 AM this morning for dental work. He was there all day. At the end of the day, they said they didn't have enough expertise to complete the job so I will need to go to another dentist that actually has dental training, and pay him for the same thing that I thought they would do. OK. Bill came to $700 for just today. When I picked up my cat the vet said that my cat is in pain due to extreme dental problems including holes in his teeth. I am sure the scraping of the plaque today didn't help the pain. She emphasized that he was really in pain and I told her I wanted to do what ever I could to keep him comfortable until I could get his teeth fixed on Thursday. She showed me some syringes that I was supposed to inject under his tongue tonight to control the pain. I watched her take them out of the bag she had for me, and demonstrate them to me, but I do not recall her putting them back in the bag. Anyway, she then told me to meet her assistant at the front desk. Her assistant appeared with the bag of stuff (where the syringes should have been) and cat food I ordered and the bill. I reviewing the bill with the assistant, and then we left.. When I got home, the syringes were not in the bag. I tried calling immediately, but no one answered and there was no message machine nor was there another number to call in case I needed to get a hold of the vet in an emergency. My cat is in severe pain and there is nothing I can do. I tried the emergency places but they wanted an additional 130.00 just to see the cat. I can not afford that, and so he must suffer tonight. For the money I paid, I don't belief I got anything except a cat in pain. Making sure that the syringes were in the bag is the very minimal I would expect for a professional. Hadn't I paid enough?

Description of Work
Took blood work and did check ups for two cats one day. Today did dental work, but did not complete the job. Was supposed to give pain medication, but did not, although she billed me for it and I paid her.

12/11/2014

Dr. Carpenter is a very caring, knowledgeable professional who explains clearly what she observes, is very clear about possible tests, always honors the pet owners' questions and decisions but is willing to give her advice when asked. She also explains the possible tests, their costs and lets us determine what we can afford. In this case she diagnosed that Mama Kitty most probably had a deteriorating liver, with fluid build-up. To drain off the fluid might be more damage to the liver than leaving it, she explained, so we held off on draining. She explained that there could be more tests and possible surgery depending on what the tests indicated, but was candid about the fact that given the cat's age, she suspected that the situation was terminal. Her clear analysis of the situation, and the fact that she doesn't push unnecessary treatments was much appreciated. The vet's assistants at the center are also caring, professionals and the experience from beginning to end is excellent. The only slight drawback for me is the cost, although I haven't actually compared costs with other vets' offices. I understand vetrenary costs are high everywhere.

Description of Work
I have gone to this center since I moved to Minnesota 2 1/2 years ago and I can't say enough good things about them. This time we brought a very sick elder cat in to determine whether it was a situation requiring euthanasia or not. We agreed to do a limited number of tests (x-rays and blood tests) to rule out a few things. The vet then explained what might possibly be wrong with our Mama Kitty and various treatment options/solutions. We have held off on the euthanasia for now, but understand what the symptoms will be when it nears the end.

08/05/2014

I was very impressed with the clinic and the entire staff. Everyone was very caring and very professional. The clinic was very clean and inviting, and I felt that my pets will get the best of care there.

Description of Work
My cat's records had been transferred from my previous vet, so this visit was an initial general exam, going over his records and administering a distemper shot. I also purchased a case of a prescription food he's on for IBD.

06/20/2014

They were able to help. We've been using them for 10 years. It's a very nice, clean office with a friendly, responsive staff. Both vets I've dealt with are very knowledgeable. It's very easy to schedule appointments and they're very quick.

Description of Work
I have an older cat and he has kidney failure and thyroid issues and they were seeing him for those issues as a follow-up appointment and to have bloodwork run. They also provided medications.

06/17/2014

They are an excellent pet care provider. We have been using them over 15 years.

Description of Work
Surgically removed a tumor from our cat's side.

Category veterinarian

VETERINARY CARE, SURGERY, HOSPITAL CARE AND PREVENTATIVE CARE FOR CATS AND DOGS, PRESCRIPTION MEDICINES, SPECIAL DIETS.

EXOTIC ANIMAL TREATMENT, BOARDING OR GROOMING.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover