Swedish Motors

Founded 2008 • With Angi since January 2011

432 11th Av S

Hopkins, MN 55343

Volvo Repairs Previously Owned Volvo Dealer...

09/11/2019

Michael A.

First time I had used these guys. Dealer I had been using seemed unable to locate cause of a few problems with hard starting and ABS brake system fault issues. Justin did diagnostics and pinpointed probable causes and gave me realistic repair pricing. I did not have the work done at this time, because I am thinking of trading the vehicle soon. If I do have the work done, I would trust them to do the work right at a reasonable price. Seems to be a well run shop that actually cares about their customers.

Description of Work
General diagnostics for some ongoing issues with Volvo XC70

01/23/2017

SANDRA D.

He use to work at Volvo and he and his partner both good and so their very well train and their very professional and I don't go anywhere else. He not only knows his stuff, he knows how to explain it to you and that especially when your doing something you yourself don't know how to fix is key.

Description of Work
Do an overall inspection and fix whatever needed to be fixed before I went on the twenty five hundred mile trip.

Category auto repair, car inspections

01/23/2017

SANDRA D.

I have had no problems.

06/30/2016

Sean C.

Airconditioner inspection conducted at a cost of $109 (price not mentioned up front - but not charged following discussion) with the recommendation to get a new compressor at the cost of $2k or alternately $300 to regas when was re-gassed 12months ago per sticker in engine bay. Minimal online research (swedespeed) and a 5 minute inspection showed ac clutch gap to be the issue (common in modern volvos) . fix under $200 for new clutch and install or $20 by shim gap fix.

Description of Work
Asked for oil change, windscreen wiper hose plug and investigation of intermittent airconditioner stopping issue. Oil change done and appreciated. $60 Wiper fluid hose plug - wanted $13 for a $3 plug- not done, no explanation on pickup.

01/26/2016

Janice H.

Description of Work
Great job on two of our Volvos, less expensive than the dealership.

07/22/2015

Patti B.

Everything went great, even took me downtown Hopkins to have breakfast and kill time. Will go back for any future work!!

Description of Work
Justin replaced my rear brakes and had other things done, timing belt. About 200.00 less than Volvo dealers.

Affordable Auto Service

At Affordable Auto, we pride ourselves on repairing and maintaining your vehicle right the first time. With over 25 years of experience servicing vehicles, we work on every car like it is our own! No matter what vehicle repair you need, our auto technicians are ready to get you back on the road. We handle all auto repairs to your foreign, domestic, or hybrid vehicle no matter how major or minor. Award winning. Locally owned & operated.

Offers by Affordable Auto Service on Angi
    Am-Pm Automotive Repair

For over 25 years we have been servicing vehicles in the White Bear Lake area and surrounding communities. Started by Greg Martz, we're still a family owned business focusing on you as our customer. As an AC Delco tech center, you can be 100% confident that only the highest quality auto parts will be used on your automobile. While many of our competitors cut prices by cutting quality, we guarantee that all of the replacement parts that we use meet the O.E.M. specifications (original equipment specifications). We do it all, from minor repairs to complete overhauls! We distinguish ourselves from any competition by our exceptional auto repair and customer service!

Auto Service
    Auto Inspections
    Visa, MasterCard

Auto diagnostics, repair & predictive maintenance.